Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Remasters UK?

General BJ Discussion

Old 02-14-2010, 04:20 PM
PLAY KING OF THE MOUNTAIN...
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Default Remasters UK?

So, where do I get the remasters in the UK? The 5.1 ones with little added bits (Ice said something about the intro to born to be my baby) ?

Old 02-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
So, where do I get the remasters in the UK? The 5.1 ones with little added bits (Ice said something about the intro to born to be my baby) ?
Uh? It seems that you mean the Slippery When Wet DualDisc, which has 5,1 mix and some songs has new intros and outros. But there is no Born To Be My Baby of course

New Jersey DualDisc was planned but because the DualDisc format didn't become successful, it didn't happen.

While speaking about remasters, all albums from the debut to These Days were remastered but the songs are the same as for lenght. Only KTF doesn't have Save A Prayer and These Days doesn't have All I Want Is Everything because every remastered album has a video added (apart from the debut).
Old 02-14-2010, 06:13 PM

ah, thought I was a bit confused.

Can you get SWW dualdisc in the UK anywhere? Amazon.com has it :/

And ye gads! You're right, my These Days has no All I Want is everything! Bastards
Old 02-14-2010, 06:23 PM
It's my post

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Yahoo to Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Only KTF doesn't have Save A Prayer and These Days doesn't have All I Want Is Everything because every remastered album has a video added (apart from the debut).
Yeah I thought it was a shitter that. I bought the remasters but felt a bit cheated that we didn't get the extra song. I can live without the videos.

In answer to your question Goose: Slippery When Wet: Amazon.co.uk: Music Slippery When Wet: Amazon.co.uk: Music
It's an imported copy so looks like it wasn't released in the UK.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:33 PM

winner, wasn't coming up for me. How strange
Old 02-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Posting Dead Or Alive

Or! You may wish to buy it from here - a little cheaper

http://www.cdwow.com/CD/bon-jovi-sli...381815#bc=b256

I believe they're based in Jersey (That's Jersey, not New Jersey lol) and last time I ordered, I got free shipping...
2010: NJ x3, London x4. 2011: Munich, Manchester, London, Dublin x2, Lisbon. 2012: RS London.
2013: Manchester, Birmingham, Dublin, London. 2014: RS Belfast. 2016: London. 2019: Dublin x2, Liverpool, London

Old 02-14-2010, 10:51 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

If anybody has any leads on where the Japanease Remasters with the bonus discs can still be gotten, say something. I never got around to the debut or New Jersey for those two, though I do have remastered albums via that Chronicles 3 pack release which had me thinking I was getting a remastered Blaze of Glory....which of course turned out to be the exact same, unchanged, relatively flat sounding original release.

The Slippery Dual Disc is worth it, Mongoose. You'll be re-experiencing the entire album all over again. It's not just about the 5.1 mix the way the HAND dual disc was. I only wish they had approached hand in much the same way.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:13 PM
Disillusioned Diehard
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
If anybody has any leads on where the Japanease Remasters with the bonus discs can still be gotten, say something. I never got around to the debut or New Jersey for those two, though I do have remastered albums via that Chronicles 3 pack release which had me thinking I was getting a remastered Blaze of Glory....which of course turned out to be the exact same, unchanged, relatively flat sounding original release.

The Slippery Dual Disc is worth it, Mongoose. You'll be re-experiencing the entire album all over again. It's not just about the 5.1 mix the way the HAND dual disc was. I only wish they had approached hand in much the same way.
I bought all of the Japanese remasters via eBay. It took me awhile, but I finally got all of them. Too bad you didn't ask awhile ago. The prices they commanded dropped dramatically during the recession, but they've started rebounding. (And no, I'm not joking.)

<sigh> And I see that now I have to start hunting for a SWW dual disc. Always something . . .
Old 02-14-2010, 11:19 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomom View Post
I bought all of the Japanese remasters via eBay. It took me awhile, but I finally got all of them. Too bad you didn't ask awhile ago. The prices they commanded dropped dramatically during the recession, but they've started rebounding. (And no, I'm not joking.)

<sigh> And I see that now I have to start hunting for a SWW dual disc. Always something . . .
I actually just checked like two days ago on there for NJ and saw one for like 66 dollars. They were always pricey. I think I was paying like 40 bucks or so at Tower back in the 90's when I was picking them up and I didn't have that kind of cash just laying around.

I'll keep an eye out, maybe something decently priced will turn up. Those remasters are really the way to go though. It was the debut and NJ as well as Crossroads that I skipped since they didnt' rank as high with me and I put them as last priority. Eventually too much time passed and they weren't available anymore. I got ahold of the bonus discs via downloading a few years back, but they are in 128 kbps. I keep everything at 256.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Disillusioned Diehard
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
I actually just checked like two days ago on there for NJ and saw one for like 66 dollars. They were always pricey. I think I was paying like 40 bucks or so at Tower back in the 90's when I was picking them up and I didn't have that kind of cash just laying around.

I'll keep an eye out, maybe something decently priced will turn up. Those remasters are really the way to go though. It was the debut and NJ as well as Crossroads that I skipped since they didnt' rank as high with me and I put them as last priority. Eventually too much time passed and they weren't available anymore. I got ahold of the bonus discs via downloading a few years back, but they are in 128 kbps. I keep everything at 256.
The debut remaster is available quite often, and usually goes for less than $100. NJ isn't on as frequently, and usually goes for more. I haven't been watching as closely since I finally finished my collection. Before the prices dropped, NJ and Cross Road almost always went for $200 - $300.

Tags
remaster