Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Steel Panther

Other Bands

Old 08-17-2013, 01:48 PM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolai View Post
He's reeling out the rod. Don't take the bait, people.
Tictoc is but a troll. It's all he's ever been. I've had him on my ignore list for a long time now, I suggest everyone to block him. He hasn't contributed anything to this community.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.

Old 08-17-2013, 02:43 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

incredible band.

anyone who thinks the guys are con-artists are plain ****ing stooopid.

I met them and they were great guys, spoke about music-they really know their stuff.

Satchel is a genius-defo the brains of the operation musically. They're all very intelligent fellas.

One of the best gigs I've been to was their show in 2012.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Location: In a bar breathing smoke, snorting whiskey drinking coke.

Haha, oh Christ. How pitifully deluded are you people?

Steel Panther are made up of actors. It's a comedy troupe ffs. I have no doubt that they are also decent musicians but live they cover up a lot with backing tracks and the lead singer mimes more often than not.

E.g, look at this video - The singer isn't even in time with the vocal track. He's too busy trying to look funny. There's also videos where the guitarist solos, drops his guitar and the solo keeps playing on.

Deal with it instead of acting like little fan girls.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Tokyo Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
What? Which song is about beating your girlfriend? And there are never enough songs about anal sex, even SP only has a few.
Why Dont You Trust Me - sample lyrics "before I go Chris Brown and punch you in the neck" and "Or I'm gonna rip your head off in a cocaine rage"

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:45 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Walrus View Post
Why Dont You Trust Me - sample lyrics "before I go Chris Brown and punch you in the neck" and "Or I'm gonna rip your head off in a cocaine rage"
Uh, that's not really about beating your girlfriend, it's a parody of a "rock star behaviour". And even then, it's at best (or worst) threathning with violence, not about beating your girlfriend.

I wouldn't take the lyrics that seriously, it's all about parody, taking the cliche's and amping them to the max.

Ice

Old 08-17-2013, 08:52 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambos apprentice View Post
I met them and they were great guys, spoke about music-they really know their stuff.

Satchel is a genius-defo the brains of the operation musically. They're all very intelligent fellas.
They're all excellent musicians. Satchel (aka Russ Parrish) is one of the best guitarists around. He was a teacher(!) at the GIT and has written with Paul Gilbert and toured with Rob Halford for example. Michael Starr (aka Ralph Saenz) sang with LA Guns, and the other guys have been around the block as well.

They can really play and sing, and even though the stage show and most of the raps are pre-planned, it's still hell of a show.

Ice

Old 08-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Tokyo Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Uh, that's not really about beating your girlfriend, it's a parody of a "rock star behaviour". And even then, it's at best (or worst) threathning with violence, not about beating your girlfriend.

I wouldn't take the lyrics that seriously, it's all about parody, taking the cliche's and amping them to the max.

Ice
Oh don't worry I dont take it seriously, but I dont find it particularly funny either. There are some good songs on that album (Tomorrow Night being the best of them) but there are some pretty terrible ones too (Critter, Let Me Come In, Why Don't you trust me, Thats What Girls Are For). Overall its just not a great album

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:44 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Walrus View Post
Oh don't worry I dont take it seriously, but I dont find it particularly funny either. There are some good songs on that album (Tomorrow Night being the best of them) but there are some pretty terrible ones too (Critter, Let Me Come In, Why Don't you trust me, Thats What Girls Are For). Overall its just not a great album
Seems like you like the ones where they make fun of themselves, and dislike the ones where they act like schauvinist rock stars. I think the first album is better, but I still like all the songs you mentioned.

Ice

Old 08-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

Love this band. Apparently, apart from Michael Starr, the rest of the band wear wigs. Dunno how true this is.

Feel the Steel is probably the best album as I feel it's more consistent, whereas Balls Out has some great songs but more filler. For some reason my favourite track on Balls Out is "Just Like Tiger Woods". It's not the most in-your-face Panther song but its just loaded with hooks and I love the guitar work on it. Maybe it's the more melodic side of it I like the most.

I saw them live in 2011 supporting Mötley Crüe and Def Leppard in Wembley Arena and naturally it was a great show. They really own the stage. Should pick up their live Blu Ray soon.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 12-01-2020 at 12:42 AM..
Old 08-18-2013, 12:45 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 1986 View Post
Love this band. Apparently, apart from Michael Starr, the rest of the band wear wigs. Dunno how true this is.
It's true, you can find pictures of them pretty easily.

Ice

Tags
steel panther