What’s next for BJ

General BJ Discussion

Old 05-29-2022, 10:50 PM
Dry County

Default What’s next for BJ

So …

Jon’t can’t sing anymore
Reviews for the last “tour” were not good
2020 was a terrible album (I love BITW, but that’s it)
I don’t feel that Jon has anything left to say that could inspire him to at least release a decent album …

What’s next for this band ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-29-2022, 11:22 PM
Breakout

Maybe they should try some AVATAR shows like ABBA did few days ago where they will look and sounds like in 1995-96. It will be still watchable and listenable than real 2022 tour.
Old 05-30-2022, 12:23 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Nik View Post
Maybe they should try some AVATAR shows like ABBA did few days ago where they will look and sounds like in 1995-96. It will be still watchable and listenable than real 2022 tour.
I don't think there's demand and/or the manpower/money to do that though
Old 05-30-2022, 01:18 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

To me, the correlation between an album being bad/not selling well is pretty inconsequential to what they do next. It's all about the demand for live shows. Once that goes away, they're boned.

From my point of view, 2020 (at least the original incarnation) has been the better received albums of the last few in the fanbase.
Old 05-30-2022, 03:24 AM
Jovi Fan

Album sales are irrelevant these days for established old acts. They might do them as a hobby for years and years or we might never see one again. It completely depends if they want to do an album, if they want to write songs for it.

It's a long and winding road to a legacy act and they are already on the way. The chance for another hit are practically non existant. Rock is about as relevant in pop culture as jazz was when BJ was the hottest thing on earth. The chance of genuine new fans - young fans - is closing in on zero. There are some, of course, due to the massive massive legacy but new songs if there are any won't be it.

Am I being pessimistic? No, I don't think so. Legacy acts are completely fine in my opinion. They serve the fans like us just fine. Pessimistic is: It's the end due to the voice issues of Jon. It could be largely solved with backing singers that wouldn't be too much of a distraction with an act as big as BJ. Vince Neil who never could sing live used them and got away with it. Or it's the end due to the disinterest of Jon. That one couldn't be solved.

Optimistic: Richie who seems better these days joins back in, Jon's voice therapy works at least a bit and they get a trio of good back up singers on stage and go on and make a bloody good tour out of it all. Damn that would be nice. And I would not give a single fak even if some papers would call them a "legacy act".

Last edited by QUceK1WV8; 05-30-2022 at 03:26 AM..
Old 05-30-2022, 05:58 AM
Next 100 Posts

There isn't really much the band can do these except continue with the same old cycle of touring and releasing album flops. Bon Jovi's star power just isn't as strong as it used to be. I've noticed that media interest in the band seems to have dwindled since the end of BWC era, even when they put out THINFS and announced the following tour the hype and press interest just wasn't as big as it used to be i.e Lost Highway, The Circle and What About Now.

The only way the band will ever reach the heights they once did is if they collaborate and release a record with one of current newer artists like Adele or Harry Styles etc

I hate to say it but BON JOVI reached nostalgia status long ago.
Old 05-30-2022, 06:33 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiccritic101 View Post
There isn't really much the band can do these except continue with the same old cycle of touring and releasing album flops. Bon Jovi's star power just isn't as strong as it used to be. I've noticed that media interest in the band seems to have dwindled since the end of BWC era, even when they put out THINFS and announced the following tour the hype and press interest just wasn't as big as it used to be i.e Lost Highway, The Circle and What About Now.

The only way the band will ever reach the heights they once did is if they collaborate and release a record with one of current newer artists like Adele or Harry Styles etc

I hate to say it but BON JOVI reached nostalgia status long ago.
That would be around the time they lost their label deal and everything that comes with it (in-house PR departments, marketing, promo budgets, social media). Lack of interest didn't help but it's not like the band was doing much to keep the big appearances going.
Old 06-04-2022, 06:49 AM
Runaway

We had a long way run from 2000 to 2011. The best years of my adult life.

That 2011 Hyde Park concert was the highest point of that decade.

From that (specially since Richie's departure) nothing were the same again. Good times, but, different.

Now, Bon Jovi reached 'nostalgia' status. I am not seeing any future for this band. I insist Jon should retire, or at least, release only studio albums.
When we were us...
Old 06-09-2022, 02:48 PM
Livin' on a Post

Id prefer him going solo.
I do not see a point in continuing with "the band" anymore
After latest tour im afraid he's done selling arenas...
His voice problems are concerning matter so those need to be taken care of first obviously.