Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bon Jovi Tour Archive

Tour Discussion

Old 08-05-2019, 12:57 PM
Keep the Faith

Default Bon Jovi Tour Archive

Hey everybody,

I guess most of us know Seb's bonjovi-archive with lots of information about all the different albums and especially tours.
When I became a fan 16 years ago, once I discovered his website it quickly became my website-to-go where I pretty much sucked up all the information I could get and what became the basis for all the knowledge I would gain about the band the years to come.

I think it was a server crash or something that destroyed parts of the database a couple of years ago and threw him back right after Richie's Undiscovered Soul run in 1998.

So I thought there needs to be a new site that contains information about the tours post 1998 as well.
In 2015 bonjovi90 and I started our own Bon Jovi touring website. Since Seb's website still is an awesome collection of information from the early tours onwards we decided to go the other way round. We started with the latest tours and make our way back to the beginnings.
Our signature here has the link already for a couple of months. But I guess now it's about time for a bigger shoutout.
Yesterday we put the Have A Nice Day tour online, so the timeframe from 2005 - 2019 is covered. This should be a lot of information for a first visit ;- )
And we're not gonna stop now - the rest will be added continuously (but it's a lot of work, so don't expect daily updates ;- )).

So for all of you who like to go back in time and to refresh some lovely memories, check out our website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/

Feedback is always welcome - here, in our guestbook or via direct message. No matter if its critic, correction, additional information or just some kind words.

We hope you enjoy and have fun with this website - we surely have!

Rock on!

Old 08-05-2019, 02:02 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
Hey everybody,

I guess most of us know Seb's bonjovi-archive with lots of information about all the different albums and especially tours.
When I became a fan 16 years ago, once I discovered his website it quickly became my website-to-go where I pretty much sucked up all the information I could get and what became the basis for all the knowledge I would gain about the band the years to come.

I think it was a server crash or something that destroyed parts of the database a couple of years ago and threw him back right after Richie's Undiscovered Soul run in 1998.

So I thought there needs to be a new site that contains information about the tours post 1998 as well.
In 2015 bonjovi90 and I started our own Bon Jovi touring website. Since Seb's website still is an awesome collection of information from the early tours onwards we decided to go the other way round. We started with the latest tours and make our way back to the beginnings.
Our signature here has the link already for a couple of months. But I guess now it's about time for a bigger shoutout.
Yesterday we put the Have A Nice Day tour online, so the timeframe from 2005 - 2019 is covered. This should be a lot of information for a first visit ;- )
And we're not gonna stop now - the rest will be added continuously (but it's a lot of work, so don't expect daily updates ;- )).

So for all of you who like to go back in time and to refresh some lovely memories, check out our website: https://bjtours.jimdo.com/

Feedback is always welcome - here, in our guestbook or via direct message. No matter if its critic, correction, additional information or just some kind words.

We hope you enjoy and have fun with this website - we surely have!

Rock on!
Sounds like a really cool idea, I'm assuming you're going to add in future tours too? Even if there's not much variation these days in the sets.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:27 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_d View Post
Sounds like a really cool idea, I'm assuming you're going to add in future tours too? Even if there's not much variation these days in the sets.
Yep, that won't be too hard to do. Adding current tours mostly is copy/paste in terms of setlist, so it's not that much work for us
Old 08-05-2019, 02:53 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Yep, that won't be too hard to do. Adding current tours mostly is copy/paste in terms of setlist, so it's not that much work for us
Cool, it will be nice not relying on setlist.fm anymore
Old 08-05-2019, 03:18 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
No, I did a site overhaul but then I graduated, started travelling a lot and the site was no longer a priority of mine. There's other finished parts that just aren't online though, the Crush section is 50% finished and I do still work on it every now and then. It'll take me a long, long time before I'm up to date though. Oddly enough setlist.fm is what motivates me most to finish it eventually as that site is just full of errors.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 08-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Keep the Faith

Ahh, alright. Too bad you never found the motivation to bring it all back again.
But I hear you, it's an awful lot of work if you want to get it right (and not end like setlist.fm).
Old 08-05-2019, 06:19 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Ahh, alright. Too bad you never found the motivation to bring it all back again.
But I hear you, it's an awful lot of work if you want to get it right (and not end like setlist.fm).
The setlists aren't the biggest issue as I've still got that information on my hard drive. It's the discography that's a bitch. There's just so many different editions of Crush it's insane. One has a bonus disc, the other has a bonus disc but has 14 tracks, then there's the re-releases from Japan, weird packaging in Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia etc. The list is endless. And that's just the album, I've still got to do all the singles.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 08-05-2019, 09:39 PM
Jovi Freak

That’s a lot of work; I took a quick look and Yep, I also consider We Don’t Run from Burning Bridges. Congratulations!!

And I agree About setlist.fm whatever, nothing beats the people who actually went to the concerts and have the setlists on excel and all that stuff... Ha!.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:47 PM
Posting everyday

The Bounce section with lots of interesting trivia has just been added:
https://bjtours.jimdo.com/the-albums/2002-bounce/

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2019, 02:59 PM
Suddenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
The Bounce section with lots of interesting trivia has just been added:
https://bjtours.jimdo.com/the-albums/2002-bounce/

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk
How cool, thank you! I've visited the site quite often in the last few months, especially after the tour. And I found myself reminiscing about the good old times quite a lot ... always puts a smile on my face....