Home Register Members FAQ

The Official July 10 Letzigrund, Zürich, Switzerland Thread

Tour Discussion

Old 07-11-2019, 09:03 PM
Keep the Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith1985 View Post
Richie is missing. That is what I wanted to make clear in my post. In
It was clear what you wanted to mean on your post.
Richie is missing but it does not mean that the band is not sounding great because they are.
Richie is missing in vocal parts more than in his playing
Like LeaJovi said,if Jon was singing like in 2008,Richies absence wouldnt even be noticed.
MADRID-22/5/2003 / MILTON KEYNES-10 & 11/6/2006 / LONDON-24/6/2007 / STUTTGART-29/5/2008 / BARCELONA-1/6/2008 / LONDON-27 & 28/6/2008 / NEW JERSEY-26 & 27/5/2010 / MADRID-4/6/2010 / PARIS-16/6/2010 / MADRID-6/11/2010 / DRESDEN-10/6/2011 / MUNICH-12/6/2011 / ZEEBRUGGE-24/7/2011 / BARCELONA-27/7/2011 / SAN SEBASTIAN-29/7/2011 / LISBON-31/7/2011 / RICHIE SAMBORA-LONDON-16/10/12 / BERLIN-18/6/13 / KOLN-22/6/13 / MADRID-27/6/13 / MILANO-29/6/13 / LIVERPOOL-19/6/19 / LONDON-21/6/19 / MADRID-7/7/19

Old 07-11-2019, 10:01 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
It was clear what you wanted to mean on your post.
Richie is missing but it does not mean that the band is not sounding great because they are.
Richie is missing in vocal parts more than in his playing
Like LeaJovi said,if Jon was singing like in 2008,Richies absence wouldnt even be noticed.
Well, I think Richie's soulful playing is missing. The songs don't get me like they used to and while I like Phil, no way he is as good as Richie. The band can sound pretty decent but great? Not in my opinion. If you read bonjovi90 's review of the Munich show, that is pretty similar to what I think.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:05 PM
Jovi Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicanio View Post
The crowd look bored to tears
We were indeed.

As I've said yesterday I didn't enjoy myself, which it never happened to me before at any concert of any kind.

Certainly the fact that I've just broke up with my girlfriend the last week didn't help, as my mind was often far and away during the show.

But anyway, I was really hoping for a good show to make me forget everything for a few hours and also managed to get an excellent spot, 2nd row in GA. Actually I even felt closer to the stage than Wembley, when I was in GC.

For the first two songs Jon looked really pumped but as soon as Bad Name kicked in, my hopes vanished. From that moment on it was just a painful listening experience. Crowd only seemed to enjoy It's my Life and Prayer.

Oh and I forgot to mention that Switchfoot was an excellent opening act. Great music and especially great effort from the frontman - high energy during all the set and at one point he even roamed through the GC with no security following him and climbed up the GC/GA barrier. He definitely won the crowd.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:36 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaJovi View Post
Jon is 75%+ of the band.
For you maybe, but not for everyone. For me the "band" live was always 40% Jon, 40% Richie and 20% everything else. I'm sure it's different for everyone.

Quote:
If he was somehow miraculously singing by 2008 standards Richie absence wouldn't even be noticed, the band sounds great.
Yes, the band sound great, but they don't sound like the band that I grew up listening too. Apart from Jon's vocals, Phil - although a fantastic player - is too different in style to Richie. And yes Richie's voice is hugely missed too. It's true that Jon's poor vocals are making Richie's absence more noticable, but it's nonsense to suggest that no one would notice Richie wasn't there is Jon's voice was on form. Richie was a huge part of this bands sound for 30 years! That's why the majority of articles, reviews and interviews still mention his absence...
Old 07-12-2019, 07:57 AM
Jovi FANatic

Haven’t watched any YouTube videos of this show. No point really.

New album will bring a new tour. Will they play as many shows? Surely not. Is that even financially viable? Don’t they need a certain number of shows to start making money?

Less shows will mean higher ticket prices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2019, 11:47 AM
Jovi FANatic

Richie is SO missed imo... both his guitar and voice.. i love bj and always support them but its just not the same...and its not just different its worse...
Richie has a mojo vibe in his playing, a rock blues soulful approach along with a great sense of timing...he is obviously past his prime but gave us many great moments.
For me jon 50% Richie 30% Tico 15% Dave 5%

jon should finish the wan tour and then either scale down or go solo. at this point i m afraid he hurts bjs legacy by acting like Richie was replaceable and that line up is just different.

ps. kudos to phil for his energy and playing but its not the same in many different lvls.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:49 PM
These Days

Quote:
... I want to read some real singers / voice coaches opinion on this debacle. Is there a way back or this is it for our frontman's voice?
I think this article may have been posted here a while back but I'm not sure. https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...g-their-voices

I don't sing professionally; but I studied voice for a number of years. Although Brilla and Paglin's theory is somewhat controversial, it makes sense to me; and it seems to have had some success. The thing is, it would require an overhaul in Jon's technique and probably a lengthy sabbatical for rest, repair, and retraining; and I'm just not sure Jon's wired for that.

Quote:
... For more than a decade, [Brilla and Paglin] have been pushing for a revolution in the way that almost every modern performer has been taught to use their voice. After years of painstaking research in musical archives, early scientific journals and the classroom, Brilla and Paglin say they can deliver what medical science has failed to: a permanent fix for vocal burnout...

... The rise in vocal injuries is linked to a change in what we consider good singing. Across all genres, it has become normal to believe that louder is better. (One reason that Adele is such a big star is because her voice is so big.) As a result, singers are pushing their cords like never before, which leads to vocal breakdown...

...Brilla and Paglin have been saying this for years. “You cannot solve the problem by simply relieving the symptom,” Brilla said. “It’s a motor problem. The singer has to understand it’s the way you’re running your engine” – the techniques they’re using to sing. “If you don’t fix the engine, it’s going to happen again.”...

... Brilla and Paglin say they can restore most vocal cord problems naturally, via exercises that “massage out” the defect over time. They aim to stimulate the cords precisely where they aren’t coming together properly, and to break students out of the bad habits that cause problems in the first place: taking big gulps of air, tensing the throat and jaw muscles, forcing the mouth to open to exaggerated proportions, and the urge to scream out the high notes.

... The veteran Italian stage actor Moni Ovadia was one of their earliest big-name success stories. Throughout his mid-40s, he performed up to 250 shows a year, in Europe and the US, but by 48 he was ready to quit showbusiness. His voice had become flat and raspy, and he found it physically painful to perform. He credits Paglin and Brilla with restoring his voice and his career. “They saved my life,” he told me. Today, at 71, he is a bull on stage, and can perform non-stop for up to three hours.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:24 PM
Jovi Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationJovi View Post
This video shows the fan project.

Terrible song slowed down way too much, but Jon and the band don't sound good. Something sounds very off.

Bon Jovi, 10.7.19, CH-Zürich, "We weren't born to follow" - YouTube
https://negativewhite.com/wp-content...e-from-iOS.jpg

6 more concerts
Keep The Faith, baby!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiuW...ature=youtu.be

U_U
Old 07-12-2019, 05:45 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru View Post
No problem, you are just destroying my favorite song, Jon. But hey, the band sounds great...
Old 07-12-2019, 06:45 PM
Hardest Part is the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith1985 View Post
No problem, you are just destroying my favorite song, Jon. But hey, the band sounds great...
Then listen to the studio recording. He sings it right for you there