Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Why are you a bon jovi fan

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-28-2003, 09:55 AM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via AIM to Marijke Send a message via MSN to Marijke
Default Why are you a bon jovi fan

Some of us been around since the beginning, some since crush but we are all jovi fans. But WHY Bon Jovi and not an other band. I am wondering for a long time.
I am curious to your stories.

Mine ofcoure can't be left out.

I grow up with their music, but also with Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Tina Turner and some more. But as a kid I had heart Jovi many time. Then you don't release what it is. When I could I started to like their songs and their music. Normaly a kid likes a band for a couple years and then moves on to the next. I did but the only band that stayed was Jovi. Thier songs have a meaning now, the words and thoughts mean something. The live show are amazing. I was sold after the first time I saw them live. Bon Jovi became a part of my life.

Old 09-28-2003, 10:12 AM
Blaze of Posting

Send a message via ICQ to JOEYKID Send a message via MSN to JOEYKID

im a jovi fan cos one day some guy left a strawberry fields record shop bag in my daddys rsturant and it had KTF in it and i saw it, ran upstairs with it (btw it was after closong time so he wasnt coming back that night lol) and i took it upstairs, played it through, and hated it lol, well it was ok i guess.

ha ha anyways then i think my friend told me to download its my life bout 1 month nbefore it was released and i hated that too lolo but i still had this dudes Cd as he never came back for it, so i go play it again, AND LOVE IT!!!!!

anyways, then i downloaded a few more tracks, then got cross roads AND the ltd JBJ midnight in chelskie digi pack cd single on the same day, came home...fell in love....

btw now KTF is 2nd best close to TD so it shows things grow on you with time. 8 years infact LOL

oh well that was my life story...
An episode to file under "never try again"
I would I were the same...
Old 09-28-2003, 10:17 AM
Jovi Freak

Damn fine music. Thatīs it.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:26 AM
Blaze of Posting

Send a message via ICQ to JOEYKID Send a message via MSN to JOEYKID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stut-The-Finn
Damn fine music. Thatīs it.
lol short and sweet
An episode to file under "never try again"
I would I were the same...
Old 09-28-2003, 11:29 AM
Daja Green

I think I'm just one of these typical since-Crush-fans. I've always known and loved some songs like Bed Of Roses, but never cared from which band they were. I'd also heard of the name Bon Jovi, but didn't know that they belonged to these songs. So it was just my luck that the radio moderator said "that was the new single of Bon Jovi" after I'd heard It's My Life, so when they said "here comes the new Bon Jovi single" some weeks later, I was interested and - surprise - I also liked Say It Isn't So. So I asked my friend what the CD was called on which I would find both songs, she told me, and shortly after that I owned Crush and loved it. That's kind of funny because now it's the only album that I don't like that much anymore - though it's also very great. When Bounce was out, I bought all the other albums of them and the solo records, then I went to concerts... it's really addicting.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:53 AM
Price of posting

Send a message via ICQ to Sambo-Chris Send a message via MSN to Sambo-Chris

Because BJ is the only band where I like the big mayority of songs and where I don't get tired to hear them. Even though I sometimes don't listen to BJ for weeks or longer I always come back to their music.
Old 09-28-2003, 12:08 PM
These Days

Well...let me think... when I was a kid I listened to whatever I could get... I had a cassette with Techno music (uuaarggghhhh), a promo CD with soul music (that was actually my first CD) and then I liked Michael Jackson, the Bad and Thriller stuff. But I guess it was my older brother who saved my taste.

When I heard the Beatles with "Ticket to ride" at the age of 9 or 10 I was so impressed that I said to myself: That's the kind of music I will listen to and play. Then I started to play guitar. My brother also introduced me to Pink Floyd and Guns n' Roses.
But it was a cassette that I found
at a friend's house that had some songs from "Slippery when wet" on it. I remember going on holiday with my parents and playing Livin' on a Prayer and Raise your hands in the car very loud - to "annoy all the neighbours" I then bought cassettes of KTF and the first album, which I liked very much. Keep the Faith, the album, had a deep impact on me and set the direction for the rest of my life. Songs like I believe or In these arms and my all time BJ fave Bed of Roses became close friends.

It's funny because I remember lying in the garden (must have been summer '93 or '94) listening to "Dry County" for the first time expecting a country song. At that age I didn't realize that there was no "r" in "county". How was I surprised!
Then my brother came around, found that cassette of KTF, looked at it and said, "oh, Bon Jovi. Do you know that I once played a song of them with my band?" He then gave me a demo cassette where they played "Wanted dead or alive". Although my brother isn't a big fan - but goes to concerts of BJ - he still says that Bed of Roses is one of the song he wishes to have written himself. Then he showed me songs on the guitar, Prayer, Wanted, bed of Roses, Dry County, Blaze of Glory etc.

The first CD I bought then was "7800° Fahrenheit" at nice price. It was summer, I played it loud and loved it. Then I went to the record store again, asked for Bon Jovi and they sold me a version of KTF with the bonus live disc. Then my brother bought me "New Jersey", took me to my first ever rock concert in 1995, Bon Jovi in Essen and so the story went on.

The first album I bought when it was released was "Crossroad" in autumn 1994. Then I already called myself a fan.

And yes, it's just damn good music. I don't care for Jon's ass, I like them as a band and what they do as a band. Which is just the best music around!
Old 09-28-2003, 02:08 PM
Friends will be friends
Bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris
Because BJ is the only band where I like the big mayority of songs and where I don't get tired to hear them.
That's one reason I like them too. The main thing for me is just the music, whereas a lot of the younger fans (mostly girls) are 'fans' because they're attracted to Jon, which is a stupid reason to like a band.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:19 PM
These Days

I have no ****ing idea...
Old 09-28-2003, 06:27 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Because of the sexy moves Jon makes like the ones on Freddie's avatar.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan