Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Peter Frampton about Mr. Richie Sambora

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Blaze of Posting

Default Peter Frampton about Mr. Richie Sambora

I found this interview from Guitar Player where Peter Frampton mentions Richie Sambora and here is what he says:

“Only [Bon Jovi’s] Richie Sambora has been able to blow up a Framptone talk box,” says Frampton, who takes pride in his company’s dedication to building rugged, professional-grade products for guitarists. “But, then again, Richie cranks a 100-watt Fender Showman through it [laughs]. He likes it loud, that boy.”

http://www.guitarplayer.com/story.as...storycode=4088

That sounds really nice especially if it comes from somebody like Frampton who invented the talkbox.

Richie rules!

Old 03-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon
Richie rules!
AMEN TO THAT!
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3
Old 03-07-2006, 10:04 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Frampton DEFINETELY didn't invent the talk box but he sure brought it to the media/masses.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:08 PM
The Distance

Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman

Quote:
That sounds really nice especially if it comes from somebody like Frampton who invented the talkbox.
As much as you invented heavy metal.

Ice

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
As much as you invented heavy metal.

Ice

It is pretty much Frampton who is associated with the appearence of the talk box although it was designed and invented by some music professor whose name I don't remember. But again, I have to admit, an extremly introspective comment by Ice. Cheers for that!

Last edited by DevilsSon; 03-08-2006 at 01:11 AM..
Old 03-08-2006, 07:08 AM
The Distance

Quote:
It is pretty much Frampton who is associated with the appearence of the talk box although it was designed and invented by some music professor whose name I don't remember. But again, I have to admit, an extremly introspective comment by Ice. Cheers for that!
It's funny how you always try to twist your words to cover your mistakes. Well, stupid is as stupid does. Maybe you should grow your hair back, at least then you didn't make as stupid assumptions you do now.

Talkbox has been used by many others, not just Frampton. You only know the name Frampton because Richie's been saying that Frampton was the first who used the talk box, and he's wrong also. People like Joe Walsh, George Clinton, Jeff Beck, Slash, Joe Perry and Jeff Beck have also used the talk box, but they didn't invent it either. And it certainly wasn't invented by any "professor", you dweeb. It was invented by a guy named Doug Forbes, a guitarist himself, although one with an engineering degree. Don't try to impress people when you have nothing to impress them with.

Ice

Last edited by Iceman; 03-08-2006 at 07:13 AM..
Old 03-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
It's funny how you always try to twist your words to cover your mistakes. Well, stupid is as stupid does. Maybe you should grow your hair back, at least then you didn't make as stupid assumptions you do now.

Talkbox has been used by many others, not just Frampton. You only know the name Frampton because Richie's been saying that Frampton was the first who used the talk box, and he's wrong also. People like Joe Walsh, George Clinton, Jeff Beck, Slash, Joe Perry and Jeff Beck have also used the talk box, but they didn't invent it either. And it certainly wasn't invented by any "professor", you dweeb. It was invented by a guy named Doug Forbes, a guitarist himself, although one with an engineering degree. Don't try to impress people when you have nothing to impress them with.

Ice
Oh oh oh. Big words from Mr. -all I do is show how smart I am in any thread- Ice. I feel flattered that you keep track of my image changes and of what I have been posting before. Seems like you also believe that I am a Samson-like figure here. That's again extremly nice from your side. Unfortunately I can not reply with similar compliments since I don't give a shit about your boring, frustrated personality.

About Doug Forbes - thanks for reminding me his name - just take a look. He for sure is a Professor and teaches Music Technology. http://www.coc.cc.ca.us/departments/...oug_forbes.htm

Of course, your wisdom allows you to see how comes I know Mr. Frampton. I am not sure how you came up with this. One possible answer is that you only heard of him because of Richie. In my case:I have seen Humble Pie opening for a Romanian band 3 or 4 years ago and that was also the moment when I decided that I am a Humble Pie fan: http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/sh...ght=Humble+Pie
Here is my thread just in case you want to check. Let me tell you that Peter Frampton was a founding member of this superb band, just in case you did not know. But you probably already prepared something really really SMART ASS to reply as it seems that that's the most important of all your daily activities.

Thank you for the lesson in talk box users. I really had no idea that Slash, Jeff Beck AND Joe PERRY used the talk box. That was enlighteing. I can complete your list with David Gilmour, Michael Schenker and Matthias Jabs and even Mick Mars uses it on Kickstart My Heart - but hey, it's probably only Richie Sambora that I heard.

The last sentence was again a Message Board masterpiece. They should award you, really. I don't like to repeat myself but I have to, sorry:

Last edited by DevilsSon; 03-08-2006 at 02:37 PM..
Old 03-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Jovi Fan

Sorry me but i don't have any idea of what a TALK BOX is ....maybe in italian we use a different word...can someone try to explain what it is please?Thanx
Old 03-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to Mr Bluesman

That sound you hear on Livin' On A Prayer and It's My Life from Richie - "woh-woh-wooh", etc. They've over used it a bit recently on their latest releases. I don't really know much about it technically but the sound from Richie's guitar amps kinda plays back into his mouth and the shape of the mouth gives that sound. It's then played back through the microphone. If you look at their live vids, it's that straw thing that Richie looks like he's chewing.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:17 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Unfortunately I can not reply with similar compliments since I don't give a shit about your boring, frustrated personality.
LOL. You think I give a shit about your personality? I was just making a point how stupid most of you're posts are. If someone actually thinks the length of someones hair has anything to do with someones personality, it's extremely pathetic. Reminds me of a guy who posted something about not being "rock" if he cut his hair...

Quote:
About Doug Forbes - thanks for reminding me his name - just take a look. He for sure is a Professor and teaches Music Technology. http://www.coc.cc.ca.us/departments/...oug_forbes.htm
Ok, he's a professor NOW, but he was just a guitarist when he invented the talk box.

Quote:
Of course, your wisdom allows you to see how comes I know Mr. Frampton.
I'll repeat myself: what a dweeb you are. I never said you didn't know Pete Frampton, I said you only knew about his "talk box invention" because Richie's been talking about it.

Quote:
But you probably already prepared something really really SMART ASS to reply as it seems that that's the most important of all your daily activities.
Sorry, you're not that high on my priorities list, I do have a life, a job, etc.

Quote:
I can complete your list with David Gilmour, Michael Schenker and Matthias Jabs and even Mick Mars uses it on Kickstart My Heart - but hey, it's probably only Richie Sambora that I heard.
Yeah, I tried to keep the list as short as possible, so that you'd be able to read it.

Quote:
The last sentence was again a Message Board masterpiece.
Pretty much like your every post.

Quote:
They should award you, really. I don't like to repeat myself but I have to, sorry:
Could you try to learn the Google and find a more suitable image?

Ice