Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

I posted it first

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Posting Always

Default I posted it first

I know some of you losers come running back here as soon as you see something jon related hoping to be the first to post it. I beat you.

IT’S been a great week for celebrity bitchfests — and this time it’s the boys getting catty.

Rant No1 saw KAISER CHIEFS bassist SIMON RIX have a pop at PINK.

He sneered: “She’s just c**p. Fact is, Pink stinks.

“Take a look at that song Dear Mr President — it’s just terrible. The lyrics are idiotic.

“Pink is like a practical joke being played on the world. Can’t say I love the girl.”

No kidding.

But that’s nothing compared to rant no2 — courtesy of JON BON JOVI.

The wrinkly rocker lets rips at ROBBIE WILLIAMS, OASIS, DAVID BECKHAM and BABYSHAMBLES junkie PETE DOHERTY (OK, that’s fair enough) in this month’s Glamour magazine.

BITCH LIST

1. Jon Bon Jovi

2. Simon Rix

3. Gordon Ramsay

4. Elton John

5. Noel Gallagher

On Robbie he said: “That guy? He couldn’t fill a bar. He couldn’t even sell 500 tickets.”

Oasis: “They couldn’t fill a bar, either — and they’re full of themselves.”

Pete: “We’re not familiar with anything other than his antics and the fact he’s always in trouble — I’ve never heard a single one of his songs.”

And in a dig at Beckham, Jon had the nerve to ask: “Is he past his prime?”

That’s rich coming from a bloke who’s had the same hairstyle for the past two decades.

Check out my newly updated Boy Bitch List.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Jovi Geek

It would be nice to see the entire interview to get the proper context of the quotes versus just these random quotes thrown out there. The Sun loves doing this crap.

deb
Old 09-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Friends will be friends
Bounce

It would be more interesting to see these in context - though depending on they are from the Sun I'd not expect a word of them to be true anyway.

If it is true, then he's certainly right in some respects - Robbie couldn't sell-out anything (in the US - here he sells out fast) and I'm not sure how successful Oasis have been in the US, though I can't imagine it being greatly. I'm not big on football myself, so can't comment on Beckham, but certainly he's right on that tosser Pete Doherty. I've never heard any of his music either, only tabloid crap about how he gets arrested every week but then somehow magically released.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Jovi Geek

Supposedly these quotes stem from a Glamour magazine interview but I'm just not sure which Glamour, the US or UK version.

deb
Old 09-03-2007, 02:56 PM
It's my post

Send a message via MSN to Peterson

Here's the article from the Sun:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2007401016,00.html

Can't find the full interview though.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Dry County

lol go jon!
all true aswell ha
Old 09-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Jovi FANatic

It seems pretty obvious that the Sun has as usual taken this bit and that bit and put it together to make a "scandalous" headline, when in reality it was a series of honest answers about those artists success and/ or draw in the US. I believe Mr Williams lives in the US for the very reason that virtually no one here would know him if they walked by him on the street.
Have to agree about Oasis and Doherty, I know more about their antics and problems than I do about their music, although i understand from a friend whose very into british music that when he's not too drugged up to function Doherty is quite the poet.

As for Beckham, overall his big arrival in the US to turn soccer into a competitor for football, baseball, and basketball and hockey has pretty much been a bunch of overblown hype. Add to that that he can't even play and it pretty much looks like he got the check and is laughing all the way to the bank, while the Galaxy owner just looks like an idiot.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Last Man Standing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsong View Post
Add to that that he can't even play and it pretty much looks like he got the check and is laughing all the way to the bank, while the Galaxy owner just looks like an idiot.
I heard with the increased shirt sales, crowds etc theyd almost made thier money back. Once hes properly fit I'm sure he'll run rings round that league (which wont be difficult).

As for Jon yeh hes right about Robbie, Oasis and Pete.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:25 PM
Jovi Geek

Yep, now that I've read the actual interview (posted on backstage) as suspected the Sun, contactmusic, etc, have simply lifted the quotes without the proper context of the questions he was asked. He was asked specific questions about these people and whether or not they were famous in the US. He's actually not mean to Beckham at all in the FULL, answer.

Pretty sad if you ask me, that they just print the quotes as if he's just randomly spewing about these people so he'll look like an asshole.

deb
Old 09-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Jovi FANatic

That may be, but he's still an idiot because once again an owner paid outrageous money for an over hyped, over paid, under performing athelete.
I have no doubt that Beckham would rather be out on the field, playing with his team, he seems like a sincere guy, but until he goes out and has a great season and proves he still has it, his team s owner looks like a guy that bet on a lame horse.

You all probably don't follow baseball, but until this season Alex Rodriguez who is the third baseman for the NY Yankees has been in the same boat. Richest contract in baseball history and for various reasons he has never lived up to his potential in NY. He's finally having a great season and if the Yankees can make the playoffs and if ARod doesn't choke in the playoffs, he has a habit of not playing well in the post season, he may finally get the approval of Yankee fans, who may actually start to call him one of their own.