Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Use Your Illusion-era GnīR re-union?

Other Bands

Old 02-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Jovi Freak

Default Use Your Illusion-era GnīR re-union?

Taken from melodicrock.com

COULD THE ILLUSION ERA GUNS N ROSES LINE-UP REALLY RETURN?:

Is the impossible actually being considered? Rumors of a Guns N Roses re-union appear to be gathering strength. It all started at British photographer/journalist Ross Halfin's website when he stated that the original Guns N' Roses lineup would get back together in June to play at the Download Festival in England, with Metallica also lined up to play. That comment was soon withdrawn.

Posted was: "I have to write some copy this weekend on Guns 'N Roses for a feature to go with my photos. My mind is blank at the moment. The thing is if you tell the truth it sets off too many wars, or egos way out of control. The original line-up is supposed to play Download in June with their metal chums, Metallica, if Lars can be bothered to turn up."

Now this - on the official
Cult message board, frontman Ian Astbury has responded to a post asking after the possible 2006 touring line-up for The Cult. His response: "I love Matt he is a sweetheart..........Velvet Revolver Guns and Roses rumoured return W/SLASH and AXL .......Hey the Cult can barly contain Billy and Myself......But we will have a SHITHOT band for you so patience please."

So
Use Your Illusion drummer Matt Sorum appears too busy for Cult duties it seems! Whether this will happen, if it will be a one-off performance or where this will leave the Chinese Democracy release and new Velvet Revolver releases are all questions to be answered in the coming weeks.

Looks more like somebodyīs wet dream. Slash has said that itīs never going to happen, but who knows. Just a rumour for now. Although it makes you wonder why the post was removed from Ross Halfinīs page. Was it because it was a lie, or could it be it might actually be happening?

Old 02-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Jovi Freak

Would that line-up include Izzy?
Old 02-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Tokyo Road

Erm ... I feel that Matt Sorum being busy is not conclusive evidence in the slightest considering Velvet Revolver are supposed to have a new album out this year ...

It won't happen

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Next 100 Posts

I don't believe that G'N'R are going to reunite,with all that tension between Slash and Axl...no...that's really a wish that will never come true.I really love them,they are second after Bon Jovi,but no.
But I really like to see that magic going on.When they separated,I was 2-3 years old and you know,I want to see that"You wanna some Guns and ****in' Roses?Are you ready?"Wow,that really rocks!
Old 02-10-2006, 01:41 PM
Keep the Faith

Wink

Let me know when tickets for the reunion tour are confirmed...
Old 02-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Tokyo Road

I'd be extremely annoyed if they do play Download. I'm already annoyed that Metallica are playing it and I can't go cos its the same weekend as BJ at Wembley

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 02-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi girl
I don't believe that G'N'R are going to reunite,with all that tension between Slash and Axl...no...that's really a wish that will never come true.I really love them,they are second after Bon Jovi,but no.
But I really like to see that magic going on.When they separated,I was 2-3 years old and you know,I want to see that"You wanna some Guns and ****in' Roses?Are you ready?"Wow,that really rocks!
Axl said they talked on the phone...him and Slash I mean. That's something!
Old 02-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon
Axl said they talked on the phone...him and Slash I mean. That's something!
Wow was there a news bulletin for this historic event on CNN??
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3
Old 02-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Yeah I heard Slash and Axl talked on the phone, but they could be good mates again and it still wouldn't happen unless Scott Weiland goes off the rails which more than likely won't happen. After Velvet Revolver's Contraband I don't want Slash, Duff and Matt going anywhere cause that album is just superb, can't wait for the follow up this year.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:30 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
"I have to write some copy this weekend on Guns 'N Roses for a feature to go with my photos. My mind is blank at the moment.
translation: "uuhh my mind is blank at the moment so I guess I'll just go ahead and make some shit up"

If there's gonna be a gnr playing at download it will be Axl's tribute band, not the original band.
There have been plenty of rumours that Chinese Democracy will be released this year, why would Axl record an album without the original guns and then reunite with them, does he have that little faith in the songs he's worked on for the last god knows how many years??
So I highly doube any of this will be happening.