General BJ Discussion

Old 01-23-2023, 09:09 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkid View Post
I'll bite. Here would be my ideal, somewhat realistic setlist for a farewell tour with Richie.
Quote:
Ideally I would want them to do 50 shows max...
Quote:
9. These Days/Diamond Ring/Something for the Pain
13. Dry County/Bed of Roses
Quote:
22. Always (though this one probably won't be possible without "help")
You just posted a 2,5 hour, 23 song setlist filled with songs Jon struggled with even 10 years ago and you think ideally it'd be 50 shows long and is somewhat realistic?

Jon struggles 1 song into the show. By the time he hits the chorus of the first song he's out of breath and needs to resort to posing and throwing The Smile. He struggled with a 20 show European leg and had to cut shows short ánd had a break after 10 shows. He couldn't finish the last South American tour and had to give David a slot just to catch his breath. Even if this band will go on tour Jon will rely/depend on a little more than just "help".

The band have been offered plenty of deals for both a South American tour and a European tour but BJM have declined all offers so far. I've no idea why anyone would want to see this band perform live ever again even if Richie joins the band again. Everyone knows they're done and the only people in Bon Jovi camp refusing to admit they are are on JBJ's payroll.

That video of Richie doing his organ solo gymnastics on a guitar shows it'd have nothing to do with the band most people I assume grew up with and started loving in the first place. What's the point of another tour when it'll be one letdown after the other?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Old 01-23-2023, 10:50 PM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

You just posted a 2,5 hour, 23 song setlist filled with songs Jon struggled with even 10 years ago and you think ideally it'd be 50 shows long and is somewhat realistic?

Jon struggles 1 song into the show. By the time he hits the chorus of the first song he's out of breath and needs to resort to posing and throwing The Smile. He struggled with a 20 show European leg and had to cut shows short ánd had a break after 10 shows. He couldn't finish the last South American tour and had to give David a slot just to catch his breath. Even if this band will go on tour Jon will rely/depend on a little more than just "help".

The band have been offered plenty of deals for both a South American tour and a European tour but BJM have declined all offers so far. I've no idea why anyone would want to see this band perform live ever again even if Richie joins the band again. Everyone knows they're done and the only people in Bon Jovi camp refusing to admit they are are on JBJ's payroll.

That video of Richie doing his organ solo gymnastics on a guitar shows it'd have nothing to do with the band most people I assume grew up with and started loving in the first place. What's the point of another tour when it'll be one letdown after the other?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
This has to be the most negative reply I have ever seen. Congratulations
Old 01-23-2023, 10:51 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I can't disagree with anything you stated here. I was being aspirational in what I would want a farewell setlist to look like, but unless his voice were to magically improve he would need to rely on some type of autotune technology or just lip sync to actually get through this or any setlist. I think in 2018 a setlist like this wouldn't have been out of the question, but the vocals have deteriorated to the point where it is very much a question if we'll see another tour. No doubt the '22 leg was him testing the waters and he failed the test, just sucks to think that the last tour ever would be a handful of horribly received shows in middle America.

As for the 50 shows number, I guess it doesn't matter if he plays 5 shows or 50, he'll sound similar at all of them. If it were billed as an actual farewell tour though 50 shows over 5 continents would at least keep the demand high while ensuring that most fans who are interested have the chance to see them one more time. My point was mostly that I wouldn't want it to be a 5+ year, 300+ show money grab similar to what Elton John is doing.

Last edited by superkid; 01-23-2023 at 10:54 PM..
Old 01-24-2023, 01:32 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan2021 View Post
This has to be the most negative reply I have ever seen. Congratulations
Haha you really haven't been here long, have you?
It was more realistic than some users like to accept though.

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2023, 02:01 PM
Something for the Posts

People need to chill out...It's just a bit of fun isn't it? No one really knows if there is or isn't going to be a tour, a reunion, a farewell or anything at the mo. There isn't any harm in it. Aside from Richie dressing up as a potato there isn't really much else in the Bon Jovi world to look forward to at the moment!
Old 01-24-2023, 02:43 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
What's the point of another tour when it'll be one letdown after the other?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Money, obviously. Although maybe that will not even be enough anymore because Jon will need to choose between making a fool of himself (this time with the media attention) on a global level or making tens of millions of dollars.
Old 01-24-2023, 05:38 PM
Next 100 Posts

They could do pop-up performances in cities all around the world.
Making it look like a spontaneous, improvised happening, where perfection is not the goal. Just having fun.
5 to 7 songs, sharing vocals, letting the audience sing.

Maybe this could even work.
Old 01-24-2023, 06:22 PM
These Days

As it is now, it’s lip-synced vocals or nothing which I guess opens the possibility for pretty much any song.
But personally I hope Bon Jovi the live band is done and I sincerely hope Richie stays away from Bon Jovi, if it’s not just for writing a few songs or for some box project. Richie was lucky enough to leave the band just prior to Jon’s vocals going south and the 2022 tour is the worst I’ve ever heard a professional lead singer sound. I hope Richie chooses to keep hos dignity and legacy as a member of Bon Jovi when they truly were the greatest thing, but I’m afraid the financial offer that will be given to Richie for a return might beat morale.

Just to note - I think Richie’s live performances the last like six-seven years has been a mess as well. But that’s more a lack of rehearaing, not a clear vision and Richie’s none-successfull attempt at being a frontman, a jam-musician and ex-Bon Jovi guitarist at the same time. But he still has the quality in him. For Jon it’s over.
Old 01-24-2023, 06:51 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
Money, obviously. Although maybe that will not even be enough anymore because Jon will need to choose between making a fool of himself (this time with the media attention) on a global level or making tens of millions of dollars.
Axl Rose sounds terrible in a different way and just continues on.

Last edited by Rdkopper; 01-25-2023 at 01:07 AM..
Old 01-24-2023, 08:18 PM
Jovi Addict

Seb nailed it though haha ... Setlist ... Nah I dont think I'd care (At this point nothing sounds good) but I'd always pictured it with "Never Say Goodbye" ... Fin haha