Home Register Members FAQ

Richie Sambora!!!

General BJ Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 05:51 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
JBJ (a couple weeks ago)."... It was the first time we saw him again. He never called, never explained what happened..."
So riddle me this.

According to Jon, version n.0, the Rock Hall (rehearsal, I presume) was the first time anybody in the band had seen Richie since the Lubbock show. And the last time anybody in the band talked with him was when Richie called Jon from Hawaii and said he'd like to fly up from Cali on show day. And Richie "never called, never explained what happened."

So, knowing Richie's history, did Jon and David just assume, like most everybody else has, that the only possible reason Richie just didn't show up in Calgary had to be his addictions, because 'that's what addicts do'? Or did they, too, hear it from somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who...? Telepathy? 1-900-Psychics-R-Us? I'm open to suggestions...

And why did Jon tell People, in Nov 2016, that "nobody expected Richie to quit in the middle of the night"?

Quote:
But in the wee hours of the night before they were to take the stage, “I got a phone call in our room from Paul Korzilius, our manager. He never calls my room. I go ‘Oh no,’ and he says ‘Yep.’” Sambora would not make that night’s show — or any others since...

“That’s the story,” says Bon Jovi. “There was no fight or money issues, like the reports say. Nobody expected Richie to quit in the middle of the night for no reason..."
https://people.com/music/jon-bon-jov...ving-bon-jovi/

Last edited by JackieBlue; 11-14-2018 at 06:15 AM..
Old 11-14-2018, 09:38 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
And why did Jon tell People, in Nov 2016, that "nobody expected Richie to quit in the middle of the night"?
In a different interview he said it was 3pm on the day of the show they found out Richie wasn't coming - I'm more inclined to believe that as it explains why they couldn't get Phil there in time.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:36 AM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieBlue View Post
According to Jon, version n.0
lol, So there was a rehearsal the day before, Richie didn’t show up but he called to say: “I’d like to come up on the day of the show to get my daughter home and unpack” JBJ said: “Yeah, sure.”
Then, “Richie quits in the middle of the night for no reason”
Then, 3pm on the day of the show they found out Richie wasn't coming.

What is he talking about? He’s being ridiculous >_< jaja
Wait! actually kinda makes sense
And JBJ said it wasn’t alcohol the reason at first interviews because: “I’m never going to bad mouth the guy. He’s a wonderful friend, wonderful collaborator.”
In the meantime Richie: “I feel bad for the fans. It's going to work itself out, it will happen. We rely on each other and I think that's it. It'll all work out in the end.”
Old 11-14-2018, 11:53 AM
Posting everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
In a different interview he said it was 3pm on the day of the show they found out Richie wasn't coming - I'm more inclined to believe that as it explains why they couldn't get Phil there in time.
It's also funny that Jon stated "Paul didn't even have to finish the sentence...". So it couldn't have been that unexpected, some sort of malice between (at least) him and Richie must have been there in the time before.

And Phil was supposed to make it there in time, at least he stated so in an interview. Can't remember the full details, but they either got stuck in traffic and couldn't make to the plance in time or the plance couldn't take off for some reason. It was one of those two, but he was supposed to actually leave the plane and jump right on stage in Calgary that night.
Old 11-14-2018, 12:09 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjovi90 View Post
It's also funny that Jon stated "Paul didn't even have to finish the sentence...". So it couldn't have been that unexpected, some sort of malice between (at least) him and Richie must have been there in the time before.

And Phil was supposed to make it there in time, at least he stated so in an interview. Can't remember the full details, but they either got stuck in traffic and couldn't make to the plance in time or the plance couldn't take off for some reason. It was one of those two, but he was supposed to actually leave the plane and jump right on stage in Calgary that night.
There was trouble with the plane and takeoff was delayed, iirc.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:35 PM
Next 100 Posts

I don't believe Jon's story. 2013 at the BBC show there was a lot of tension between him and Richie. Nothing makes sense that he assumed that Richie wasn't coming only because the manager was calling him and Richie was in perfect form in 2013 so there is no evidence of a drug problem.

Also that they didn't speak after. Jon is a professional that would have made sure that Richie doesn't say anything bad about the band.
I am sure Riche could tell stories about Bon Jovi that would have much interest and he could have used that to promote an album or something. There is no way that Jon lives with that risk.
Also in 2014 Richie played with Hugh and Jon said nobody had ever seen him.

We will never know the real story but what Jon says makes no sense.

Last edited by richiefan95; 11-14-2018 at 01:43 PM..
Old 11-14-2018, 02:23 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Nige

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiefan95 View Post
Also that they didn't speak after. Jon is a professional that would have made sure that Richie doesn't say anything bad about the band.
I am sure Riche could tell stories about Bon Jovi that would have much interest and he could have used that to promote an album or something. There is no way that Jon lives with that risk.
Richie will have a signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement so he won't be allowed to.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:24 PM
Something for the Posts

Jon has always changed his story, based on what agenda he wants to push. He's always been that way, the other band members too, to a lesser extent.

I have no idea why so many people take everything he says as gospel, when we know he has constantly contradicted himself. Either people just believe the story that they choose best fits their ideals, or they are just extremely gullible...

Last edited by Thinny; 11-14-2018 at 02:44 PM..
Old 11-14-2018, 02:25 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

And just because Jon and Richie didn't speak doesn't mean Richie and the band's lawyers didn't. It's incredibly naive to think he walked away and just didn't have any talks with anyone in the organization, especially legal. There were contracts and commitments and physicals and insurance needed for the tours.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:27 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinny View Post
Jon has always changed his story, based on what agenda he wants to push. He's always been that way, the other band members to, to a lesser extent.

I have no idea why so many people take everything he says as gospel, when we know he has constantly contradicted himself. Either people just believe the story that they choose best fits their ideals, or they are just extremely gullible...
Yah but how is saying "I left to spend time with my family" any less of the same to cover up the actual reason?
Closed Thread

Tags
richie sambora