Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

RIP Meat Loaf

NBJ - Everything Else

Old 01-21-2022, 10:22 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige
Default RIP Meat Loaf

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...f-dies-74.html

American singer Meat Loaf, known for hits including Bat Out Of Hell, has died at the age of 74 after selling more than 100million albums worldwide and starring in 65 movies, his family announced today.

The singer, whose real name was Michael Lee Aday, died with his wife Deborah at his side. He had an extraordinary career over six decades with the Bat Out Of Hell trilogy among his most popular musical offerings.

In 2016 he was honoured with the Hero Award at the annual Q Awards music ceremony, which he dedicated to everyday heroes and called on people to 'bring love back into this world'.

A statement by his family posted on the star's Facebook page this morning said: 'Our hearts are broken to announce that the incomparable Meat Loaf passed away tonight with his wife Deborah by his side. Daughters Pearl and Amanda and close friends have been with him throughout the last 24 hours.

'His amazing career spanned six decades that saw him sell over 100 million albums worldwide and star in over 65 movies, including Fight Club, Focus, Rocky Horror Picture Show and Wayne's World. Bat Out of Hell remains one of the top ten selling albums of all time.'

The post added: 'We know how much he meant to so many of you and we truly appreciate all of the love and support as we move through this time of grief in losing such an inspiring artist and beautiful man. We thank you for your understanding of our need for privacy at this time. From his heart to your souls... don't ever stop rocking!'

Very sad to read this - I am a huge fan, and he was the first concert I ever went to.

Old 01-22-2022, 08:15 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

RIP to a great artist
Old 01-22-2022, 09:15 PM
Posting everyday

Was a bit shocked to read this yesterday. Great artist and Bat Out Of Hell I & II are records I often go back and listen to. RIP!

Tags
meat loaf