Home Register Members FAQ

Steel Panther

Other Bands

Old 03-23-2014, 11:55 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by life_of_agony View Post
Oh...and not that I would support illegally downloading music, but rumour has it that their new album has leaked onto the interwebs if you are so inclined...
Thanks for the heads up. I've pre-ordered the CD but it's nice to have an early listen.....completely theoretically of course

Old 03-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by life_of_agony View Post
Cool stuff, you guys just need to get on a support slot with 'em now...head over to Australia while you're at it.

Just purchased "Get On It" on itunes by the way. Really dig it, looking forward to the album coming out.

thanks bro

Every download counts

Xxx
Old 03-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Blaze of Posting

Seen them on Wednesday night. Good gig, had lots of laughs. It's just that the new songs don't hold up to their debut album. Balls Out was a bit rubbish and some of these songs from the latest record that they played just sounded a bit too poppy for me.

Also, they talk way too much. I mean, I know, it's part of the gig and what not, but it's just a bit too much.
AND - they should be more selective with the girls they let on stage. Some of them looked way underage and that just made it all feel a bit odd. I guess it's the venue who shouldn't let them in - still.

When they actually play stuff from their first record - they are awesome. Last time they played London they had Vivian Campbell come on stage and they had some metal riffs madness jam...I thought that was missing this time.

But hey - I had fun, no question about it.

However - I'd take Hardcore Superstar any day of the week. Better songs and actual rock show, rather than a comedy act.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:40 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
However - I'd take Hardcore Superstar any day of the week. Better songs and actual rock show, rather than a comedy act.
Their last couple of albums had been just as spotty, though... the s/t is awesome all around, but their schtick got old REAL fast after that. Singer also shows about 0 nuance in his delivery. I don't know, I loved them to death when the s/t was released, and Crashdiet also had just put out Rest In Sleaze, but both bands kind of became carricatures of themselves ever since.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:17 AM
Blaze of Posting

The new album has a few brilliant tracks on it, I think. Obviously haven't taken it all in but even so a few songs have jumped out straight away.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:36 AM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 View Post
The new album has a few brilliant tracks on it, I think. Obviously haven't taken it all in but even so a few songs have jumped out straight away.

I think the glam songs are good, but most of it is just too heavy and lacking in melody. It's like they're doing the same shit too many hard rock bands did in the late 80s, try to be too heavy. Like Skid Row with Subhuman Race.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Tokyo Road

Genuinely, their new album may be the worst thing i've ever heard. I think it may have turned me into a radical feminist

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator
It's my post

A few decent tracks on it here and there but after a few listens sadly not a patch on the 1st 2 albums.
* Shepherds Bush 1998 (Richie) * Wembley Stadium 2000 * Milton Keynes 2001 * Wembley Arena 2002 * Hyde Park 2003 * Ricoh Arena 2006 * St Marys 2006 * Milton Keynes 2006 * O2 Arena 2007 * St Marys 2008 * Manchester 2008 * Ricoh Arena 2008 * Ashton Gate 2008 * Twickenham x2 2008 * O2 Arena x8 2010 * Hard Rock Calling 2011 * Shepherds Bush 2012 (Richie) *Etihad Manchester 2013 * Villa Park 2013 * Hyde Park 2013 *O2 Islington 2014 (Richie) *London Palladium 2016 * O2 Arena 2016 (RSO)

*Twitter * * YouTube*
Old 04-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Location: In a bar breathing smoke, snorting whiskey drinking coke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Walrus View Post
Genuinely, their new album may be the worst thing i've ever heard. I think it may have turned me into a radical feminist
I got sick of them after I saw that they play mostly to backing tracks. I've noticed they have got more and more vulgar and misogynistic recently. It's probably to suit the meat head fan base but it's just not fun any more. Pack it in you one note wonders.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:06 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictoc View Post
I got sick of them after I saw that they play mostly to backing tracks. I've noticed they have got more and more vulgar and misogynistic recently. It's probably to suit the meat head fan base but it's just not fun any more. Pack it in you one note wonders.
Prude

Tags
steel panther