Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Runaway Tour Sept 23-25 Las Vegas

Tour Discussion

Old 09-27-2018, 11:06 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
I'm standing by my meniere's disease diagnosis.
I can imagine that since his way of moving has changed rapidly since the voice went away which might be due to the typical problems of vertigo that this disease brings.

But I personally think he might have some sort of chronical throat infection. Not the type where he gets hoarse like on the SWW tour, but there are tons of different types of infections. And his talking voice always seems to be on the edge of being slightly hoarse and the way he pronounces and tries to push some notes reminds me strongly of when I have a cold and you try to find ways to work around. Also you typically don't really know how your voice sounds when the throat is infected and hence maybe the insecurity when it comes to reaching notes.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:07 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
I'm standing by my meniere's disease diagnosis.
And how scary is that! I gotta admit that it fits; and it would explain so much. But Jeez, I don't even want to think like that.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:31 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

I checked this disease out and I don't think this is the case at all.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:21 PM
Suddenly

I thought with the price that these trip are setlist always short it like he there get money gone but I don't understand why same people keep going as they must have amazing good jobs but for day and half its not worth it also I'm not into that disco music they play so its not worth it for me .as long as very rich people are paying he keep putting price up .I sometimes wonder when or were will it end
Old 10-07-2018, 06:38 PM
Breakout

This is not any form of disease, this is just straight forward vocal chord issues. In 2007 he had a return to form with the voice and kept that form until 2013. When he started loosing his top range, he went Nasal and was bringing in bad singing techniques to hit the notes. These bad techniques over a couple of years have simply caught up. Lack of timing, is because he can't trust his instrument anymore (His Voice) so his over thinking the songs causing slight pauses making his timing sound off. As your singing the song, imagine thinking, am I going to hit that note, and bang, your concentration is gone and you end up with a bum sounding note slightly out of time.

He sticks to the Microphone for concentration when he knows his voice is off form and tries to get the performance sounding as good as it can with what he has got.

Yeah there have been a couple of shows on the last leg our the tour where there has been mini return to some level of form, allowing him to move around more, but thats not going to be the norm.

6 Years from 2007 trying to sing the songs like he was still 26 years old, together with Poor Singing Technique later on have brought you to what we see today.

Just enjoy the man for what he has got, because a 70% Jon is still better than most of the crap out their these days, but I understand when the reviews and all the fans goto a show and think, never again, that's the time he maybe should call it a day and announce a farewell tour. Personally I think that will happen within the next 4 years on current form unless something drastically improves.

Mabs
Old 10-12-2018, 04:43 AM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabsey View Post
Just enjoy the man for what he has got, because a 70% Jon is still better than most of the crap out their these days.

Mabs
Really now? Show me the crap out their days that sounds worse than Jon.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
Old 10-12-2018, 04:28 PM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

Really now? Show me the crap out their days that sounds worse than Jon.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
https://youtu.be/4KK8AzjNOww

There you go

Last edited by BJFan99; 10-12-2018 at 04:32 PM..
Old 10-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJFan99 View Post
I knew which band you were gonna come up with before loading the video However, I gotta say that I saw them live last year and while there's no discussion that Paul's voice is shot to pieces, they manage it to put on an exciting show by having a lot of gimmicks in there that distract from it. Paul flying over the crowd, the band members rising over the stage and above the audiences on platforms, a lot of pyro added. Would be great for the average concert goer at a Jovi show to have some of it as well.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:00 AM
Jovi FANatic

Default Runaway Tour Sept 23-25 Las Vegas

Jon has completely and utterly morphed into someone his younger self would be embarrassed of. These Runaway Tours package’s are disgusting.

They know there are some obsessed fans out there who will pay these crazy prices, so they happily take advantage of that blind devotion. What’s on offer? I’ll hazard a guess....Shit VIP experiences, poor sets, garbage vocals, dialled in performances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2018, 11:26 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
Jon has completely and utterly morphed into someone his younger self would be embarrassed of.
My thoughts exactly.