Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Is Jon singing slower?

Tour Discussion

Old 04-20-2017, 06:34 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Yeah saying it's the best quality it's ever been falls somewhere in between. If you're saying it's the best it's ever been for you then no one can say otherwise. If someone is saying they're at their peak it's going to set off some debate. I commend that they're still going and putting on shows people have a blast at but to say they're at their peak is a bit much.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:27 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Facts, not opinions *me likes* BJ are past their peak but so are most of the bands anyway. At least they are not stuck in the 80s and try to reinvent themselves to a different point of success every time they record a new thing. Failed attempts do happen (WAN anyone?) but overall, they still have it.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:51 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
Facts, not opinions *me likes* BJ are past their peak but so are most of the bands anyway. At least they are not stuck in the 80s and try to reinvent themselves to a different point of success every time they record a new thing. Failed attempts do happen (WAN anyone?) but overall, they still have it.
I think WAN was ok, but I would consider it a "low point" musically for them. It was'nt horrible, but I think they were not in there A game, the album to me seemed forced, and personally, I think Jon and Richie were might be having issues already, musically I would think. Richie, to me, was just not into it, but went ahead anyway, but the important thing is now the band has regrouped and focused, whether some here may like this new direction or not, Jon did not give up, neither has David or Tico.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:46 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

Richie didn't give up on music! I'm damn sure he will be on stage as long as he can play the guitar. Whatever issues are hindering the release of his solo album, he's still very much there on stage doing gigs and jamming with friends. I've read countless stories of band members leaving and reuniting with their old bands but they were never out of work. Thank God for Richie's solo stuff, I'm forever grateful for the music.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:01 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveline View Post
Richie didn't give up on music! I'm damn sure he will be on stage as long as he can play the guitar. Whatever issues are hindering the release of his solo album, he's still very much there on stage doing gigs and jamming with friends. I've read countless stories of band members leaving and reuniting with their old bands but they were never out of work. Thank God for Richie's solo stuff, I'm forever grateful for the music.
I didn't mean he gave up music in general, I think he just wasn't happy with the direction of the band was going musically, which led him to leave the band
Old 04-20-2017, 07:21 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Send a message via ICQ to Captain.Crash Send a message via MSN to Captain.Crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa3 View Post
I think WAN was ok, but I would consider it a "low point" musically for them. It was'nt horrible, but I think they were not in there A game, the album to me seemed forced, and personally, I think Jon and Richie were might be having issues already, musically I would think. Richie, to me, was just not into it, but went ahead anyway, but the important thing is now the band has regrouped and focused, whether some here may like this new direction or not, Jon did not give up, neither has David or Tico.
I remember thinking when WAN came out, that there were many articles about JBJ being short the capital to invest in the Buffalo Bills move to Toronto fiasco. NFL doesn't allow companies to have majority ownership in the team and Rogers (Who he teamed up with) as well as the other partner (Larry Tanenbaum) have much more than JBJ's reported $300 Mil net worth. (900m total was short of the reported 1.1B price tag on the franchise)

I always had in the back of my mind that the entire WAN album and tour came out when the band had said a break was coming. It led me to think it might have something to do with JBJ and his net worth.

Im not judging and don't really care either way, but when you think that both Richie and Tico both publically said they didn't want to tour and they still did it. All with the story of JBJ's interest in an NFL team being in the background.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:32 PM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Crash View Post
I remember thinking when WAN came out, that there were many articles about JBJ being short the capital to invest in the Buffalo Bills move to Toronto fiasco. NFL doesn't allow companies to have majority ownership in the team and Rogers (Who he teamed up with) as well as the other partner (Larry Tanenbaum) have much more than JBJ's reported $300 Mil net worth. (900m total was short of the reported 1.1B price tag on the franchise)

I always had in the back of my mind that the entire WAN album and tour came out when the band had said a break was coming. It led me to think it might have something to do with JBJ and his net worth.

Im not judging and don't really care either way, but when you think that both Richie and Tico both publically said they didn't want to tour and they still did it. All with the story of JBJ's interest in an NFL team being in the background.
Its a possiblity, but I was say in retrospect now, maybe this WAN album and tour may have backfired at Jon. Not that I am critizing that he wanted to buy and NFL team, which was a dream of his for a while, but if he would have gone a different way about it, maybe he would have not had to make another record or tour, because I do beleive that David, Tico, and even Richie were not into it at that point. But it is what it is. Jon took the bait and went through some emotional moments because of this, and had to learn some hard lessons, but I think he learned from his mistakes and has moved on.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:12 AM
Jovi Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa3 View Post
Its a possiblity, but I was say in retrospect now, maybe this WAN album and tour may have backfired at Jon. Not that I am critizing that he wanted to buy and NFL team, which was a dream of his for a while, but if he would have gone a different way about it, maybe he would have not had to make another record or tour, because I do beleive that David, Tico, and even Richie were not into it at that point. But it is what it is. Jon took the bait and went through some emotional moments because of this, and had to learn some hard lessons, but I think he learned from his mistakes and has moved on.

Buying a NFL team is quite the undertaking. He certainly went big on that one but I guess the payoff is great. I don't know much about football but would think he'd have to give up music for quite awhile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2017, 02:20 AM
I Don't Want To Post Forever

Send a message via MSN to liljovi93

I can't believe someone has said this is Bon Jovi at their peak.

Actually, it was Rosa, so I can.

Read some stupid stuff on this forum before but **** me, that's topped it.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Bon Jovi - Old Trafford - June 26th 2003
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 4th 2006
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 22nd 2008
Bon Jovi - Old Trafford Cricket Ground - June 24th 2011
Bon Jovi - City Of Manchester Stadium - June 8th 2013
Bon Jovi - Slane Castle - June 15th 2013
Bon Jovi - Hyde Park - July 5th 2013
Bon Jovi - London Palladium - October 10th 2016
Excuse me, has anyone got a bottle of orange juice?!

Not afraid of Burning Bridges, cause I know they're gonna light my way...
Old 04-21-2017, 03:19 AM
Livin' on a Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljovi93 View Post
I can't believe someone has said this is Bon Jovi at their peak.

Actually, it was Rosa, so I can.

Read some stupid stuff on this forum before but **** me, that's topped it.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
So if you thought what I wrote was stupid, fine, I will proudly take that as a compliment!