Home Register Members FAQ

Ain't Done Yet - Unreleased Song

New Bon Jovi Releases

Old 09-14-2022, 04:13 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphavictim View Post
Chorus might be "won't apologize for the fire I've got left"?
That's what I hear too.

Old 09-14-2022, 06:39 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
That's what I hear too.
I do too.

I think the "won't apologise for the fire I've got left", is JBJ's passion still, for singing even if he and the fans know he's voice is shot.....

I just think also, JBJ is limited in his voice range, which would elevate this song, or any song he now writes or sings.

Therefore the familar type of songs we hear.....

That is his big problem as well. We get the same low register of voice in most songs nowadays ( understandable his voice is shot) except when he tries in Luv Can, and Blood in the Water, which adds something to the songs, I wish he tried more rockier on songs on Albums on 4/5 songs, even if he struggles live, if he ever peformed them.

Blood in the Water, and Luv can, I think most fans would like to hear live, even if he struggles......

Last edited by jovifan85; 09-14-2022 at 06:45 PM..
Old 09-14-2022, 09:45 PM
Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovifan85 View Post
Therefore the familar type of songs we hear.....

That is his big problem as well. We get the same low register of voice in most songs nowadays ( understandable his voice is shot) except when he tries in Luv Can, and Blood in the Water, which adds something to the songs, I wish he tried more rockier on songs on Albums on 4/5 songs, even if he struggles live, if he ever peformed them.

Blood in the Water, and Luv can, I think most fans would like to hear live, even if he struggles......
I genuinely think JBJ is tired of writing such rock songs, he’s at a age where he maybe finds it embarrassing for a lack of a better word and not representative of the band right now. He’s grown old and with that things change and I think that’s the case with the music he now makes. I don’t mind the music nowadays, because we have gotten so many great tracks through the years. I take what comes now as a bonus
Old 09-15-2022, 04:40 PM
Breakout

Instead of "So hold on tight to the tires above me" I hear "So hold on tight to the ties that bind me". I just can't seem to hear the word 'above'...
Old 09-15-2022, 08:11 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Limitless was the same box of words put into a different order we've been getting since 2000. I liked its uptempo energy but big of cringe on the lyrics. His voice may be done but I'd rather hear him sound as he is than processed to all hell.
I also liked it uptempo energy, but to me it was the only song on 2020 that sounded like Jon was signing it! Compare his voice in Limitless to his voice in the other songs on 2020.

I heard them do Limitless live on a TV show (whose show sadly I can't remember now) and it sounded the same live. To me it sounded like Jon sang Limitless some years back when his voice was better. I know that isn't true--it's just what it sounds like to me.
Old 09-15-2022, 08:22 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.J. Always View Post
I also liked it uptempo energy, but to me it was the only song on 2020 that sounded like Jon was signing it! Compare his voice in Limitless to his voice in the other songs on 2020.

I heard them do Limitless live on a TV show (whose show sadly I can't remember now) and it sounded the same live. To me it sounded like Jon sang Limitless some years back when his voice was better. I know that isn't true--it's just what it sounds like to me.
Limitless is the only song with some energy in 2020. The song is not a great thing, but I can understand that many fans like it. It is the typical formula song of the band, but worse written, with too many cliches, without guitar solos, and with generic choirs.

Bon Jovi always represented energy since Runaway, and this song has some of that. If it were better written, a good mix where the instruments weren't drowned out and good guitar solo, the song would be the classic track we'd all expect as a first single. But as always, laziness ruined everything.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 09-15-2022 at 11:22 PM..
Old 09-15-2022, 08:26 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.J. Always View Post

That's so funny, I feel completely the opposite haha. To me Let It Rain is the most natural take. It doesn't sound great and doesn't sound too processesd where as Limitless just sounds like it's run through ten machines and pitch correction and artificial rasp. It's so wild that we can hear different things and neither us be wrong or right!
Old 09-15-2022, 10:31 PM
Suddenly

Default Ain't Done Yet

Does someone know how to play this song on guitar? Does someone know the chords being played?
I just live this song so much and I would like to play it myself, but I can't figure it out.
If someone can help, please let me know!
Old 09-15-2022, 11:03 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
That's so funny, I feel completely the opposite haha. To me Let It Rain is the most natural take. It doesn't sound great and doesn't sound too processesd where as Limitless just sounds like it's run through ten machines and pitch correction and artificial rasp. It's so wild that we can hear different things and neither us be wrong or right!
They are two different songs. A song like Limitless wouldn't work the same way as Let It Rain. That the voice is processed in a song like that, is not the problem, because if it were, then you would not like others like Have A Nice Day.

I have vague memories of this, but when I first heard the first snipet (1 minute aprox) of Have a Nice Day (studio track) that was released a few hours before their Live 8 performance, I didn't even recognize Jon's voice and I thought it was someone else.

His voice was so processed that it seemed fake. Artificial would be an understatement, however, the song works as it is. It have claw, the lyrics are not the best in the world but it is direct and work... the whole thing have punch, the instruments breathed and whoau! It even have a good guitar solo.

The change of sound when changing producer also made a difference. Something that has not been repeated since then. But that's another story, and at this point, as things stand, no producer is going to be able to fix or change nothing. So I don't mind having Shanks on board until the end.

I've assumed we're on the decline for years now, so I'm just enjoying that he's still releasing new music.... and watching him ride slowly towards the sunset. The only thing that makes me sad is that I imagined that the bunch of outlaws that would accompany him were different.

Last edited by rolo_tomachi; 09-16-2022 at 12:05 AM..
Old 09-16-2022, 12:20 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi View Post
They are two different songs. A song like Limitless wouldn't work the same way as Let It Rain. That the voice is processed in a song like that, is not the problem, because if it were, then you would not like others like Have A Nice Day.

I have vague memories of this, but when I first heard the first snipet (1 minute aprox) of Have a Nice Day (studio track) that was released a few hours before their Live 8 performance, I didn't even recognize Jon's voice and I thought it was someone else.

His voice was so processed that it seemed fake. Artificial would be an understatement, however, the song works as it is. It have claw, the lyrics are not the best in the world but it is direct and work... the whole thing have punch, the instruments breathed and whoau! It even have a good guitar solo.

The change of sound when changing producer also made a difference. Something that has not been repeated since then. But that's another story, and at this point, as things stand, no producer is going to be able to fix or change nothing. So I don't mind having Shanks on board until the end.

I've assumed we're on the decline for years now, so I'm just enjoying that he's still releasing new music.... and watching him ride slowly towards the sunset. The only thing that makes me sad is that I imagined that the bunch of outlaws that would accompany him were different.
HAND is processed too but the amount of digital work needed to make Jon's voice sound good in 2004 compared to 2020 is world's apart. That and I enjoy the lyrics of HAND oodles more than Life is Limitless fifty times.

I get they're two different songs but that really wasn't my point. The debate was about Limitless being the only song with natural sounding vocals which I cannot get on board with, not whether or not we like Limitless because it's processed. I think you're right in that if it had better lyrics and a guitar solo I may be warmer to it but as of now it's the second weakest track on the album to me for trying too hard to be a live your life song.

Tags
ain't done yet