Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

2020: The New Album

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 10-01-2019, 11:39 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfan View Post
I just can't get excited about new music, knowing how awful it will sound live. And I honestly don't think I could take another tour with Shanks.
Me neither. Besides murdering solos, he has a very negative stage presence. I know nothing about the guy, he may as well be the coolest and best person in the world, but he gives me the creeps.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:43 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
Me neither. Besides murdering solos, he has a very negative stage presence. I know nothing about the guy, he may as well be the coolest and best person in the world, but he gives me the creeps.
He is very creepy.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 10-03-2019, 01:15 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by efpg0708 View Post
Everything related to WAN felt wrong to me. Jon announced by the end of 2011 that there was going to be a long break. Then all of a sudden he announced an album and tour. It felt as if he missed earning some money and wrote some songs on a rush and called it an album. The production is horrendous. Apart from I’m with you, it’s garbage. It clearly shows that Jon had nothing to write about. Then came the first show, and it started with: Bad Name, LH and WLOL. No acoustic set anymore, with Wild is the Wind just thrown in there. The whole thing felt just like a cash grab quickly put together.

I have the same feeling about this next album.

WAN is the album that was forced on the band by Jon in order to stay top of the tour earners list and (attempted) buying of that American Football team.
It’s a huge reason why Richie left/was fired/fell off wagon as he wasn’t mentally ready.
The album has some good songs but thrown together. You can tell that as it includes Jon’s (awful) solo stuff and Richie’s to pad it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 10-03-2019, 04:10 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

If we're talking about Every Road Leads Home To You being lazily tacked on, I don't think I'd consider it padding if it's a bonus track. I often wonder how that arrangement came to be (a record he didn't have a ton to do with compared to the previous batch fearing his solo song)
Old 10-03-2019, 10:22 AM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
If we're talking about Every Road Leads Home To You being lazily tacked on, I don't think I'd consider it padding if it's a bonus track. I often wonder how that arrangement came to be (a record he didn't have a ton to do with compared to the previous batch fearing his solo song)
Its just so out of place. I dont mind the song but like Jons 2 songs they dont fit.
Its like they said we need something pad this out but have nothing left..I know lets stick 3 out of place songs on the end.
The whole album just seems so rushed. If JBJ wanted to get back on the road this shouldve been his solo album. I doubt any of the band members played on it anyway. It sounds really manufactured. The "Burn With Me" leak showed how computerized the whole thing sounds before a bit of touching up here and there.
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Old 10-03-2019, 02:08 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
The only thing that makes sense is that Every Road was included along with Jon's songs because, as we've discussed, Jon had originally intended to do songs from Stand Up Guys and let Richie continue his promotion of Aftermath on the tour. But Jon apparently reneged, for whatever reason, which now makes it look like the songs were randomly added for no good reason.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:24 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
Its just so out of place. I dont mind the song but like Jons 2 songs they dont fit.
Its like they said we need something pad this out but have nothing left..I know lets stick 3 out of place songs on the end.
The whole album just seems so rushed. If JBJ wanted to get back on the road this shouldve been his solo album. I doubt any of the band members played on it anyway. It sounds really manufactured. The "Burn With Me" leak showed how computerized the whole thing sounds before a bit of touching up here and there.
In defense of Burn With Me and it's electric drums, it sounds like it was in the rougher demo stages prior to the addition of organic instruments. I have no reason to think that's how it would have sounded had it made the album.

But you're right, it's a pretty lifeless album bandwise. I hear Richie here and there, tough to know what is Dave's synths and what's not. Shades of Tico here and there but confident enough it's Hugh so that's....something haha.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:12 AM
Jovi FANatic

If WAN had come out in 2014 or 2015, it could have been a better album. So many good song ideas with awful execution and horrible production. Pictures of You and I'm With You should have been huge songs, but end up a mess with the bad production. I think is the worst job from Shanks.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:00 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
Uh oh -- in view of the name of the previous Bon Jovi album, Jon is either going blind, or he knows that the world is going to end next year!
Asteroid Headed Towards Earth In 2020, May Cause Human Extinction
NASA (the United States National Aeronautics and Space Administration) warned that one of the biggest and most dangerous asteroids it has detected is moving towards Earth. If this massive asteroid ends up on a collision course with the planet, it could trigger an extinction-level event...
Well, what do you know?

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 10-17-2019 at 02:34 AM..
Old 10-10-2019, 03:59 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielC View Post
If WAN had come out in 2014 or 2015, it could have been a better album. So many good song ideas with awful execution and horrible production. Pictures of You and I'm With You should have been huge songs, but end up a mess with the bad production. I think is the worst job from Shanks.
Agree.

I think I must've had my cup of tea spiked yesterday as I listened to LH, WAN & THINFS all the way through while at work.

WAN still stands out to me as the "potentially" the my fav album out of those 3 (minus about 5 songs) but whole album sounds rushed (not to mention poor production). Even the pauses in songs aren't long enough (example Room at the edge of the world - theres a couple of places where the pause needs to be a second longer but isnt).

THINFS - Wasn't as bad as I feared. Still not a fan of most it. Scars...is the worst song on the album which is ironic as it has the best title. Devil in Temple is let down by lack of guitars which is odd considering how it starts. That song needs a killer solo and killer outro.
Oddly I found myself singing away to Come on up to our House on the way when I was listening it in car on way to gym.

But the production lets 99% of these songs down. Thanks Shanks.

Tags
2020 (album)