What's Rang 6?

It's probably all I could afford after all the Jacko Gigs

Old 03-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via MSN to Kev Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

A song like Right Side Of Wrong has nothing to do with Bon Jovi not being played on the radio, that's a ridiculous argument.

A radio plays singles and all of U2's latest singles have been as safe as it gets. None of their songs, apart from Elevation, rocked as hard as a song like One Wild Night or Have A Nice Day does. When Bon Jovi released the song Have A Nice Day they knew it wouldn't be played at AC Radio stations. When U2 releases a single it needs to be played on every single radio station on the planet and they cut off the balls of everything they release. They're supposed to be a rock band, not some wishy washy dance influenced pop band. They're everywhere, and not because they're thát good, but because they have become an easy listening act, good for elevators and supermarkets, bad for rock radio.

Further on, the rest of your post doesn't make that much sense either and hometownboy pretty much explained why. But if you feel that U2 are worth 150E be my guest, go spend your money, but keep in mind that for 150E you could visit 2 Bon Jovi shows on the Lost highway tour. And you didn't get to hear Lost Highway at the beginning and at the end of the show either.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I would rather pay 150E to hear vertigo twice then pay anything to hear lost highway at all! U2 may have been influenced by dance, they are a band that are constantly moving in a different direction, the one thing U2 are not turning into is a tribute band to themselves, thats what bon jovi are turning into! Bon Jovi were influenced by country, no different to U2 been influenced for dance. I certainly don't think one wild night is anywhere near being a hard-ass rock song!

the stage is a 360 degree stage, it is not "in the round" as it were, ie, in the middle of the stadium, it is still based at one end.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Jovi Freak

Seb speaks the truth. Forget the best of the 80s and 90s albums--all you need is the best of the 80s album and dowload the other few good songs from the 90s and the 00s and you have your 15 give or take.

I find U2 to be over-rated especially as musicians. I am dumb founded how critics and people that call themselves music fans can think the Edge is some great guitarist. I am also ****in' sick and tired of Bono preaching to people all the time when he has his own faults. The last thing I want to do is go to a concert just to be preached at. I can turn on the TV and be preached at for a whole lot less money.

Last edited by RSROCKS; 03-09-2009 at 09:26 PM..
Old 03-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Dry County

U2 everywhere???Really??? I hardly even hear U2 here on the radio and this is after constantly changing the stations...For that matter I have never heard U2 at a supermarket, but I have heard Bruce Springsteen a couple of times. Hardly any recent U2 stuff gets palyed here, it's all their old stuff. Now their ticket prices are actually decent with 85% being priced under 95 dollars... However I agree that this band gets more credit than they deserve. I say just pick up Achtung Baby and call it a day, no but I' am fan of the band...I think there new album is great.

As far as the Edge, I think he's a pretty decent guitar player, but with Rolling Stones mag putting out a list with Edge before Eddie Van Halen for the greatest guitarist ever, now thats ridiculous. I'm not just talking a few spots, I'm talking about Edge at #24 and Eddie at #70, thats a whole 46 spots...WTF!!!!

Now Tom said "Mom, wherever there's a cop beatin' a guy
Wherever a hungry newborn baby cries
Where there's a fight 'gainst the blood and hatred in the air
Look for me Mom I'll be there
Wherever there's somebody fightin' for a place to stand
Or decent job or a helpin' hand
Wherever somebody's strugglin' to be free
Look in their eyes Mom you'll see me."
Old 03-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via MSN to JerseyboyUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippery89 View Post
As far as the Edge, I think he's a pretty decent guitar player, but with Rolling Stones mag putting out a list with Edge before Eddie Van Halen for the greatest guitarist ever, now thats ridiculous. I'm not just talking a few spots, I'm talking about Edge at #24 and Eddie at #70, thats a whole 46 spots...WTF!!!!
Pretty much agree with you.
I think people have to bear in mind that when the Edge and U2 came about, Edge's style was pretty unique. Think about what rock music was all about in the early to mid-eighties (big hair, powerchords, guitar solos), then the Edge crops up and pretty much flat-out refuses to play power chords.
I can appreciate what the Edge did in them days, breaking the 'rule book' ever so slightly. But i still wouldn't list him as an exceptional player.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Last Man Standing

Thumbs up

Wooohooo U2 are coming to Yorkshire! Im a pretty casual fan but I thought they were awesome at Live 8 and on the Vertigo tour. To give them credit they put alot of the ticket money back into the shows too. I wouldnt even start comparing them to BJ, the shows are completely different. The only thing I could live without is Bonos preaching but then again it is Bono.

If you dont want GC, I dont think the prices are too bad. I paid £65 4 years ago, if I pay less than that again i'll be happy.

So thats Oasis, Bruce and U2 this summer
Old 03-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi

saw them a few years ago and the it's genuinely the bigget waste of money i've ever spent on a show.

total uninspired pap. if i'd been sober i doubt i'd even have stayed till the end of the show.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:45 PM
Last Man Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi View Post
saw them a few years ago and the it's genuinely the bigget waste of money i've ever spent on a show.

total uninspired pap. if i'd been sober i doubt i'd even have stayed till the end of the show.
I can't believe we went to the same tour. The versions of With or without you, Pride, One, Sometimes you cant make it and even Vertigox2 were mindblowing in Manchester.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotica80 View Post
I can't believe we went to the same tour. The versions of With or without you, Pride, One, Sometimes you cant make it and even Vertigox2 were mindblowing in Manchester.
Bono's voice was much better on the vertigo tour than the elevation tour.

Now Tom said "Mom, wherever there's a cop beatin' a guy
Wherever a hungry newborn baby cries
Where there's a fight 'gainst the blood and hatred in the air
Look for me Mom I'll be there
Wherever there's somebody fightin' for a place to stand
Or decent job or a helpin' hand
Wherever somebody's strugglin' to be free
Look in their eyes Mom you'll see me."
Old 03-09-2009, 11:43 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev Bee View Post
I would rather pay 150E to hear vertigo twice then pay anything to hear lost highway at all!
Sure. As if songs like Any Other Day, Lost Highway and Whole Lot Of Leavin' are that terrible.

Quote:
U2 may have been influenced by dance, they are a band that are constantly moving in a different direction, the one thing U2 are not turning into is a tribute band to themselves, thats what bon jovi are turning into!
U2 aren't evolving or moving into a different direction. They've been recreating the same stuff for over 10 years, and if evolving means making shit records like they did in the nineties I'd rather have them staying the same. The average fan wishes U2 would play their 1980-1992 stuff non stop and doesn't care about the later stuff, yet the average Bon Jovi fan wants to hear It's My Life in concert. Yet I've never heard anyone say "I hope they're playing Beautiful Day!". As soon as U2 starts to experiment the results are crap, so most average fans rather have U2 being a tribute band than do what they're doing nowadays.

Nothing good has come from their dance influenced stuff apart from Mysterious Ways and nobody would mind if U2 would skip their entire nineties period on their setlists. Now compare that to Bon Jovi, where fans demand stuff from 2 decades and even hope for stuff from the more mediocre post 2000 stuff. So when it comes to evolution; There are bigger differences in between Crush and Have A Nice Day as there are between ATYCLB and U2's latest effort of creating something decent. The very fact that U2 had the guts to release something as appaling as Get On Your Boots pretty much shows that Bon Jovi knows where evolution stops.

Quote:
I certainly don't think one wild night is anywhere near being a hard-ass rock song!
One Wild Night is as much of a rock song as Bad Name is, yet none of U2's efforts over the past 15 years have rocked as hard as their eighties stuff.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Tags
u2 band