Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Live Bon Jovi Concert To Air Via Sprint Wireless Phones

General BJ Discussion

Old 12-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Jovi Freak

Default Live Bon Jovi Concert To Air Via Sprint Wireless Phones

Question is: Is anyone able to watch/tape this? From Sprint TV?

[EDIT]I should learn to read. Apparently it can be watched only from phone. Must be an experience to watch it from 2 inch screen.[/EDIT]

http://www.musicmedialink.com/a?t=d1538

LIVE BON JOVI CONCERT TO AIR VIA SPRINT WIRELESS PHONES
Can you see Bon Jovi live from Washington DC exclusively on a Sprint phone? Yes you can.

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. − Dec. 5, 2005 − No tickets to an upcoming sold-out Bon Jovi concert? No problem. Thanks to Sprint (NYSE: S), Bon Jovi fans across the country can watch live video of the band’s Dec. 17 show, free of additional charge, via Sprint TVSMmultimedia devices and for Sprint MobiTV subscribers. (Normal Sprint PCS VisionSM data access charges will apply.) This unprecedented broadcast, made available exclusively by Sprint for its customers, is the result of the company’s title sponsorship of Bon Jovi’s “Have a Nice Day” United States’ tour, continuing through March 2006.

Using Sprint’s Emmy® Award-winning Sprint PCS Multimedia Services, powered by MobiTV, the live video will commence at approximately 8:30pm EST on Sat., Dec. 17, when Bon Jovi takes the stage at the MCI Center in Washington DC. The band’s entire performance, including encores, will be shown on Sprint TV Channel 33 in the Music Video category. Sprint customers will enjoy the full concert from the best seat in the house: anywhere they can use their wireless phone.

“Sprint’s sponsorship of Bon Jovi’s ‘Have a Nice Day’ tour has allowed us to bring compelling wireless content to our customers and Bon Jovi fans nationwide,” said Laurie Thompson, director of entertainment marketing for Sprint. “In fact, this unprecedented broadcast by Sprint demonstrates that our vision of a ‘third screen’ is a reality, and Bon Jovi fans will be among the first to realize what this will mean for the future of entertainment.”

Paul Korzilius, Bon Jovi’s manager, sees the band’s first full-concert wireless broadcast as the perfect progression of the band’s interaction with their fans. “The relationship with Sprint not only puts our music in the palm of fans’ hands through full-track music downloads and ringers, but now gives them an exclusive opportunity to experience a live Bon Jovi concert,
for the first time ever, on a wireless phone. And because this is a sold-out tour, that’s the next best thing to having a physical ticket.”

“Third Screen” a reality
Today’s announcement with Bon Jovi reinforces Sprint’s position that rich, high-value content will entice more consumers to use their wireless devices as a “third screen” for entertainment, news and information. After the television and the computer, mobile devices represent the newest alternative for news and entertainment delivery.

“Streaming the Bon Jovi concert live to our customers represents another milestone in the development of consumer wireless data services and continues Sprint’s legacy of innovation,” said Leslie Stafford, general manager of streaming music for Sprint. “Sprint was the first to offer live TV and streaming music over a mobile phone and is now the first to offer an exclusive, full-length rock concert to a mobile phone.”

Last edited by Stut; 12-14-2005 at 01:37 PM..

Old 12-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Yeah - I saw this last week. What a pain in the ass. Can you imagine the concert sound on a mobile phome? Can you imagine a bunch of friends huddled around a 2 inch screen trying to enjoy the concert together? Bah....

Kathleen

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Cut myself on angel hair
Slippery When Wet

Send a message via MSN to UKjovi

sounds crap to me
Old 12-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to Mr Bluesman

It's a nice idea. Fair enough, it's not as practical as watching it on TV or on the internet (not to mention actually being there), but watching it on the move is a cool concept. In terms of sound and picture quality, some of these phones aren't too bad. Plug in your handset's headphones and the sound quality is great.

Not entirely sure about what you'll be paying for this though. Is it all part of the monthly fee or what?
Old 12-14-2005, 03:28 PM
The Distance

Why not record the audio stream from the cellphone to the computer soundcasrd if the audio is great .
Old 12-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Destination any Forum

Send a message via MSN to Mr Bluesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry
Why not record the audio stream from the cellphone to the computer soundcasrd if the audio is great .
I'm sure you can, if you're that way inclined.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:04 AM
Troublemaker
The Distance

how stupid is that???