Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Richie Sambora

General BJ Discussion

Old 12-02-2022, 08:09 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I guess 5 years ago the new album was "done and out soon" if that counts?
Fair enough

Old 12-02-2022, 10:47 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I guess 5 years ago the new album was "done and out soon" if that counts?
Richie is a prime example of why some people should always be working with a deadline.....
Old 12-03-2022, 11:48 PM
Jovi Fan

Some people need deadlines some people need managing and some people are born leaders etc. Most of the time we don't really know what we are and maybe Richie mistook himself for a leader and a frontman. Fair enough so did many of us.

But clearly he is at his best as a second guy, writing songs providing back up vocals and lead guitar. It's like his ex Ori. She is at her best when she is slinging guitar for someone else, her latest record is an improvement but still meh. At least she got nominated for the solo of the year which is better than anything she has managed since ditching Alice Cooper.

Richie and Jon should just agree to work together in the least. It's not a tall order to be honest. And both would benefit a lot.
Old 12-04-2022, 01:04 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUceK1WV8 View Post
Some people need deadlines some people need managing and some people are born leaders etc. Most of the time we don't really know what we are and maybe Richie mistook himself for a leader and a frontman. Fair enough so did many of us.

But clearly he is at his best as a second guy, writing songs providing back up vocals and lead guitar. It's like his ex Ori. She is at her best when she is slinging guitar for someone else, her latest record is an improvement but still meh. At least she got nominated for the solo of the year which is better than anything she has managed since ditching Alice Cooper.

Richie and Jon should just agree to work together in the least. It's not a tall order to be honest. And both would benefit a lot.
It's too late for that.
Even innocence has caught the midnight train
And there ain't nobody left but us these days
Old 12-04-2022, 10:46 AM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
. It's like his ex Ori.
Did they split up again?
Old 12-04-2022, 04:15 PM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiefan95 View Post
Did they split up again?

Her whole new album is about R
Old 12-04-2022, 04:42 PM
Next 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
Wasn't even her last album about Richie and then they got back together?
Old 12-04-2022, 04:45 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
It's too late for that.
Maybe. But only thing that can't be fixed about the scenario is Jon's voice. Which is bloody unfortunate to be honest.

Bands go on for years with members not talking to each other. I don't think Richie and Jon were ever that bad. And surely time has healed some wounds, too.

Last edited by QUceK1WV8; 12-04-2022 at 04:53 PM..
Old 12-04-2022, 04:52 PM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiefan95 View Post
Wasn't even her last album about Richie and then they got back together?
I have lost track if they are together or not. Both of her last albums seem to be about Richie. She just can't write a song to save her life unfortunately. I used to really like her when she was with AC. Her aloof stage presence was perfect and she can (still) play and in fact in her last record, I think she plays really damn well. But. Who cares?

These days all I want is to Richie to actually release an album and for it to be of decent quality. And my frustration gets the better of my and takes me off topic to her, due to all those wasted years that were RSO instead of Richie Sambora. Like I wrote earlier, why could they not simply agree that she slings guitar in his band? If they absolutely had to mix work and play to begin with. Meh sorry for venting.

Last edited by QUceK1WV8; 12-04-2022 at 04:55 PM..
Old 12-04-2022, 05:15 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
I have lost track if they are together or not. Both of her last albums seem to be about Richie. She just can't write a song to save her life unfortunately. I used to really like her when she was with AC. Her aloof stage presence was perfect and she can (still) play and in fact in her last record, I think she plays really damn well. But. Who cares?

These days all I want is to Richie to actually release an album and for it to be of decent quality. And my frustration gets the better of my and takes me off topic to her, due to all those wasted years that were RSO instead of Richie Sambora. Like I wrote earlier, why could they not simply agree that she slings guitar in his band? If they absolutely had to mix work and play to begin with. Meh sorry for venting.
i hear ya but its tough to blame her for wasting his time when he could be releasing albums. RSO was already almost five years ago and nothing since then. It's not like she was holding him back from putting stuff out.