Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Secret Dreams.... so underrated

General BJ Discussion

Old 06-11-2022, 08:26 PM
Undiscovered Posts

Default Secret Dreams.... so underrated

This is such an awesome song. I've searched but can't find any live performances. Have they ever played this live?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Old 06-11-2022, 08:29 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragula View Post
This is such an awesome song. I've searched but can't find any live performances. Have they ever played this live?

Probably no, at least theres no live recordings of it. Only song Tico Torres ever got writing credit. Thats really odd! He mustve contributed quite a lot....considering Hugh got no credit at all for his huge bass lines!
Old 06-11-2022, 08:55 PM
Jovi Freak

Pretty good song; I remember liking it a lot when I first got the album. Does anybody know who Bill Grabowski is?
Old 06-11-2022, 09:17 PM
Runaway

It is also one of my favourite Jovi songs, unfortunately it never had a live performance as far as I know. But we still have no setlist info on Sapporo 1985
Old 06-12-2022, 12:24 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

I love it! I believe that with better production, it would be a great song (that actually applies to the whole album). Another weird track I love is Price Of Love, dunno why, I just do.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 06-12-2022, 12:42 AM
Price of posting

A treasure. Such an underrated album, love the riffs and guitar work, Jon's passion singing every damn song with that great energy all over the record.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:38 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
I love it! I believe that with better production, it would be a great song (that actually applies to the whole album). Another weird track I love is Price Of Love, dunno why, I just do.
It's all about the pre-chorus with that one!! What they started with Runaway and shot through the heart continued to get better with Price of Love and by Prayer they perfected it. This band has amazing pre-choruses on a lot of songs....
Old 06-12-2022, 10:00 AM
Undiscovered Posts

The Hardest Part Is The Night is another gem. That album was pretty awesome. I wish they would have played more of those earlier songs over the years.

Old 06-12-2022, 01:31 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
It's all about the pre-chorus with that one!! What they started with Runaway and shot through the heart continued to get better with Price of Love and by Prayer they perfected it. This band has amazing pre-choruses on a lot of songs....

True! Actually strong part c on price of love too! The one before solo starting with drums+gtr only!

I always cherish how masterfully prayer is crafted! Its got evrything and to me its maybe the best song of the 80s altogether! Every part, every note, every instrument is perfect! Talk about perfect production! And Sambora plays Hugh`s bass line as guitar solo -> brilliant!!
Old 06-12-2022, 04:59 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny View Post
Musically, Price of Love is probably my fav of the album just behind The Hardest Part is the Night, but man... "a master in the art of romance" or "practicing his love lies he runs to his wife and you're left holding the knife"... those are some rough lyrics.

On the other hand, the mention of telephone calls seems super early 80s. Seemed to be a hip thing to mention back then. It's fun!

Tags
7800° fahrenheit, secret dreams