Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Def Leppard and Whtesnake tour!

Other Bands

Old 06-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
C'mon C'mon and MLLAM were two great tracks few weeks ago. They work really well live.

Ice
Really? MLLAM is pretty good live, I guess I'd like it to be replaced because there are much better old songs that can be played. But Cmon Cmon???

Old 06-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Something for the Posts

Hmmm, 16 songs in a DL setlist.

They have to play the following hits: Rocket, Animal, PSSOM, Hysteria, Armageddon It, Photograph, Rock Of Ages. That's 7 songs.

Then they have to play 3 new songs (good amount for 16 song setlist, if it's 20 song setlist, play 4, if it's 24 or more song setlist, play 5). That's 10 songs already.

So they have 6 more songs and they have the following albums to represent:
1. OTTN
2. HnD
3. Adrenalize
4. Retroactive
5. Slang
6. Euphoria
7. X
8. Yeah

That's pretty tough to choose. I'd pick the following songs if I were the band I'd pick the following:

1. OTTN - Rock Brigade
2. HnD - Another Hit And Run (I'd alternate this with Let It Go)
3. Adrenalize - Let's Get Rocked
4. Retroactive - Two Steps Behind (I'd flip flop this one with WLAHC)
5. Slang - N/A
6. Euphoria - Promises
7. X - N/A
8. Yeah - Rock On (I really think this song is gay but apparently a lot of people like their version, so whatever).
Old 06-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

I like their Rock On. Hell, I like a good part of the covers album anyway!
Old 06-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

A mate of mine went last night to the Brum gig, said Whitesnake were the better band.
But I don't care which band is on first, they are both gonna rock my f*cking world on Monday!!!

Last edited by Bonjovifan; 06-20-2008 at 10:43 AM..
Old 06-20-2008, 04:20 AM
Jovi Addict

Send a message via AIM to JJx23

Actually C'mon C'mon is a great song. It's now being playing on the radio- and I have heard it live. Nine Lives was obviously Lep's first hit off of SFTSL, but I figured their next one would either be C'mon C'mon or Love.

Elliot's voice is so unpredictable night after night that you never know what it will sound like. Def Leppard is known for their harmonies and their ballads, however many people will say that Joe Elliot really isn't that great of a singer. He has a unique rock voice that's very raspy and there really isn't that much tune in his voice. There are times however where Joe surprises us all with great renditions of certain songs that he might have bombed the night or month before.

At Arrow rock, Joe sounded terrible. For instance - - this is a professional band singing? Actually.. I shouldn't say band because the backgrounds vocals sound pretty good, just Elliot's voice sounds like crap here.

Overall I really like Def Leppard. They are one of my favorite bands of all-time, so it's obviously not easy criticizing them, but either Elliot has never has voice lessons or his "trying" high pitched singing over the years have taken a toll on his voice.

Here is a video of C'mon C'mon and even though- again.. Joe doesn't sound that great, it's not a bad performance at all. - this is at Arrow Rock.

Regards,

Jason F.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:38 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsausage II View Post
I like their Rock On. Hell, I like a good part of the covers album anyway!
I like some of the songs in the covers album like 20th Century Boy, Hellraiser, Waterloo Sunset, Golden Age Of RnR (the best song in the album), the 2 acoustic bonus tracks (winter song and when i'm dead and gone), No Matter What and Stay With Me. I find the rest weak.

The Walmart bonus EP is pretty good though, the only weak song in that is "Heartbeat". The other 4 songs are good.

The only one I haven't heard is the Itunes bonus track.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Went to the gig lastnight, and it was freakin superb!! Missed black Stone Cherry so i cant comment. Whitesnake were great, David Coverdale did a lot of this pointing the mic out the audience stuff, dont know if that was because he cant sing or wanted audience interaction. Anyway, they sounded in fine fettle, DC is a great frontman and I found some of the comments he made in his posh english accent rather funny. Reb Beach and Doug Aldrich certainly had plenty of oppertunity to show off their talents, they are pretty amazing it must be said, especially Aldrich.

However, it was noticable what most folks were there for when the lights went out for DLs enterence. The place went ****in nuts and the opened with Rocket. The atmosphere picked up by 1000% for the whole show. Most who had the option during WS sat down, not many were sat for DL! I went to the gig thinking Joe's voice would be an embarrassment from what people had been saying. However, I thought it was great, and the band i think were truely surprised and takin aback by the reaction they got from the highly energetic crowd. Highlights for me: Rocket, Animal, Love & Hate, Bad Actress, Sugar. Really rockin' gig. Simply cant wait for the next time.

What made the night even more special was my GFs experience. When i got the tix she wasnt a big DL fan, but in the past 4 months she has listened to all their albums non-stop and has grown to love them. So, she joined event-sec with one main goal, to get to see the gig as it has been sold out for a while. Well, she didnt see the gig, but heard it, because she was working backstage!!! Her flippin job was to stand just behind the stage and shine a torch for the rock stars as they came on and off the stage. What a job! She was stood by all the guitars. She saw DL rehersing 2 steps behind before they went on. She met all the stars of the show lastnight, and had a conversation with Rick Allen, Viv Campbell and Rick Savage about the weather (which was horrific)!!lol. She said they were so down to earth. They all gave her a wee hug and Viv gave her a personalised DL guitar pic and signed it...a pic which I am now in possession of!! Whooohooo!! Its also nice to know that the Leps still get a big kick from playin live. She said when they came off stage after the show they were like little kids jumping around because of the excitment running through their veins!! Its all so flippin cool!! Im so jealous, but i cant really complain. I got my socks rocked off, and got a signed pic from the hometown boy, Viv!! What a night!!

Ali.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Can I borrow your girlfriend? Just for a while.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Runaway

10 hours and counting ...

We'll be heading inside at 5pm to eat in the bar
Plus get to drink the first pint or two from real glasses !!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Tokyo Road

Woooo, tonight bitches! Time to begin what will be a top weekend!

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!

Tags
def leppard, whitesnake