Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Official July 19 Wörthersee Stadion, Klagenfurt, Austria Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 07-23-2019, 10:03 PM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith1985 View Post
I dont know if the prices are justifed by the lightshow, stage and promotion, But apart from Klagenfurt and or maybe the Always performance at Wembley and maybe a few more, Jon did not go the extra mile at all (If he celebrates himself for being a legend)the core is missing.
Yes, Jon might have been a good front man and most people would say so but for me and many other older fans it was never about the posing on stage or the performance as a frontman (not as a first priority anyway) but about what bonjovi90 put it in his review.
Jon had something about him that made him special. He and Richie could create magic if they were up for it. Some songs would just blow you away (I just watched Barcelona 2011 to reboot my memory) and these moments made Bon Jovi a unique live act. These Days, Jon is not hungry anymore. He seemed getting a bit of it back at wembley and maybe at your show but in the end I have to admit to myself that it wont ge any better anymore. I mean look at the setlists. Even in 2013 they were throwing in some rarities.

But if you put away the fancy stuff it just does not have any substance anymore
Have seen the band live since 1993 - I am still amazed by Jon's performance and I am sure he's giving all he has every night. But, he has to deal with physical limitations that just can't be ignored anymore.

Does it take away some of the magic? Yes it does cause surprises stayed out. No 'long' or 'epic' shows. No killer versions of songs etc.
But as I said many times over on this board: I would be very unhappy if I saw a band performing at 85% of their capabilities but for me, Jon went a 100% at most shows ( I went to 4 myself). Does it mean it's all good? No. But, as with everything - I rather see someone performing a bit less when clearly you can tell the person is giving his all as opposed to a flawless performance by a performer who's holding back.

I am not sure what the live-future of the band holds but I feel said to say that the end of Bon Jovi's touring career might even be sooner than that of the Rolling Stones.

Let me be clear - there is nothing more that I want for Bon Jovi to still be touring arena's and stadiums all over the world until the day Jon 75 years old, but I just might not happen.

Jon always told us himself that he will never be 'the fat Elvis' - meaning that if he can't perform at the level he's used to, he will put and end to it.

All will depend on what miracles can be done for his voice.

Last edited by Elvistico; 07-23-2019 at 10:08 PM..

Old 07-24-2019, 12:36 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsambo View Post
Bon Jovi - It's my life & Knockout (Live in Klagenfurt, Austria, 19.07.2019.)

Bon Jovi - It's my life & Knockout (Live in Klagenfurt, Austria, 19.07.2019.) - YouTube
I like the extended outro to knockout, much like THINFS and GBTM it makes me wish they would open up more in the studio rather than creating 3 minute radio friendly fodder.

Surprised that THINFS wasn't represented more on this leg, most are easier for Jon to sing live.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:40 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvistico View Post
Have seen the band live since 1993 - I am still amazed by Jon's performance and I am sure he's giving all he has every night. But, he has to deal with physical limitations that just can't be ignored anymore.

Does it take away some of the magic? Yes it does cause surprises stayed out. No 'long' or 'epic' shows. No killer versions of songs etc.
But as I said many times over on this board: I would be very unhappy if I saw a band performing at 85% of their capabilities but for me, Jon went a 100% at most shows ( I went to 4 myself). Does it mean it's all good? No. But, as with everything - I rather see someone performing a bit less when clearly you can tell the person is giving his all as opposed to a flawless performance by a performer who's holding back.

I am not sure what the live-future of the band holds but I feel said to say that the end of Bon Jovi's touring career might even be sooner than that of the Rolling Stones.

Let me be clear - there is nothing more that I want for Bon Jovi to still be touring arena's and stadiums all over the world until the day Jon 75 years old, but I just might not happen.

Jon always told us himself that he will never be 'the fat Elvis' - meaning that if he can't perform at the level he's used to, he will put and end to it.

All will depend on what miracles can be done for his voice.
The comment about the stones is spot on. I saw them in 1999 when people were telling me they were old and past it... WRONG, they were brilliant. I saw them again last year, a couple of songs played slower but they still sounded brilliant and played for the same length of time, 2 hours. They haven't lost much in 20 years, on the other hand Bon Jovi have lost so much in 8...
Old 07-24-2019, 09:55 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsambo View Post
Bon Jovi - It's my life & Knockout (Live in Klagenfurt, Austria, 19.07.2019.)

That's a brilliant outro to Knockout

Just like Hackster73, I've always wondered why the band don't do similar in the studio.

I get that it takes the surprise factor away when they do add it to live shows but obviously, it doesn't have to be every song.

The Distance
Always
Knockout
THINFS
God Bless This Mess
That's What The Water Made Me
Loves The Only Rule
Born Again Tomorrow

Just to name a few have all good absolutely brilliant outros when they're played live and add more to the song. I hate Knockout but that last minute made it so much better.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 07-24-2019, 11:03 AM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post

Just like Hackster73, I've always wondered why the band don't do similar in the studio.

I get that it takes the surprise factor away when they do add it to live shows but obviously, it doesn't have to be every song.

The Distance
Always
Knockout
THINFS
God Bless This Mess
Loves The Only Rule
Born Again Tomorrow

Just to name a few have all good absolutely brilliant outros when they're played live and add more to the song. I hate Knockout but that last minute made it so much better.

spot on with this, it's the over produced studio versions that take the rock out of the band.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:28 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post

The Distance
Always
Knockout
THINFS
God Bless This Mess
Loves The Only Rule
Born Again Tomorrow

Also Thorn In My Side (Jon and Richie guitar jam). They should have played that more on The Circle Tour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2019, 05:50 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmorgs View Post
Also Thorn In My Side (Jon and Richie guitar jam). They should have played that more on The Circle Tour.

Yeah I really liked that and was fortunate to see it at the O2.

It had a Thin Lizzy vibe to it.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:55 PM
Jovi Freak

Uyyyy I went to the Madison Square Garden 1983 show. And I loved it!
Old 07-25-2019, 09:55 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
Uyyyy I went to the Madison Square Garden 1983 show. And I loved it!

They filled that before an album was released. Impressive!

Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 07-25-2019, 10:25 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
They filled that before an album was released. Impressive!
Not quite - they support for Kiss.