Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Top 50 best Bon Jovi songs ever. Polish fans' choice

General BJ Discussion

Old 04-06-2024, 11:49 AM
Keep the Faith

Default Top 50 best Bon Jovi songs ever. Polish fans' choice

We have just released the results of the voting for the Top50 best Bon Jovi songs ever. The vote was cast by 50 fans from Poland. This is the second edition, the first took place in 2019. It is part of the Polish celebrations of the band's 40th anniversary. The video can be viewed in the attached link. We invite you to watch and comment.

We are curious about your opinions:
1. Were you surprised by the list or did you rather expect it?
2. What songs are missing?
3. Are there any songs in your country that would be definitely higher on the list?

TOP50:
https://youtu.be/JmENjZOOJvE

Old 04-06-2024, 04:35 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonJovi100 View Post
We have just released the results of the voting for the Top50 best Bon Jovi songs ever. The vote was cast by 50 fans from Poland. This is the second edition, the first took place in 2019. It is part of the Polish celebrations of the band's 40th anniversary. The video can be viewed in the attached link. We invite you to watch and comment.

3. Are there any songs in your country that would be definitely higher on the list?

TOP50:
1. Yes. Apparantly, people in Poland think songs like Because We Can and Knockout are better than most of what the band has released in the eighties. These songs are apparantly fan favourites now?
2. I'm surprised I Believe, Have A Nice Day, songs of Bounce, I'll Sleep When I'm Dead and most of New Jersey didn't make the list.
3. I can't imagine anyone putting anything of the past 3 albums in the list. Then again, most of Bon Jovi's fanbase, or what's left of it, is easy to please. One Wild Night would probably make it in there, the song was pretty big in Europe.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 04-06-2024, 04:48 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:

TOP50:
So this is a list of top50 Bon Jovi songs, voted by 50 random Polish fans of the band? It's far too low a number of votes to be representantive
Old 04-06-2024, 10:27 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

1. Yes. Apparantly, people in Poland think songs like Because We Can and Knockout are better than most of what the band has released in the eighties. These songs are apparantly fan favourites now?
2. I'm surprised I Believe, Have A Nice Day, songs of Bounce, I'll Sleep When I'm Dead and most of New Jersey didn't make the list.
3. I can't imagine anyone putting anything of the past 3 albums in the list. Then again, most of Bon Jovi's fanbase, or what's left of it, is easy to please. One Wild Night would probably make it in there, the song was pretty big in Europe.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
"Because We Can" was quite popular in poland. The song gained a lot of fans after the concert in Gdansk where it performed very well and fans have a fondness for it.

Knokout and for me is a surprise. The absence of "I Believe" shocks me the most.

"One Wild Night" was on the 2019 list. Now it has not gained approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi_cro View Post
So this is a list of top50 Bon Jovi songs, voted by 50 random Polish fans of the band? It's far too low a number of votes to be representantive
No no no. This was a vote of the 50 most diehard Bon Jovi fans who are still active and listening to the band. The list is very similar to the one released in 2019 (88 people voted then), which may indicate that the list is quite representative of Bon Jovi fans.

If voted by people who know Bon Jovi only from the radio then "Livin" would be fighting for the victory with "IML" and "Always". "Bad Name" would be in the top spot and "Dry County" would probably fall outside the Top 20.
Therefore, the list illustrates the taste of fans who have been with the band for a long time and still actively listen to the band.
Old 04-06-2024, 10:49 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:

No no no. This was a vote of the 50 most diehard Bon Jovi fans who are still active and listening to the band. The list is very similar to the one released in 2019 (88 people voted then), which may indicate that the list is quite representative of Bon Jovi fans.

If voted by people who know Bon Jovi only from the radio then "Livin" would be fighting for the victory with "IML" and "Always". "Bad Name" would be in the top spot and "Dry County" would probably fall outside the Top 20.
Therefore, the list illustrates the taste of fans who have been with the band for a long time and still actively listen to the band.
I see, I understand. Do you have perhaps any additional data of voters? Like, when they started listening to the band? Perhaps newer (diehard) fans are easier to pick modern Jovi songs as favourites?

Tags
bon jovi, hits, polish, top 50, top50