Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Rob Halford Shares Letter of Rejection of Judas Priest by Rock Hall of Fame

Other Bands

Old 12-18-2017, 11:07 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Rob Halford Shares Letter of Rejection of Judas Priest by Rock Hall of Fame

Quote:
Blabbermouth: During a(n)...interview...(at) 100.7 KSLX radio station in Phoenix, Arizona, (Rob) Halford...read the e-mail he received from the Rock Hall formally letting him know that his band would not be inducted in 2018:
"Thank you for embracing your nomination for induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. While you didn't garner enough votes for induction this year, you were part of a very select group of Hall Of Fame nominees.

"Artists are frequently on the ballot multiple times before they are inducted. For example, BLACK SABBATH were nominated eight times before their induction, Patti Smith seven times, Solomon Burke nine times, and both the BEASTIE BOYS and THE YARDBIRDS were on the ballot three times before their respective inductions.

"If you are touring or simply traveling nearby, please visit our museum in Cleveland, Ohio. Our six floors of exhibitions tell the remarkable history of rock and roll and how it changed the world. You're part of that story and we'd love to share it with you.

"Again, congratulations on your nomination.

"My best, Greg Harris, president and CEO of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame."
Asked if he would like to see PRIEST inducted into the Rock Hall, Rob responded: "Personally, I would love it, yeah. I've said it before, I think we deserve it...And beyond that, we just feel that heavy metal music deserves more space on the shelf at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame...I'm hopeful that eventually we'll get some more metal [in there]."

...The public was invited to participate again this year in the fan vote, which drummed up record numbers with more than 6.8 million votes cast. (Of those, 1.1 million were for BON JOVI.)
The Hall sends out rejection letters -- who knew?

Maybe Priest were rejected for a logistical reason: the Hall didn't want them AND Bon Jovi headlining. Maybe the problem is that there isn't enough influential heavy metal representation among the Hall's upper management. (Remember when Jethro Tull defeated Metallica for a hard rock/metal Grammy? The mainstream music journalist voters confessed that Tull's was the only name in the category that they recognized.)

Halford also needs to factor in that Priest have a gay frontman. The Hall may have decided to hold off on Priest until they can "get more metal in there" -- Slayer or Maiden or Ronnie James Dio -- however long it takes.

I voted for Priest along with Bon Jovi on my very first ballot because I felt they were the only ones who deserved it as least as much. But having accomplished the mission of correcting that injustice, I hereby pledge my full support to them -- if only because they're one of the first bands who Bon Jovi opened for!

P.S. If Priest were to visit the Hall, would they be expected to pay admission?

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 03-18-2018 at 03:21 AM..