Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Afterthoughts on the tour

Tour Discussion

Old 04-18-2017, 01:07 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Default Afterthoughts on the tour

I am curious as to what the general consensus is on the most recent tour. I was not fortunate enough to attend a show, but I followed it closely via YouTube and this forum. How does this tour, on the whole, compare to other jovi tours? How did the personal live experience differ from previous concerts? Best/worst shows and moments? I must say, it was fun waking up to read this forum. I still remember vividly reading the 20+ page thread about Greenville. My stomach jumped when in saw that always had been played. I soon listened to a bootleg of it and was overwhelmed by pride for Jon and his hard work and dedication.
"You gotta live it everyday, let the broken hearts stand as the price you gotta pay"
"Time will take its toll on a homeless soul, you become Love's refugee"

Old 04-18-2017, 01:57 AM
The Distance

Google Search, Bon Jovi IEM 2011 and listens to Bad Medicine... He's singing it and sounds exactly the same way he did on this past tour...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2017, 01:59 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I think, in some ways, it's difficult to compare tours because your reaction to any one show is dependent on where you are in life. When I first saw Bon Jovi in 1989, I was barely a teenager. It was my first concert ever and it was a band that, to me, might as well have been Elvis Presley in his glory days. Everything about that show was spectacle and awe. I saw them in 1993 a couple of times. I was 2nd row at the "orange seat show" in Knoxville. That was pretty amazing from my perspective. I had the pleasure of seeing one of the Christmas shows in 1994 and that was special because it was a small venue. Fast forward a few years and I saw them in St. Louis after a long hiatus. I left convinced they were still the best band on the planet.

After a few years and more shows, my father died in 2003 and it changed my perspective of everything. I couldn't even listen to Bon Jovi for a while because I had so many memories attached to them. During that period, I discovered Keith Urban and what an amazing guitarist and entertainer he is. I went to dozens of his shows because, quite frankly, it made me happy and he was far more accessible than Bon Jovi. (In other words, he plays more than 2 cities in the Southeast. In those days Bon Jovi only ever played Atlanta and Nashville.) So while they were working on HAND, I was traveling all over seeing someone else.

After a while, I had the chance to see Bon Jovi again in Omaha in 2005, I think. I went in wondering if the would still cast a spell over me. Did they ever!!! So I was back on board with this band for the long haul.

I've seen this band in many cities, many states, various types of venues, across a 30ish year span. I've seen every tour except the WAN album because of my own health problems.

When it comes down to it, Bon Jovi has been the one constant thing in my life for a long time. There are certain truths that remain no matter how my life or the band has changed. I've never left a Bon Jovi concert unhappy. I've never had a bad time at a Bon Jovi concert. I've always found Jon to be the best frontman I've seen. Bon Jovi makes magic on stage. And I say all that to say, these truths remain in the latest tour. A Bon Jovi concert is the highlight of any year for me and whenever I leave one show, I'm ready for another one.

Bon Jovi has changed, but they remain the best in the world for me. Since I don't obsess over set lists and YouTube videos, I think I enjoy the shows even more. To me, if I'm not there, it doesn't affect me. So I enjoy what I experience and it leaves me wanting my next fix.

Final verdict: this tour was just as enjoyable to me as any other. I hope it's not the last chance I ever have to see them.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:47 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I think, in some ways, it's difficult to compare tours because your reaction to any one show is dependent on where you are in life. When I first saw Bon Jovi in 1989, I was barely a teenager. It was my first concert ever and it was a band that, to me, might as well have been Elvis Presley in his glory days. Everything about that show was spectacle and awe. I saw them in 1993 a couple of times. I was 2nd row at the "orange seat show" in Knoxville. That was pretty amazing from my perspective. I had the pleasure of seeing one of the Christmas shows in 1994 and that was special because it was a small venue. Fast forward a few years and I saw them in St. Louis after a long hiatus. I left convinced they were still the best band on the planet.

After a few years and more shows, my father died in 2003 and it changed my perspective of everything. I couldn't even listen to Bon Jovi for a while because I had so many memories attached to them. During that period, I discovered Keith Urban and what an amazing guitarist and entertainer he is. I went to dozens of his shows because, quite frankly, it made me happy and he was far more accessible than Bon Jovi. (In other words, he plays more than 2 cities in the Southeast. In those days Bon Jovi only ever played Atlanta and Nashville.) So while they were working on HAND, I was traveling all over seeing someone else.

After a while, I had the chance to see Bon Jovi again in Omaha in 2005, I think. I went in wondering if the would still cast a spell over me. Did they ever!!! So I was back on board with this band for the long haul.

I've seen this band in many cities, many states, various types of venues, across a 30ish year span. I've seen every tour except the WAN album because of my own health problems.

When it comes down to it, Bon Jovi has been the one constant thing in my life for a long time. There are certain truths that remain no matter how my life or the band has changed. I've never left a Bon Jovi concert unhappy. I've never had a bad time at a Bon Jovi concert. I've always found Jon to be the best frontman I've seen. Bon Jovi makes magic on stage. And I say all that to say, these truths remain in the latest tour. A Bon Jovi concert is the highlight of any year for me and whenever I leave one show, I'm ready for another one.

Bon Jovi has changed, but they remain the best in the world for me. Since I don't obsess over set lists and YouTube videos, I think I enjoy the shows even more. To me, if I'm not there, it doesn't affect me. So I enjoy what I experience and it leaves me wanting my next fix.

Final verdict: this tour was just as enjoyable to me as any other. I hope it's not the last chance I ever have to see them.
Great post! I think you summed up this tour perfectly! Let's not forget, this is just one leg of the tour, there is a chance of a second leg later in ther year or even next year! Jon made a video earlier saying this! Lets keep our eyes and ears open!
Old 04-18-2017, 04:36 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

I didn't go to a show this tour so others who have will have a much better outlook on this tour than me.

From the outside looking in, it's been like a yo-yo. The set lists, whether you care about them or not, have been poor. I Got The Girl (of all songs) has been the only one that's made me go 'wow' and 'Always' but only down to the vocal issues and not thinking JBJ would have the balls to do it.

The performances have got better as the shows have gone on. First few shows, JBJ looked extremely static. It was quite worrying because although his vocals have been an issue, I was hoping that he'd still have the energy for us to not care. His energy only came as the tour went on.

We've had cancellations/postponements. I'm not going to get into what I think was the right thing to do and what was wrong because I haven't been let down so that'd be unfair of me.

What I have loved about this tour is the passion JBJ still has. People might say it's fake but this tour seems different. He does seem happy to be playing venues and being on stage again. He is smiling and it doesn't seem forced. He's including every member up on stage and every show, he looks like he's loving it. He still knows how to work a crowd!

I was watching New Years Day from MSG today and the intro blew me away. My girlfriend looked over and said 'you love it don't you' and I do. She meant I love the small things JBJ does to make me/us smile. Little intros like that are what makes me still love this band. Nobody else could make me smile and enjoy an intro like that except Jon. It's weird but true. When he goes into the crowd for Bad Medicine, I love it. A lot of lead singers do it and it does nothing for me but with JBJ, it's different.

This tour has been quite poor from the outside looking in but it still has many elements for me to be excited to see them again and it's certainly not made me any less of a fan. They're not the same band I've grew up watching but they'd still make me come away happier than any other band.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 04-18-2017, 09:44 AM
Jovi Fan

I really enjoyed my concert during this tour. JBJ had so much energy and really seemed to want to be on stage. Loved hearing the new songs and his talking about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2017, 11:10 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Google Search, Bon Jovi IEM 2011 and listens to Bad Medicine... He's singing it and sounds exactly the same way he did on this past tour...

What's your point?
"You gotta live it everyday, let the broken hearts stand as the price you gotta pay"
"Time will take its toll on a homeless soul, you become Love's refugee"
Old 04-18-2017, 01:28 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdoyle1987 View Post
What's your point?
Think about it

Old 04-18-2017, 01:29 PM
The Distance

Anyone have the final numbers??? Attendance and Gross Amount???

Old 04-18-2017, 03:06 PM
Jovi Geek

Billboard Boxscore should come out soon with the attendance numbers.