Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

an album so soon: is the band looking forward to touring?

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 11-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Livin' on a Post

Default an album so soon: is the band looking forward to touring?

I read on bonjovi.com that they didn't write 40 to 60 songs for the new album. They just wrote a couple of songs and they all made it on this new album. The even put LMS on it as well.
Do you think Bon Jovi is looking forward to a new tour as much as we do? Do you think they missed it and just wanted to get an album finished so they could tour again?
It's strange that they settle for these songs, if you consider that before crush they had already finished an album (they had enough songs) but the continued writing and in the end the had a completely different tracklist.
curious what you think...

(by the way: I don't think the album won't be up to the bon jovi-standard, but this was a thought crossing through my mind and I wanted to share. )

Old 11-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Friends will be friends
Bounce

They had enough tracks from Crush to release a double album, and certainly there were trakcs cut which ended up as B-sides for singles and such that were as good as some of the album tracks. With Crush though they had a lot of time to write songs and plenty of time to record and work on selecting the tracklisting etc, with the new album though they've had the boxset to work on too and such.

Perhaps they just wrote a dozen songs and thought they were good enough for the album so didn't bother writing any more.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
(by the way: I don't think the album won't be up to the bon jovi-standard, but this was a thought crossing through my mind and I wanted to share. )
whoa!!
That's awfully early.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier
Quote:
whoa!!
That's awfully early.
haha.. like I said. just a thought going through my mind. no judgements. just wondering. and wanted to share the thought.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:56 PM
Posting Always

Maybe they weren't interested in putting some real work into the album & wrote only as much as necessary to fill an album, without considering the quality. And added LMS knowing it is quite liked among the fans.

Old 11-03-2004, 12:21 AM
It's my post

maybe they just used the songs that they didn't use on crush and bounce .
Old 11-03-2004, 12:30 AM
Wild*Angel
Price of posting

Send a message via MSN to Rakel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly_queen_from_mars
maybe they just used the songs that they didn't use on crush and bounce .
thats a VERY scary thought actually
Old 11-03-2004, 12:58 AM
Blaze of Posting

In interviews as early as march there were reports from both Jon and Richie saying they were writing for the new album.
And I remember them because they were posted at this site and the oompas clarified it was official but 'no other news to share at the time'.
But think what you want.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:39 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier
In interviews as early as march there were reports from both Jon and Richie saying they were writing for the new album.
And I remember them because they were posted at this site and the oompas clarified it was official but 'no other news to share at the time'.
But think what you want.
Yeah, remeber those posts about Jon writing with Billy Falcon? And man that was long ago...
Old 11-03-2004, 09:15 AM
Livin' on a Post

i personally have very strange feelings about this new record. i don't know what to think or what to expect.

if they wrote, lets say, 12 songs, they just go an record them? it's not the same approach as in previous records, specially if u think in how perfectionist jon is. maybe they are looking for something fresh and new, but i don't think they're going to re-invent the wheel...

i'm thinking of 2 possibilities:

1.- they are in love with the muses, and the inspiration came to their minds so quick that they don't need to write more.

2.- the muses are on holidays, so they made the effort of writing as much as they can, but their ideas are making the same trip as the muses...

as i said before, i don't know what we'll get with this new record. also, i read somewhere (probably here) that the producer helped bj to write the songs.

i will finish this crazy thoughts with two more subjects:

--> last man standing as part of the new record? it was the last gift given by the muses?

--> few songs written means no b-sides? if we don't get any b-sides, i will make the boys eat their golden suits...
truth became a lie
kiss them all and say goodbye