Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Aerosmith

Other Bands

Old 11-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Jovi Addict

http://www.wmmr.com/music/news/Story.aspx?id=1162028

STEVEN TYLER GOING SOLO; NEW SINGER FOR AEROSMITH?

11/5/2009

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler told Classic Rock magazine this week that he intends to work on "Brand Tyler" instead of a new Aerosmith record for the foreseeable future. Following the band's performance at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in the United Arab Emirates over the weekend, Tyler said about his future plans, "I don't know what I'm doing yet, but it's definitely going to be something Steven Tyler: working on the brand of myself -- Brand Tyler."

Things have been tense in the Aerosmith camp since early August, when a fall from a stage in South Dakota broke Tyler's shoulder and ended the band's summer tour. In the months since, internal strife has come to the surface, with guitarist Joe Perry saying in interviews that the rest of the band had not heard from Tyler since his injury, that the group was waiting for its singer to "get his act together," and that he and Tyler had not even written a song together in 10 years.

Although the show in Abu Dhabi and two other gigs last month in Hawaii showed the band to be in fine form onstage, Classic Rock reported that at all three dates, the rest of the group did not see Tyler until the opening number and that his dressing room was far away from theirs.

Yet Perry told Classic Rock that the Abu Dhabi gig was "one of the best shows of the year."

Tyler has reportedly refused to commit to getting back in the studio and has now also apparently pulled out of a tentative South American tour, forcing the rest of Aerosmith to consider two options: going on hiatus or getting a new vocalist.

As unthinkable as the latter option might sound to fans, guitarist Brad Whitford said, "I'm not sure how good that would look, it would largely depend on who we could get and who would want to do it. That's big shoes to fill. Nobody could replace Steven or imitate him -- he's one of a kind. But if somebody was willing to do it and the chemistry was right, why not?"

Old 11-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Blaze of Posting

Aerosmith has become Spinal Tap. Shame.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Cut myself on angel hair
Slippery When Wet

Send a message via MSN to UKjovi

Haven't written a song together in 10 years?? surprised they have lasted this long then.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKjovi View Post
Haven't written a song together in 10 years?? surprised they have lasted this long then.
They've only released 2 studio albums in the last 10 years though and one of them was a covers album
Old 11-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Tokyo Road

Not sure quite how they've managed to release a studio album and a covers album with a new original track on it in the last 10 years without writing together ...

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Walrus View Post
Not sure quite how they've managed to release a studio album and a covers album with a new original track on it in the last 10 years without writing together ...
No idea, I haven't got the CD's to check the linear lines for to see who wrote what.

But I did read a while ago from Joe Perry that Steven Tyler is more interested in writing with people like Mark Hudson now over band members.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Writing seperately?

Do they do a credit thing like Lennon/McCartney or Jagger/Richards, regardless of who wrote the songs?
Old 11-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Tokyo Road

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Push_Play

They have a lot of co-writing credits, although I guess they could have worked on the same songs separately, or the official credits could be lies

You can play the game
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 04:17 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
That new track on Honkin' On Bobo was written in the nineties, the same goes for all the songs best off albums, not a single song of those were written especially for those albums. Devil's Got A New Disguise for example originates from the Pump sessions.

The last time they actually wrote songs together was for the Just Push Play album.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 11-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Tokyo Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

That new track on Honkin' On Bobo was written in the nineties, the same goes for all the songs best off albums, not a single song of those were written especially for those albums. Devil's Got A New Disguise for example originates from the Pump sessions.

The last time they actually wrote songs together was for the Just Push Play album.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
I knew that about Devil's Got A New Disguise and Sedona Sunrise, but I wasn't aware The Grind was the same, cheers

You can play the game
BUT NOT ME!!!

Tags
aerosmith, live