Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 05-24-2020, 03:57 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
They did adjust and did a fantastic job with Its My Life... one last time, new song, national TV, they just weren't ready for it.
Ie. Couldn't be bothered to put the work in....

Anyways, yes, moving on....

Quote:
Go watch the the entire interview, you'll end up walking away 80% happier. I'm not being sarcastic either. The guy has that addictive happiness.
I'm already 100% as happy as can be! Thank anyways.

I will watch it when I have time
Old 05-24-2020, 04:01 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Ie. Couldn't be bothered to put the work in....

Anyways, yes, moving on....

I'm already 100% as happy as can be! Thank anyways.

I will watch it when I have time
Not 100% confident in the technology and they had a deadline.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2020, 07:48 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Not 100% confident in the technology and they had a deadline.
There's nothing complicated about doing it. You don't even have to use Zoom. Anyone that knows how to record and mix audio could do it. I'm sure that John Shanks could do the audio with his eyes closed. Anyone with any basic video editing software can edit the video to the audio in 20 minutes. There is really nothing complicated about it at all.

So then it's just a case of learning the parts for the song, which is where it really all falls apart, as they didn't want to learn it and opted for the easy option. They are all professional musicians and all knew the song, so learning it should not be a problem for a band of their calibre. All the parts are recorded seperately, so they don't have to play together and it can be done in multiple takes. It's all second nature to experienced recording artists.

There's probably people on this board that have no real expertise in music or IT, but could have pulled it off successfully. It's all just excuses and all translates to "they couldn't be bothered" IMHO.

Let's just agree to disagree. But yeah, moving on (again).

Last edited by Thinny; 05-24-2020 at 10:35 PM..
Old 05-24-2020, 09:49 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
There's nothing complicated about doing it. You don't even have to use Zoom. Anyone that knows how to record and mix audio could do it. I'm sure that John Shanks is an could do the audio with his eyes closed. Anyone with any basic video editing software can edit the video to the audio in 20 minutes. There is really nothing complicated about it at all.

So then it's just a case of learning the parts for the song, which is where it really all falls apart, as they didn't want to learn it and opted for the easy option. They are all professional musicians and all knew the song, so learning it should not be a problem for a band of their calibre. All the parts are recorded seperately, so they don't have to play together and it can be done in multiple takes. It's all second nature to experienced recording artists.

There's probably people on this board that have no real expertise in music or IT, but could have pulled it off successfully. It's all just excuses and all translates to "they couldn't be bothered" IMHO.

Let's just agree to disagree. But yeah, moving on (again).
Just Stop... you don't know the details. You don't know how much time they had. Two guys had the corona virus, Jon was working on Soul Kitchen stuff...You're speaking so matter of fact like you know everything that's required for a national television program. These guys are basically in their 60s. They went with a safe option during a quarantine for a brand new song that require over production.

They are human, they are rock stars. They are not computer nerds.

Old 05-24-2020, 10:35 PM
Something for the Posts

Talking

I've moved on. You should too.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:25 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

I want to move on and this to be done but.....computer nerds? It's recording audio. In a studio. Like they do for a living. I'm all for admitting we don't know the behind the scenes of how the decision was made if you're ready to admit you don't quite now how these videos work and are just hoping they tried their best. If you record music for a living you don't need a computer nerd to figure this out and if you're in a major rock band with a hundred people at your disposal, they do this stuff and it's easy. Please let's move on.

Last edited by Captain_jovi; 05-25-2020 at 05:29 AM..
Old 05-25-2020, 05:57 AM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
I want to move on and this to be done but.....computer nerds? It's recording audio. In a studio. Like they do for a living. I'm all for admitting we don't know the behind the scenes of how the decision was made if you're ready to admit you don't quite now how these videos work and are just hoping they tried their best. If you record music for a living you don't need a computer nerd to figure this out and if you're in a major rock band with a hundred people at your disposal, they do this stuff and it's easy. Please let's move on.
You sound like the guy who says that the kids of today are great with computers because they could navigate through a smart phone and download apps. It doesn't mean that they could build a Marco database in Excel.

Same thing here. It's different technology. Everette didn't say they were totally lost and it will never happen... He just said (paraphrase) that they need to adapt.

You're used to doing the same thing for 35 years and then they throw something different at you, it's an adjustment. Not just with the technology but also 7 guys recording live from their homes.

He made it sound like they experimented with Its My Life. Dave kicked it off blah blah blah. Sure a piano, acoustic guitar, drums, and vocal seem pretty basic...

In all fairness, they are a little behind because two members of the band had to recover from the Corona Virus.. While Jon was waiting, he was off doing his thing with the Do What You Can project, interviews, other solo charity gig's and volunteering his time at the Soul Kitchen.

The band probably regrouped a couple weeks ago and are now playing catch-up.

I'm not sure why this is so hard for you or anyone to understand.

Old 05-25-2020, 01:09 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Replies like these make me wonder if people actually read the things posted on here. They do playback presentations because TV shows don't provide circumstances that allow live performances. A performance recorded at home does. So unlike what some people seem to think there is no need to do a playback performance.

Is it really that hard to understand?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
The truth is that....yes,I read the things posted here,yes,I know that people posted the same as me me pages prior that my post.
So,are you telling me that I cant post what I think just bcause other people wrote the same?
MADRID-22/5/2003 / MILTON KEYNES-10 & 11/6/2006 / LONDON-24/6/2007 / STUTTGART-29/5/2008 / BARCELONA-1/6/2008 / LONDON-27 & 28/6/2008 / NEW JERSEY-26 & 27/5/2010 / MADRID-4/6/2010 / PARIS-16/6/2010 / MADRID-6/11/2010 / DRESDEN-10/6/2011 / MUNICH-12/6/2011 / ZEEBRUGGE-24/7/2011 / BARCELONA-27/7/2011 / SAN SEBASTIAN-29/7/2011 / LISBON-31/7/2011 / RICHIE SAMBORA-LONDON-16/10/12 / BERLIN-18/6/13 / KOLN-22/6/13 / MADRID-27/6/13 / MILANO-29/6/13 / LIVERPOOL-19/6/19 / LONDON-21/6/19 / MADRID-7/7/19
Old 05-25-2020, 01:12 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielC View Post
I think they just care for Limitless as little as we do.
Thats the point.
MADRID-22/5/2003 / MILTON KEYNES-10 & 11/6/2006 / LONDON-24/6/2007 / STUTTGART-29/5/2008 / BARCELONA-1/6/2008 / LONDON-27 & 28/6/2008 / NEW JERSEY-26 & 27/5/2010 / MADRID-4/6/2010 / PARIS-16/6/2010 / MADRID-6/11/2010 / DRESDEN-10/6/2011 / MUNICH-12/6/2011 / ZEEBRUGGE-24/7/2011 / BARCELONA-27/7/2011 / SAN SEBASTIAN-29/7/2011 / LISBON-31/7/2011 / RICHIE SAMBORA-LONDON-16/10/12 / BERLIN-18/6/13 / KOLN-22/6/13 / MADRID-27/6/13 / MILANO-29/6/13 / LIVERPOOL-19/6/19 / LONDON-21/6/19 / MADRID-7/7/19
Old 05-25-2020, 01:37 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
The truth is that....yes,I read the things posted here,yes,I know that people posted the same as me me pages prior that my post.
So,are you telling me that I cant post what I think just bcause other people wrote the same?
You can post whatever you want. But the point you're trying to make is useless as it's been explained several times before that you're comparing apples to oranges.

I've driven on loads of highways before going straight. I then wind up on a curvy road through the Italian alps. I don't insist on driving straight there as well "because I've done it before". The circumstances are different, so you adjust your driving.

An artist does a playback performance for a TV show because the circumstances don't allow a live performance. But the circumstances are completely different, so suddenly there is room for a live performance. And you then jump in saying "They've done playback before". Yes. We know. But that's not the point.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Tags
2020 (album)