Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Next tour /Album

General BJ Discussion

Old 01-30-2021, 12:34 PM
Jovi FANatic

Default The Next tour /Album

Anybody still believe the next tour will be to promote 2020 or a brand new album ? What are peoples expectations . I do believe Jon has picked up a pen again and started to write again.

What can we expect musically, a continuation of the sound of 2020 , with maybe a slightly harder edge ? After the flop that it was , will he play it safe ?

http://www.facebook.com/eddie.bland

Old 01-30-2021, 02:46 PM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Good questions. I think 2020 is cursed by the year it was released. It doesn't make any sense to promote it by a tour in 2022 which is the earliest the band can go on tour.

Knowing Jon, I guess he wouldn't like to tour without an album to promote so a random tour won't probably happen. But who knows.

Maybe a few songs will stay in the setlist of a possible future tour. Unfortunately all the decent songs will be dated. So let's see if that will stop Jon from performing them live. I'm afraid that Limitless is one of those which might appear but that's total garbage.

I wish they did more now with the current album - release some footage from recording, some online shows, whatever. Then I guess they'll move on to the next one.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights
Old 01-30-2021, 04:14 PM
Keep the Faith

Anybody still believe they will be touring again?
I don't know...the THINFS-Tour being tough for Jon (remember all those cancelled shows due to him being ill), the 2020 album having tanked badly, Hugh turning 70 this year, Tico turning 70 in 2 years...
I wouldn't be surprised if they take the Covid-pandemic as a wake up call to enjoy their sunset years as long as they are able to and hence stop touring.
Old 01-30-2021, 04:55 PM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

I can't see us getting a proper full on tour again. Not even like THINFS.

As stated above, they aren't getting younger and a few shows got cancelled last time. Now with everything going on in the world, who knows when they'll be able to announce a tour, let alone perform.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 01-30-2021, 08:05 PM
Jovi Fan

Touring 2020 is definitely out of the question. By the time touring is back on the cards, it will not longer be that relevant.

However I think that Jon still believes in that album, style and subject matter. And it was the only album I remember from the past few years, that garnered quite a few positive, professional critical comments. Therefore, I would not be surprised if we get something in a similar vein in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-30-2021, 08:30 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
Anybody still believe they will be touring again?
I don't know...the THINFS-Tour being tough for Jon (remember all those cancelled shows due to him being ill), the 2020 album having tanked badly, Hugh turning 70 this year, Tico turning 70 in 2 years...
I wouldn't be surprised if they take the Covid-pandemic as a wake up call to enjoy their sunset years as long as they are able to and hence stop touring.
They might give it another shot with a smaller US leg in arenas, but I actually wouldn't count on them going to tour stadiums across the world again.
One has to keep in mind the end of last tour which is sometimes forgotten. There, the setlist fell down to 17 songs which Jon almost couldn't carry anymore. And who could forget the heartbreaking, voiceless "help me!" in Always.
Maybe they'll scale down to a few selected dates for shows with outrageous ticket prices after the pandemy situation has resolved.
Old 01-30-2021, 08:43 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

It's really a completely different world since the last tour between both the pandemic, the public's waning interest in the band and not being able to get away with inflated album sales. At least before they could hide behind the numbers and say dumb stuff like "this is from our number 1 album, the song you've been hearing on the radio". That's gotta be humbling.
Old 01-31-2021, 10:29 AM
Price of posting

Unless Jon does a complete uturn and writes rock anthems or a producer that challenges him I’m not interested in anything new.
Last 2 albums never get listened too bar the odd track.

Playing Live is a car crash as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wembley Arena 90, Wembley Arena 93, MK Bowl 93, Wembley Stadium 95, MK Bowl 96, Wembley Stadium 00, MK Bowl 01, Hyde Park 03, MK Bowl 06, o2 07, Twickenham 08, o2 10 (x2), Hyde Park 13, London Palladium 16, Wembley 19
Follow me: @iam_emmo
Old 01-31-2021, 10:27 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_horse75 View Post
Unless Jon does a complete uturn and writes rock anthems or a producer that challenges him I’m not interested in anything new.
So I guess you can safely say goodbye to your hopes of hearing any decent new material - Jon will not change/improve anymore, Shanks will be there until the very end, and the albums will therefor obviously continue to be of the exact same formula as well.
Old 01-31-2021, 11:42 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
Maybe they'll scale down to a few selected dates for shows with outrageous ticket prices after the pandemy situation has resolved.
Considering how Jon's barely able to fill a bar on a cruise ship I don't think the demand for those shows is there. Casual fans in America who go see Bon Jovi shows go for the arena spectacle, not for the theater intimacy and they won't be willing to pay well over 500 dollars for a ticket. Jon would have to lower his asking price to make this work.

Ultimately it's Jon's instrument and lack of willingness to mix things up that eventually stops this from happening. While he could rely on the band to cover for him at the start of the This House Is Not For Sale Tour just 2 years later he needed the band to pretty much do his job and was merely there for entertainment value.

Considering how every performance since the tour has been doctored beyond belief there's little reason to believe he has recovered from all of this. If anything, he's gotten worse and there's just no way he'd be able to do an entire gig, let alone a 20 date tour.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan