Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Def Leppard support Bon Jovi on European Tour?

Tour Discussion

Old 04-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

I'm very much aware we're not talking about Holland here, I'm not that daft. But I've no problem with interpreting things here, I know my way around the English language better than most Americans do, which has absolutely nothing to do with how I interpret things on a messageboards anyway.

Considering you're from the Boston area, meaning the East Coast of the U.S.A., saying overseas usually means Europe. When I say overseas I'm not talking about Japan either. And yes, you do get worked up, you get worked up all the time about the smallest things on here.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Now who's getting worked up?

No, I'm not that oblivious to think that overseas is only Europe.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed View Post
Which a few of my friends went to see and they raved about Crue but honestly said Def Leppard were terrible!
I saw this tour in Manchester, Steel Panther went down a storm as did Crue who were excellent (the best I've seen them since '89) I left after 2 Def Leppard songs.......very boring
Old 04-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezearis View Post

About the overseas thing, here (Argentina) Def Leppard is not as big as Van Halen. Such a shame.
Come on mate, is not as if Van Halen is wildly popular here either, I doubt one is more popular than the other to really count it

Re Van Halen/Def Leppard. Van Halen is my second favourite band but it is commonly known that they did not do the ground work outside the US. There is not a strong Van Halen fan base in much of Europe, Asia, or South America, of course some countries took to the band more but Van Halen is an American band in that they were only ever interested in America.

Yes their fees are high, and it is a part of the reason they do not tour outside the US, but they are rarely picked up for festivals either outside the US. Firstly the band is and mostly always has been happy to just tour the US, and secondly there is not enough interest to sustain a long tour overseas.

The only way a European tour would work for Van Halen if it was maybe one or two shows with limited capacity per country. I am not sure even that would shift loads of tickets.

Def Leppard is well liked in Europe, so I imagine they could out tour Van Halen there, although we will never know.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:19 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlookin View Post
Come on mate, is not as if Van Halen is wildly popular here either, I doubt one is more popular than the other to really count it
Yeah, they have both small fanbases here, but I don't know why I've seen more people that knows Van Halen than people that knows Def Leppard. You say Van Halen, they say "Jump"; you say "Def Leppard" and they see you with a weird face.

But yes, they're really small here. On the other hand, you say "Bon Jovi" and everyone knows about them, doesn't matter the age or kind of music they hear. Another point against the people that say Bon Jovi is dead, can't stay relevant and nobody gives a **** about them. Most of the bands of their time had been forgotten.

(+ Santiago 09/24/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/26/2013 | Buenos Aires 09/16/2017)
These Days!

Old 04-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Yeah, they have both small fanbases here, but I don't know why I've seen more people that knows Van Halen than people that knows Def Leppard. You say Van Halen, they say "Jump"; you say "Def Leppard" and they see you with a weird face.

But yes, they're really small here. On the other hand, you say "Bon Jovi" and everyone knows about them, doesn't matter the age or kind of music they hear. Another point against the people that say Bon Jovi is dead, can't stay relevant and nobody gives a **** about them. Most of the bands of their time had been forgotten.
I know, Bon Jovi is well known in Argentina. I think the 90's were huge for the band here, a lot of people I know in their late twenties and early thirties know Bon Jovi songs well (Keep the Faith, These Days, and Cross Road) even if they do not actually like them.

They get mainstream press here too, like when they were on TRECE a couple weeks back, sure they do that for all the big acts, but only the really big ones. If they come here, which I still doubt, this year that it will be a big gig again, although I am interested to see where. Velez Sarsfiled is holding more gigs recently, like Elton John and that AXEL? guy, so I hope it is there as I am only five blocks away.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:41 PM
These Days

Quote:
I know, Bon Jovi is well known in Argentina. I think the 90's were huge for the band here, a lot of people I know in their late twenties and early thirties know Bon Jovi songs well (Keep the Faith, These Days, and Cross Road) even if they do not actually like them.

They get mainstream press here too, like when they were on TRECE a couple weeks back, sure they do that for all the big acts, but only the really big ones. If they come here, which I still doubt, this year that it will be a big gig again, although I am interested to see where. Velez Sarsfiled is holding more gigs recently, like Elton John and that AXEL? guy, so I hope it is there as I am only five blocks away.
They've already played in Velez, so is not like it's a crazy idea, but I think they'll play in River next time. River is the big stadium for big acts, I can't see Bon Jovi anywhere but there :P

I only hope they're not doing the gig in the Estadio Único de La Plata.

These Days!

Old 04-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
They've already played in Velez, so is not like it's a crazy idea, but I think they'll play in River next time. River is the big stadium for big acts, I can't see Bon Jovi anywhere but there :P

I only hope they're not doing the gig in the Estadio Único de La Plata.
I have never been, what is wrong with it?

I guess it will be River too, I have never seen Bon Jovi here, only in the UK so it will be a first for me.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:03 AM
These Days

Quote:
I have never been, what is wrong with it?

I guess it will be River too, I have never seen Bon Jovi here, only in the UK so it will be a first for me.
Well, the city collapses every time there's a big gig like Guns N' Roses or Aerosmith. When the Guns concert ended was back in Buenos Aires at 5 AM in the morning, without stopping to eat, just trying to get out of the city.

With Aerosmith happenned something similar. They're not ready for big gigs, IMO, unless is a second date, or they need a better organization.

Also, I've been in several gigs here in Argentina and the ones in River are the most memorables, I don't know why, but there's something magical about that stadium... or maybe it's just that I'm a River Plate fan :P

What gig did you attended in the UK?

These Days!

Old 04-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Jovi FANatic

I have no opinion about Def Leppard...

But let's face it; everything beats Nickleshit.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:15 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland View Post
I have no opinion about Def Leppard...

But let's face it; everything beats Nickleshit.
It seems that you haven't heard this:

These Days!

Tags
def leppard, support act