Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Pink Floyd - PULSE DVD

Other Bands

Old 12-02-2005, 01:43 AM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Default Pink Floyd - PULSE DVD

At this point, this is no surprise, but for those who are expecting this DVD..it has been delayed again till January 17, 2006. So much for a Christmas shopping season release.

I've had the cover for the DVD as my avatar on another forum for almost 2 years now...so that says how much this thing has been delayed. I will believe it when I see it on the shelf. Obviously it is pretty much done since the details are all set..but still.

Here they are anyway:

* DISC ONE
* Screen Films
* Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Concert Version)
* High Hopes
* Learning To Fly (1987)
* Bootlegging The Bootleggers
* What Do You want From Me
* On The Turning Away
* Poles Apart
* Marooned
* Videos
* Learning To Fly
* Take It Back
* Tour Stuff
* Maps
* Itinerary
* Stage Plans
* Pulse TV Advert
* [Song Selection (1-9)]
* Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Concert Version)
* Learning To Fly
* High Hopes
* Take It Back
* Coming Back To Life
* Sorrow
* Keep talking
* Another Brick In The Wall
* (Part 2)
* One Of These Days

* DISC TWO
* Screen Films
* Play All
* Speak To Me (Graphic)
* One The Run
* Time (1994)
* The Great Gig In The Sky (Wave)
* Money (1987)
* Us and Them (1987)
* Brain Damage
* Eclipse
* Alternate Versions
* Play All
* Speak To Me (1987)
* Time (Ian Eames)
* The Great Gig In The Sky (Animation)
* Money (Alien)
* Us and Them (1994)
* Say Goodbye To Life as We Know It
* Photo Gallery
* Wish You were Here with Billy Corgan
* Cover Art
* Meddle
* The Dark Side Of The Moon
* Wish You Were Here
* The Wall
* A Momentary Lapse Of Reason
* The Division Bell
* [Song Selection (10-22)]
* Speak To Me
* Breathe In The Air
* On The Run
* Time
* The Great Gig In The Sky
* Money
* Us and Them
* Any Colour You Like
* Brain Damage
* Eclipse
* Wish You Were Here
* Comfortably Numb
* Run Like Hell

Old 12-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to Mr Bluesman

That's one to purchase with the Christmas money then. Looking very much forward to getting hold of this.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Jovi Addict

My favourite version of Comfortably Numb? ever, that extended solo is just spine tingling. It actually sounds like a guitar crying, just incredible.
Blasting from high as the battle unfolds, to the gates of the city we come!
Old 06-14-2006, 03:11 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Ahh..I think it's quite safe to say this is definite after so many false release dates in the past being announced. Hope I'm not stating something that is old news to those who care...but the Pulse DVD is now being released on July 10 in the UK, July 11 in the USA.

Amazon USA:
Amazon.com: Pink Floyd - Pulse: David Gilmour,... Amazon.com: Pink Floyd - Pulse: David Gilmour,...
Amazon UK:
Pulse [DVD] [2006]: Amazon.co.uk: Pink Floyd,... Pulse [DVD] [2006]: Amazon.co.uk: Pink Floyd,...
HMV:
http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayP...;-1&sku=437093
Old 07-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

It is finally out NOW. It came out on July 11. It was a surprise to me - I have been checking the board every few weeks for years. Last week, while showing Kev and Thierry around New York City we walked into a Tower Records and there it was - staring me in the face LOL. Needless to say it came home with me.

Words can't describe how good it is. The only slight negative is that the video recording did not translate to large screen as well as it it should have. There is an interview with Gilmour where he admits it should have been filmed - not shot in video. Everything else is pristine - especially the sound. There are many extras on the DVD - including a "Bootlegging the Bootleggers" section which has some damn fine amateur footage - and a superior performance of Marooned.

Even 12 years later - when you would it expect this concert to look dated - it still blows me away. Go read the reviews on Amazon - this was a long awaited DVD and everyone else is blown away too.

Kathleen

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:29 PM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Kathleen, I'm glad you got a hold of it. I was wondering if you didn't care or didn't know when you didn't post.

I was also a bit worried that I would find the concert dated after more than a decade since...considering the current technology of live shows. I had just watched the Destiny's Child Farewell Tour DVD in Atlanta the week before it came out and the stage they have is quite impressive. In fact the whole set up could be used for a mindblowing modern Floyd experience if they were to tour now with the kind of stage technology I saw in the Destiny's Child show.

But it holds up after all of these years. It's one of those shows that uses what they have so well that it becomes timeless. The performance as well as the pure artistry that went into the stage show continue to drive it. I guess it's like a painting. The show wasn't designed to be about spotlighting some new stage gimmick that when watched decades later, reeks of cheese. The lighting, lasers, visuals effects are all done so classily that you just recognize the technology they are working with as just being the medium they use.

My roommate was impressed, he is the one with the Destiny's Child DVD plus being younger. The only part he didn't like was "Another Brick In The Wall II." Personally, that was a favorite part of the show of mine. I love the red lasers firing in time with that hypnotic guitar part from Part I then the huge rear screen lighting up with scribbling on it (notice that "Enigma" is gone on the DVD version?) He didn't care for the way the lights just got all bright for the "sing-along"..saw it as too much of a cop out as well. I do agree on this though...there is a cheesy part in the show.....we really could do without the "HEY TEACHER" in lights. I guess I still love it though because the actual arrangement of the song is bad ass. That segment was really his only compaint though, and he's a graphic designer. So he appreciates the small details and calls it out when it's crap.

I've been getting into "Keep Talking." For some reason I just didn't get into that song previously.

The video quality has actually improved over the Laser Disc and VHS version. It's sharper and more vivid. The lights don't bleed in the video as much. I watched it on a Sony 29" Trinitron with the Standard picture. "Vivid" picture mode actually showed grainy specs in the video. Where Standard didn't at all. So if it doesn't look too good at first, try different settings.

The bootleg stuff is great! Extremely watchable! I'd love to see a Bon Jovi show shot like that.

Oh...one final thing, you all know that the lighting designer for the PULSE show is the same one as on the Bounce tour? I didn't know this until after I saw the show...but I have to admit, I didn't quite see it while there, but now I do. I can't say I was actually impressed by the Bounce tour light show. I thought the lasers were sloppy and lacked dramatic effect.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:53 AM
These Days

i want to have it
Old 07-26-2006, 12:56 AM
These Days

just a question, is it supposed to be a full concert? because on the audio disc of Pulse, they also played Hey you, Astronomy Domine and A Great Day for Freedom, or there were just from other shows that was put on the live album version?
Old 07-26-2006, 01:05 AM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arash
just a question, is it supposed to be a full concert? because on the audio disc of Pulse, they also played Hey you, Astronomy Domine and A Great Day for Freedom, or there were just from other shows that was put on the live album version?
The album just culled the songs from different shows. The DVD is the entire show as it is..the only thing missing from it is the intermission which is between One of These Days and the Dark Side of the Moon performance (when you change discs.) So you just don't get to see a bunch of people walking around.)
Old 07-26-2006, 03:26 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Yes - that's the way I understood it also. The CD is great but it is taken from many concerts - the Pulse concert is the whole enchilada

I understand you wanting to have it. I wanted to have it for the longest time because I had the vhs version and I wanted the great 5.1 sound.

Kathleen

You write your truth and I'll write mine.