Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

2017 Jovi Awards

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-10-2017, 07:48 PM
Next 100 Posts

I'm a bit surprised that These Days won as Best Song pre-2000. Just didn't expect that, although I like the song.

Maybe next time best of each decade?

Old 03-10-2017, 08:34 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
Yup, those were the three! Thanks for checking!

Man, Stay is just a beautimous song. Can't believe it didn't make an album. In fact, I think I shall have to go and listen to it. Immediately, if not sooner.

B'bye!
Gorgeous gorgeous songs. One of the many times you can really appreciate Bobby's harmonies.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:21 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Gorgeous gorgeous songs. One of the many times you can really appreciate Bobby's harmonies.
Yeah, the backing vocals make it! That's true of so many of their songs. I didn't realize it was Bobby, though. I thought maybe Jon was doing them. There's another one of their songs that Jon does the backing on himself, but I can't remember which one it is. Of course, there may be more than one. I just recall a discussion about some song and somebody saying they were pretty sure it was Jon doing the harmony.

I do remember being surprised, though, because I had recently heard Jon joke about having "lead singer's disease" and saying he couldn't sing harmony. And iirc, the harmony in that one was pretty sweet, too.

Now if I could just remember what song it was. My memory for details like that sucks sometimes.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:52 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Yeah, the backing vocals make it! That's true of so many of their songs. I didn't realize it was Bobby, though. I thought maybe Jon was doing them. There's another one of their songs that Jon does the backing on himself, but I can't remember which one it is. Of course, there may be more than one. I just recall a discussion about some song and somebody saying they were pretty sure it was Jon doing the harmony.

I do remember being surprised, though, because I had recently heard Jon joke about having "lead singer's disease" and saying he couldn't sing harmony. And iirc, the harmony in that one was pretty sweet, too.

Now if I could just remember what song it was. My memory for details like that sucks sometimes.
Well there goes MY night. I'm going to be thinking of this all night. Was it River Runs Dry? I know Hard Letting You Go switches back and forth between Jon and Richie doing Background Vocals.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:17 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Well there goes MY night. ...
So glad I could help!

Since I started this mess, I'll add (as embarrassingly weird as this is gonna sound, I'm sure) that I sometimes associate certain songs with colors for some reason, almost like an aura (toldja, weird!) And in this case a brownish sepia tone comes to mind that I usually associate with some of the box set songs like River Runs Dry, Nobody's Hero, the These Days tracks, Bitter Wine, and some others. So you might be on the right track. Seems like it was kinda slow and had a melancholy feel to it, so that would work, too.

I'll try to search some of the threads and see if anything pops.

Edit to add: I also seem to remember that the discussion may have grown out of question about who the primary songwriter was, because it was a Jon and Richie cowrite and whoever said they thought Jon was singing backup said that to explain why they were pretty sure Richie didn't have that much to do with the song or something like that. Ring any bells? (I hope so because it's like it's sitting just out of reach on the edge of my brain and I can almost hear Jon singing the damn thing!)

Last edited by JackieBlue; 03-11-2017 at 05:28 AM..
Old 03-11-2017, 12:09 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Since I started this mess, I'll add (as embarrassingly weird as this is gonna sound, I'm sure) that I sometimes associate certain songs with colors for some reason, almost like an aura (toldja, weird!) And in this case a brownish sepia tone comes to mind that I usually associate with some of the box set songs like River Runs Dry, Nobody's Hero, the These Days tracks, Bitter Wine, and some others. So you might be on the right track. Seems like it was kinda slow and had a melancholy feel to it, so that would work, too.
Wow, I am exactly the same. Except Nobody's Hero is more of a dull blue/purple/grey colour.

It's actually a condition called Synesthesia, where your mind associates colours with numbers/words/letters etc etc. Not everyone has it (only the good ones it seems )

/offtopic

Perth - January 25, 2008
Perth - December 8, 2010
Sydney - December 17, 2010
Sydney - December 19, 2010 (I Believe!!!)

East Rutherford - July 25, 2013
Melbourne - December 7, 2013
Melbourne - December 8, 2013
Perth - December 12, 2013

Sydney - December 8, 2018
Old 03-11-2017, 12:57 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvi View Post
Wow, I am exactly the same. Except Nobody's Hero is more of a dull blue/purple/grey colour.

It's actually a condition called Synesthesia, where your mind associates colours with numbers/words/letters etc etc. Not everyone has it (only the good ones it seems )

/offtopic
Good to know because I am the same as well
Old 03-11-2017, 02:26 PM
Jovi Fan

Great job, thanks for doing this!!

Good guys and These Days winning surprised me the most - and that I actually picked some winners.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Posting everyday

I'm actually surprised that so many of my picks won in the final round. I'm especially happy for These Days winning - it's for me personally their best song and one whose lyrics mean the most to me as well.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
I'm actually surprised that so many of my picks won in the final round. I'm especially happy for These Days winning - it's for me personally their best song and one whose lyrics mean the most to me as well.
These Days is my all time favorite - along with Thunder Road.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.