Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

The Official November 27 Kyocera Dome, Osaka, Japan Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 11-29-2018, 12:16 PM
Posting everyday

I just want to see passion. The most vanilla set can be good if it's delivered with passion. Some shows of the US tour 2010 for example, they had the most bland setlists but they were delivered with a lot of passion and I still listen to them a lot.
The vocals - well they are what they are. But since their "return" I have rarely seen the band passionate on stage (minus Tico). During the 2016 promo shows I felt a bit of that hunger again - but ironically only when he was talking inbetween the songs. When I first saw them in 2003, his voice was (for that time frame) pretty strained already, but damn - there was so much hunger and excitement on stage, it made me fall in love with this band and their music.
Now they really seem like civil servants - doing their 9 to 5 job and then going home. Last summer I saw Kiss. Paul Stanley's voice is even more shot than Jon's - but there was still that excitement of performing to be seen, the commanding of the crowd, the joy of being up there on stage. If I'd only get that, I think I could leave happy next year. But at least get that back.

Old 11-29-2018, 02:19 PM
Dry County

Agreed! And I can't see any reason why Jon is suddenly glued to the mic again, other than maybe being afraid to not deliver and thus clinging to the mic stand. Which ironically leads to the opposite of what he wants to accomplish (as our discussions here show). C'mon Jon, just let loose for once!
Old 11-29-2018, 03:46 PM
Keep the Faith

it must feel really really shitty for Jon, once one of the greatest Frontman of all time with an iconic voice.
I give him credit to step up on the big stage (like in Japan this week) in this Kind of shape.
but it´s time to be true to himself now and Show us his Cards and whats wrong with his voice !! he can´t hide it anymore

http://www.youtube.com/user/JoergVeselka
BON JOVI 19.06 / 20.06.2010 LONDON O2 ARENA = I´M THERE
Old 11-29-2018, 05:54 PM
WhamATC

Haha I wish I could mind control and make Jon start moving and dancing again. And also make him think he should add or remove some songs on the setlists for possibly the better.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:47 PM
Jovi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I'm not disagreeing to disagree but I don't think any of this right.
One thing to know about me, I don't make a comment on something with numbers unless I am 100% sure. That said, I'll help you. https://www.billboard.com/charts/adu...ary/2017-04-29

On April 29, 2017, it was at number 16, peak position 11 and at that point had been on the AC Chart for 13 weeks. But, feel free to verify yourself via the link.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:49 PM
Blaze of Posting

I haven't listened to anything they've really done since 2013, and thought I'd see what's going on. Saw the comments about 'Saturday Night' from this show so searched. And pretty shocked by what I'm hearing. Slow, plodding, boring.

I then watched 'Raise Your Hands' from Rock in Rio 2017 and could only get halfway through. Out of time, flat, smiles were aplenty on the faces of the band but I think tears were more appropriate.

Genuinely shocked.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:07 AM
Dry County

Had to look that one up myself, and yes, it's a bit slow, but otherwise I'm pleasantly surprised. Sure, it used to have more energy, but I expected much worse when I read the comments about it. Guess opinions differ and expectations change
Old 11-30-2018, 06:47 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
Agree.

This will be the last tour I ever see them on. I wasnt gonna go wembley but then the loyalty took over and I bought (2 £130) tickets.
But they have no passion anymore. They have gone on way too long. The stage is full of impostors.
JBJ is on autopilot. Tico is still amazing.
Phil X - as good as he is isnt suited to Bon Jovi. I hate the sight of Shanks and the guy playing bongos.

JBJ shouldve brought the curtain down on this ageing act after the WAN tour. Every fan is going out of nostalgia - they sure aint getting a top performance - I keep saying - oh for wembley he will raise his game - but im beginning to doubt that. He either dont want to or just cant.
He voice is shot - he cant command a stage either as he just grips the mike - thats ok in a small venue but not in stadiums.
I've seen them at Wembley twice, sadly I fully agree with you and I won't be making it for a 3rd time. I really struggle to watch any of these YouTube clips. It genuinely upsets me and makes me very sad to see what they have become

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2018, 09:54 PM
Keep the Faith

This will surely prove to be the last tour. Jon is not an idiot, he knows he’s struggling and is surely too proud to carry on beyond next year with what voice he has left deteriorating fast. It’s pretty sad, actually.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:32 PM
Dry County

I'm not so sure. As someone pointed out, if he knew this would be the last tour, they'd market it as such. Unless they think they make enough tickets and money anyways, which seems to be the case.

I'd still say the decline has stopped for now, instead he's making small improvements. Which makes sense, since he seems to have to relearn the songs to know which voice/technique to use for which lines/words. Will it get better to a tolerable level? Or will it get worse after improving a bit? Time will tell...

I sure hope this isn't the last tour, because I'd like my kids to see them and they're too small yet, but dig the music (THINFS and Roller Coaster, to be exact) very much.