Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Does anybody could explain wha is this?

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-27-2019, 12:49 AM
Jovi Fan

Default Does anybody could explain wha is this?

Hi guys... I was on the internet... and just found this: https://www.discogs.com/Electric-Ang...elease/9347428

anyone has an idea?

thanks

Old 03-27-2019, 09:45 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Wikipedia: Electric Angels was a Los Angeles-based band that relocated...to New York City and were signed to Atlantic Records within five months...(They were) originally managed by...KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick...who also produced a demo for the band...One of the band's original unreleased songs Put the 'EX' in Sex...conveniently (became) the title of a...KISS song...

Jon Bon Jovi was a fan...Bed of Roses...was a tribute to the Angel's True Love and Other Fairy Tales which included the lyrics, "our bed of roses has become a bed of nails"...(He) contributed an endorsement statement to the(ir) promotional tape...
The tape was not for commercial sale -- it went to radio stations in hopes of generating interest in airplay. At the 3:53 mark, the DJ or station manager probably heard something like, "This is Jon Bon Jovi, and I think you ought to play these guys because I think they're awesome!" On the other hand, maybe Jon was just kissing up to them so he could make off with that "bed of roses bed of nails" line -- as far as lyrical ideas, it sure sounds like Electric Angels were influential in more ways than one!

Got Royalty Payments?

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 03-30-2019 at 05:30 PM..