Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Ozzy Osbourne Sues AEG Over Staples-O2 Block-Booking Policy

Other Bands

Old 03-22-2018, 03:17 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Ozzy Osbourne Sues AEG Over Staples-O2 Block-Booking Policy

Quote:
Variety.com: Sharon Osbourne, Ozzy Osbourne’s manager...(has)...followed through on (a) threat to sue AEG over its policy requiring artists who want to play the O2 Arena in London to also play at the Staples Center in...the Los Angeles area...

AEG’s 21,000-capacity Staples Center and Azoff-MSG, which owns the...17,500-capacity...Forum...have been embroiled in...a long-running turf battle...AEG chief Jay Marciano claims that the policy was implemented in response to a similar policy connect(ing) Madison Square Garden and the Forum; Irving Azoff has said that such a policy is no longer in place at his company’s venues...

Osbourne’s promoter attempted to book the singer’s “No More Tours 2” tour into the O2 and were confronted with the Staples requirement...(T)he complaint says that “Ozzy commences this action (on his own behalf and for all similarly situated artists) to prohibit AEG from enforcing the Staples Center Commitment, an unlawful tying arrangement that unfairly leverages AEG’s dominance in greater London to distort and deter competition in greater Los Angeles.”

...AEG’s O2/Staples requirement came about in response to a challenge from MSG that, according to sources, found the company refusing to book acts into Madison Square Garden if they played at AEG’s Staples Center in Los Angeles instead of the MSG-operated Forum. In response, sources say, AEG informed agents and promoters that acts who perform at The Forum instead of Staples will not be booked at London’s O2 Arena...
Between being managed by Azoff and two upcoming gigs at Madison Square Garden, I guess we know whose side Bon Jovi is on, LOL!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 03-23-2018 at 09:54 PM..

Old 03-22-2018, 05:25 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

In 2010 when they played all those O2 shows, did they indeed play the Staples Center in LA? I'm not sure - off to check my bootleg data LOL.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:26 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
In 2010 when they played all those O2 shows, did they indeed play the Staples Center in LA? I'm not sure - off to check my bootleg data LOL.
They sure did - on March 4th 2010 they were at The Staples Center in LA. Interesting, I never knew about this rule.

Old 03-22-2018, 06:14 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
They sure did - on March 4th 2010 they were at The Staples Center in LA. Interesting, I never knew about this rule.
U2 did the opposite in 2015 (O2 and MSG).

I'd be curious to know who and when started this incredibly silly dick swinging that is harming everyone involved.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:19 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
U2 did the opposite in 2015 (O2 and MSG).

I'd be curious to know who and when started this incredibly silly dick swinging that is harming everyone involved.
That is exactly what it is - mine is bigger than yours. Coke and Pepsi play out the same shit in my country too. As do various ice cream companies - as in if you carry theirs, you can't carry mine. It does no one any good except for maybe the biggest dick LOL

Old 03-24-2018, 04:08 AM
Something for the Posts

It also happens in U.S. radio -- a local or regional station that wants to book a nationally syndicated show may be required to book one the syndicator's other shows as a "lead in" and/or "lead out" for the national show in a "package" deal.

And a certain Hollywood talent agency had a reputation for telling the movie studios: "You want our client Mary Smith to play the lead in your movie? Well, you can have her if you also take our clients John Brown as your lead actor, Jerry Edwards as your producer, and Barry Martin as your director -- and pay a percentage of their combined salaries as a 'packaging' fee!" Then they would tell their clients: "Great news -- we got you a movie deal! Here's your paycheck...minus our standard commission, of course..."

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 07-06-2023 at 04:31 PM..

Tags
ozzy osbourne