Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Tommy Reissue Set For Release This Month

Other Bands

Old 10-21-2003, 05:23 PM
It's my post

Default Tommy Reissue Set For Release This Month

There are only a few good rock operas worth experiencing, including Pink Floyd's The Wall, The Rocky Horror Picture Show and the one that started it all, The Who's Tommy. If you've only listened to Tommy on vinyl or your average CD, The Who suggests you experience their 1969 rock opus in a new re-released version. The album will be released on October 28th as a deluxe, double-CD, featuring Surround Sound and extra outtakes, original demo recordings and some alternative versions of a few of the songs. Here's what Townshend has to say about his baby called Tommy: "To be able to listen to Tommy in what is master quality audio, just as Roger, Keith and I did in the studio so many years ago, is a special experience -- and completely new for fans of The Who and the album . This is what Tommy was meant to sound like, and I couldn't be happier that the public will finally hear it the way it was intended." Tommy has sold over two million copies in the U.S. and was made into an outlandish movie in 1975, starring Eric Clapton, Elton John and Tina Turner.

its just a really great record.