Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

regarding the closed old tracks thread & Milomom

General BJ Discussion

Old 08-04-2010, 12:45 AM
Suddenly

Default regarding the closed old tracks thread & Milomom

Hi everyone,

I believe Terri may have misread my request for advice regarding old tracks that I was looking for. Just wanted to make it clear, I wasn't looking to have someone send them to me. I've read the file sharing policy and I specifically requested advice on where to find these tracks I've been looking for. Yes, I did look on Ebay and only found 2 of the tracks. I'd prefer them digitally because I would like to own them sooner than later and it would be much cheaper. Also, in case you didn't know, many of the digital retailers sell digital tracks in different bit rates. Some are 128, some are 192, some are 256, some are 320. I'm very into sound quality and that's why I'd like high quality digital tracks.

Sorry if my request was read the wrong way. I was just looking for some help in locating the music I was looking for from some fellow fans who may have a better idea on where I should be looking.

-Brian

Old 08-04-2010, 01:50 AM
Disillusioned Diehard
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by run362 View Post
Hi everyone,

I believe Terri may have misread my request for advice regarding old tracks that I was looking for. Just wanted to make it clear, I wasn't looking to have someone send them to me. I've read the file sharing policy and I specifically requested advice on where to find these tracks I've been looking for. Yes, I did look on Ebay and only found 2 of the tracks. I'd prefer them digitally because I would like to own them sooner than later and it would be much cheaper. Also, in case you didn't know, many of the digital retailers sell digital tracks in different bit rates. Some are 128, some are 192, some are 256, some are 320. I'm very into sound quality and that's why I'd like high quality digital tracks.

Sorry if my request was read the wrong way. I was just looking for some help in locating the music I was looking for from some fellow fans who may have a better idea on where I should be looking.

-Brian
Thanks for the clarification, Brian. Sorry that I jumped to the wrong conclusion. I could be wrong (and if I am, I hope someone posts the correct info), but I don't think those old bonus tracks have been released for sale digitally, so the old CD singles really are the best bet. I only became a fan a few years ago, and I built a large single collection via eBay. I know I got all of those tracks that way. A lot of sellers don't know that they should list all of the tracks individually, so just searching the name of the song you want may not pull up a single that would include it. You might try using this site - http://homepage.mac.com/sambora/test...20gallery.html - to find out which singles you need and then search for the name of the song that was actually released. I had to write to a lot of sellers to find out about the catalog numbers or the track list to make sure that I was buying the right singles. Especially for the timeframe you're interested in, Jovi released so many different versions of the singles that it's difficult to identify the right ones. It may take awhile, but I'm sure you'll be able to find the singles you need via eBay. Of course, if you're like me, it will cost you a small fortune, because you'll also find a whole bunch of other Jovi stuff that you just HAVE to have!

Again, sorry I misjudged, and best of luck.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:11 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

You're saying you're very much into sound quality, but wouldn't that mean you'd rather want FLAC files instead of MP3's? I know they're on import CD singles and some might be a little more expensive, but as there is no place where you can download them it's the only way to go.

The cheapest way to get the tracks you want is;

House Of The Rising Sun (Live)
CX 21 578 261-2 Hey God UK CD Maxi Single

Helter Skelter (Live)
CX 20 852 747-2 These Days UK CD Maxi Single

I Believe (Clearmountain Mix)
862 677-2 I Believe Europe CD Maxi Single

Going Back (Live)
878 523-2 Miracle Europe CD Maxi Single

Love Is War
PHCR-8031 Living In Sin Japan CD Maxi Single

Borderline
PHCR-8027 Borderline Japan CD Maxi Single

This all will cost you roughly 60 dollars if you manage do get good deals on them, and it'll give you a few other gems like Born To Be My Baby acoustic and These Days live from Johannesberg 1995. Hope this helps, good luck.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 08-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Suddenly

Thanks everyone for the help.

Yes, in a perfect world I'd like flac but none of the digital music services sell tracks in flac. The highest quality is 320 kbps and most digital music companies don't even sell at that bit rate. Amazon and iTunes sell their tracks at 256 kbps. Again, my reasons for buying digital are for the speed in which I could get the tracks and the price. Spending over $60 for 6 songs is a bit difficult financially for me right now.

-Brian
Old 08-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by run362 View Post
Thanks everyone for the help.

Yes, in a perfect world I'd like flac but none of the digital music services sell tracks in flac. The highest quality is 320 kbps and most digital music companies don't even sell at that bit rate. Amazon and iTunes sell their tracks at 256 kbps. Again, my reasons for buying digital are for the speed in which I could get the tracks and the price. Spending over $60 for 6 songs is a bit difficult financially for me right now.

-Brian
Try http://www.mattscdsingles.com/ they have lots of Bon Jovi Singles
Also eil.com has singles but the Cds there are little bit expensive
Other than that ebay or Craigs List

Last edited by tigrs99; 08-06-2010 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: Spelling