Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Def Leppard support Bon Jovi on European Tour?

Tour Discussion

Old 04-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Jovi FANatic

When was the last time Def Leppard had a top 10 album in Australia?

Old 04-02-2013, 08:45 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
That's basically just what I was saying. They're asking for too much money, and no promoter will pay that, because Van Halen will not sell tickets here. They're just not that popular.

Ice
Fair enough. Back in 2006 a Dutch promoter brought up how getting Van Halen to Europe was deemed impossible. They were offered a small arena tour (6.000-8.000 people), something just not possible for Def Leppard, hence me saying such a thing. I know things are differently in Scandinavia though, that kind of music is way more popular over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan View Post
They're big in Japan and Australia. When someone says "overseas", they're not specifically referring to Holland.

You really interpret things on message boards poorly, which surprises me as I have the feeling you are a member of many. I'm not getting worked up at all (and never do).
I'm very much aware we're not talking about Holland here, I'm not that daft. But I've no problem with interpreting things here, I know my way around the English language better than most Americans do, which has absolutely nothing to do with how I interpret things on a messageboards anyway.

Considering you're from the Boston area, meaning the East Coast of the U.S.A., saying overseas usually means Europe. When I say overseas I'm not talking about Japan either. And yes, you do get worked up, you get worked up all the time about the smallest things on here.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Last edited by Supersonic; 04-02-2013 at 08:49 PM..
Old 04-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Matt did tweet:

I can say its won't be an 80's band. We're not on a nostalgia tour.

if that is in reference to Leopard, I don't know. He did ask the question who we would like to see for opening act.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:28 PM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Fair enough. Back in 2006 a Dutch promoter brought up how getting Van Halen to Europe was deemed impossible. They were offered a small arena tour (6.000-8.000 people), something just not possible for Def Leppard, hence me saying such a thing. I know things are differently in Scandinavia though, that kind of music is way more popular over there.
Actually, that's the size of venue Def Leppard played on their last proper European tour. And this is headlining tour, not these double bills that are so popular in the US nowadays.

In Finland they played the Helsinki Ice Hall which has the capacity of 8,200. Elsewhere in the Nordic they played at big festivals or places like the Trondheim Market Sqaure or in Russia at Kalingrad city airport, which probably had even bigger capacities.

In the UK they played places like the Wembley Arena (12,500 seats), Birmingham NEC (between 13,000 and 15,500) or Manchester MEN which has a capacity of up to 23,000.

In Greece they played on Karaiskaki Stadium that seats up to 32,000. In Romania the Romexpo which seats up to 40,000.

In the States and Canada they play places with capacities between 10 and 20,000.

And so on. They're not quite as unpopular as you seem to think.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:29 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa71 View Post
Don't we know it. Wish you were.

Ice

Old 04-02-2013, 09:34 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion View Post
When was the last time Def Leppard had a top 10 album in Australia?
1992, Adrenalize was number 1. 1995 The Vault got up to number 9. 1996 Slang got up to 11.

But I don't really see the point here. Most rock bands can't even break the top 100 these days, and Leps' latest non-compilation or live album went to number 5 in the US, number 7 in Canada and number 10 in the UK. It even got on the charts in Australia, albeit at number 82, but it's still better than most of their peers.

Ice

Old 04-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
In the UK they played places like the Wembley Arena (12,500 seats), Birmingham NEC (between 13,000 and 15,500) or Manchester MEN which has a capacity of up to 23,000.
It was a co-headline UK tour with Motley Crue actually.

http://www.defleppard.com/news/2011/...nounce-uk-tour

Quote:

But I don't really see the point here. Most rock bands can't even break the top 100 these days, and Leps' latest non-compilation or live album went to number 5 in the US, number 7 in Canada and number 10 in the UK. It even got on the charts in Australia, albeit at number 82, but it's still better than most of their peers.

Ice
Danfan claimed they were big in Australia, That's why I asked when was the last time they made the top 10.

Last edited by SexxAtraxxion; 04-02-2013 at 09:48 PM..
Old 04-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to crashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion View Post
It was a co-headline UK tour with Motley Crue actually.

http://www.defleppard.com/news/2011/...nounce-uk-tour

Which a few of my friends went to see and they raved about Crue but honestly said Def Leppard were terrible!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:47 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan View Post
Really?

Do you own Mirror Ball? Did you watch those videos I posted from youtube? The guy has never sounded better.
What we're trying to say that he might sound great comparing him with himself in other times, but Jon has a better voice than Joe. And I love Def Leppard, and yes, I do have Mirrorball.

About the overseas thing, here (Argentina) Def Leppard is not as big as Van Halen. Such a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa71 View Post
Matt did tweet:

if that is in reference to Leopard, I don't know. He did ask the question who we would like to see for opening act.
This is idiotic, you're not in a nostalgia tour for having a big 80's band opening for you. You define your tour with the songs you're playing. Also, Def Leppard is a band that most of Bon Jovi fans would like to have as an opening act.

Offtopic: I hear the word "nostalgia" again and I'm gonna hit someone.

(+ Santiago 09/24/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/26/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/16/2017)
These Days!

Old 04-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed View Post
Which a few of my friends went to see and they raved about Crue but honestly said Def Leppard were terrible!
Crue is fun live, but Vince can't sing to save his life.

Tags
def leppard, support act