Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Def Leppard vs. Bon Jovi

Other Bands

Old 11-08-2007, 02:01 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via AIM to Bongo VII Send a message via MSN to Bongo VII

Well, yeah, but Lepp have songs on Euphoria that are equally good, if not better. Hell, there are better songs that didn't even make Crush. It's not strictly a quality thing, it was a right place/right time/right song deal.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:57 AM
Blaze of Posting

Right prmotion aswell, let's not forget tha tJon knows how to sell a record, while with Def Leppard, promotion was handled strictly by management and label until recently.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo VII View Post
Well, yeah, but Lepp have songs on Euphoria that are equally good, if not better. Hell, there are better songs that didn't even make Crush. It's not strictly a quality thing, it was a right place/right time/right song deal.
Oh yeah, I'm just saying that its a combo type of thing.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Jovi FANatic

EUphoria was a Way better album than Crush - unfortunately it wasnt a big seller. BJs advantage is Jons "pretty boy" image which is still working. Joe Elliott aint that pretty. Me I dont give a f*** I just rate the Leps higher than BJ. And they won't release crap next year as BJ has done this year!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:57 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_to_run View Post
EUphoria was a Way better album than Crush - unfortunately it wasnt a big seller. BJs advantage is Jons "pretty boy" image which is still working. Joe Elliott aint that pretty. Me I dont give a f*** I just rate the Leps higher than BJ. And they won't release crap next year as BJ has done this year!
Without being quite so harsh, I kind of agree.

Though many think Def Leppard's next record will be "half-assed" as apposed to their other albums and where the band stands these days, I'm sure I'll enjoy it WAY more than any of Bon jovi's recent releases.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Livin' on a Post

Send a message via MSN to BonJovi1988-1992Mark

Like the majority here.Im really unhappy with Bon Jovi and the exta band members!They've managed as 5 for years.

Watching clips of the LH tour on youtube,Destroying songs with added violin parts here and there,And the T.L.F.R(crap)versions of Blaze,BOR,IBTFY.

Compared to Def Leppard's 07 tour Bon Jovi should be ashamed!

The Leppard boys are slighty older.

But was really impressed with the clips i saw of them:
(Seen really good versions of PSSOM,Armageddon It,Photograph,)

Running around the stage like the 80s/90s,Songs still sound rocking,Joe dosent avoid the high parts of songs.

Going to see Bryan Adams on the 29/10/08 @ Sheff Arena.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:27 AM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonJovi1988-1992Mark View Post
Like the majority here.Im really unhappy with Bon Jovi and the exta band members!They've managed as 5 for years.

Watching clips of the LH tour on youtube,Destroying songs with added violin parts here and there,And the T.L.F.R(crap)versions of Blaze,BOR,IBTFY.

Compared to Def Leppard's 07 tour Bon Jovi should be ashamed!

The Leppard boys are slighty older.

But was really impressed with the clips i saw of them:
(Seen really good versions of PSSOM,Armageddon It,Photograph,)

Running around the stage like the 80s/90s,Songs still sound rocking,Joe dosent avoid the high parts of songs.
Yea, the age/energy thing really bugs me. Bon Jovi are slightly younger, are in perhaps "better" shape than Leppard, generally, and yet they barely move throughout the show. Leppard, whilst still looking good for their age, maybe have seen better days shall we say, but when I saw them in June last year, you could barely keep them still. They were like puppies let loose, just like the early days. And Joes voice is perfectly fine for me. Still gives it his all and doesn't slacken for one minute.

If I were to ever rate Def Leppard over Bon Jovi for only one thing today, it would be their live shows.

Follow me on Twitter

Bon Jovi Concerts:
Old 12-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by david2k86 View Post
Yea, the age/energy thing really bugs me. Bon Jovi are slightly younger, are in perhaps "better" shape than Leppard, generally, and yet they barely move throughout the show. Leppard, whilst still looking good for their age, maybe have seen better days shall we say, but when I saw them in June last year, you could barely keep them still. They were like puppies let loose, just like the early days. And Joes voice is perfectly fine for me. Still gives it his all and doesn't slacken for one minute.
Nah, they are not older. Joe Eliott is older than Jon Bon but otherwise, they are of very similar age.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon View Post
Nah, they are not older. Joe Eliott is older than Jon Bon but otherwise, they are of very similar age.
LOL, thats probably true, it's mainly Joe and Jon who's ages I compare the most. Still, my argeument is still valid, Leppard have much more energy and stage presence than Bon Jovi and they're both roughly the same age.

Follow me on Twitter

Bon Jovi Concerts:
Old 12-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by david2k86 View Post

If I were to ever rate Def Leppard over Bon Jovi for only one thing today, it would be their live shows.
I would have to completely disagree with that. Joe's voice was pretty much in horrible shape when i saw them. I enjoyed their concert when i saw them with Bryan Adams simply because they played alot of my fave songs, (Action, Woman, etc.) But in terms of energy they are nowhere near Bon Jovi. Joe was not running around the stage. Yeay Viv and Phil were rocking out hard as was Sav but Joe, not so much. Maybe Joe doesn't avoid the high parts of their songs but he doesn't exactly hit them. They were way off key. I bought a bootleg CD of theirs from a show in California from their 2004 tour and it is PAINFUL to listen to Joe he sounds so bad, out of breath, and off key. And i am fan of theirs so it is sad for me to say that.
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3

Tags
bon jovi, def leppard