Official April 20, 2008 Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines thread

Tour Discussion

Old 08-02-2019, 03:08 AM
Dry County

Send a message via MSN to LeaJovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
‪JackieBlue & Thinny (Together, Forever) = Richie Sambora: Never Say Goodbye.‬
I don't remember your posts being so weird. Did something happen to you?

Old 08-02-2019, 03:31 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaJovi View Post
I don't remember your posts being so weird. Did something happen to you?
Something? Pfff EVERYTHING.
Old 08-02-2019, 05:38 AM
Jovi Freak

JackieBlue, in my job I personally wrote a lot of contracts and I always include a clause of "absoluta reserva" and that I could "Resolver Unilateralmente EL CONTRATO durante la ejecución y sin expresión de causa y/o cuando lo considere conveniente, en virtud a las necesidades propias de mis actividades económicas, bastando para ello que envíe una comunicación electrónica con una antelación de SIETE (07) DÍAS NATURALES..."

and now that you are SO interested in Bon Jovi business, maybe you wanna know the story behind the BJ cups at concerts... https://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/hcmc37jhqc
Old 08-02-2019, 11:33 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Like you, I find it incredibly hard to believe that Jon didn't have a formal agreement with Richie (or the other band members, assuming the same basic conditions would apply across the board). But even as much as I question Jon's statements at times, I can't think of one possible purpose it would serve for him to say there wasn't a contract if one existed.
I get you. My first thought was that Jon was still trying to convey the blood brothers, bar band that plays big bars mentality. Truth is we all knew long ago that that was all bull....

Last edited by Thinny; 08-02-2019 at 11:53 AM..
Old 08-04-2019, 08:14 PM
These Days

Quote:
JackieBlue, in my job I personally wrote a lot of contracts and I always include a clause of "absoluta reserva" and that I could "Resolver Unilateralmente EL CONTRATO durante la ejecución y sin expresión de causa y/o cuando lo considere conveniente, en virtud a las necesidades propias de mis actividades económicas, bastando para ello que envíe una comunicación electrónica con una antelación de SIETE (07) DÍAS NATURALES..."

and now that you are SO interested in Bon Jovi business, maybe you wanna know the story behind the BJ cups at concerts... https://fast.wistia.net/embed/iframe/hcmc37jhqc
Interesting. Google translate doesn't have punctuation, though; so I'm not sure if I'm interpreting it correctly. Does that mean you can unilaterally resolve (i.e., change, amend, cancel) the contract without cause during the execution (i.e., before it's signed by both parties), and you can resolve the contract *after*execution when it's deemed appropriate by virtue of the needs of your economic situation/needs with sufficient notice (i.e., 7 natural, vs business days)? What I mean is, are you reserving the right to resolve (withdraw, change, amend) at any time; but if you do so after the both parties have signed, your right to resolve is dependent on a change in your financial situation, as well as providing 7 days notice?

Cool video. So the cups at BJ concerts are recyclable? If so, that's kinda neat.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:34 AM
Jovi Freak

‪I didn’t mention financial (money), I said economic (need). It’s always prudent to have a notice time...‬
Old 08-05-2019, 12:42 AM
These Days

Quote:
‪I didn’t mention financial (money), I said economic (need). It’s always prudent to have a notice time...‬
Yes, that was a loose translation. But you're reserving the right resolve at any time or only during execution? That's the part that punctuation would have helped clarify.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:51 AM
Jovi Freak

Any time but with 7 days notice comunication.
There are also ethic and health clauses that can resolve the contract automatically...

I can’t imagine a war between Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora
I always thought they were truly friends, and smart guys; so I hope they were and they still are friends.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:04 PM
These Days

Quote:
Any time but with 7 days notice comunication.
There are also ethic and health clauses that can resolve the contract automatically...

I always thought they were truly friends, and smart guys; so I hope they were and they still are friends.
Me, too. Even if they never sing together again.

Thanks for the clarification. That's the way I understood it; but it could have been read a couple of different ways, so I wasn't sure.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:16 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Unfortunately I think the fall in the classic Jagger/Richards, Tyler/Perry type singer/guitarist relationship. There has certainly been tension between them over the years, especially since the early 90s. The difference in Mick and Keith and Steven and Joe is that they can put their difference aside and still play together. The fact that Jon and Richie can't, says to me that it runs deeper...