Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

about Richie & Cher

General BJ Discussion

Old 09-02-2004, 09:23 AM
Undiscovered Posts

Default about Richie & Cher

Hell'o

my first big post here... hehehe

I don't know if it was disscused on this forum before. probably it was. But ... I got hyperactive, asked some questions and I've got these:

Richie wrote "We all sleep alone" for her...and he even performed this song in one of his Liveshows...But after that business relationship he wanted to marry her but she wasn´t ready. Actually she´s never ready and wants to keep the "Marriage-Thought" out of her life. He was hurt and, as far as I know it, they split...and he married this bi*ch from Melrose Place...Heather L...

Hard rock fans often wonder if Richie Sambora and Gene Simmons, who know each other very well, ever compared notes on Cher. At forty-four, Cher went backstage at a Bon Jovi concert after the show and her eyes met Richie's across a crowded dressing room, Richie's cool, Jersey-boy style and his ability to put her at ease made Cher even more attracted to him.
Sambora, thirteen years Cher's junior, has always been known to be a charmer and was the perfect remedy for Cher to ease the heartbreak caused by Camiletti. The rock guitarist coproduced, with Jon Bon Jovi, CHer's 1987 self-titled album.
Like many of the superstar's precious beaus, Sambora was fun to be with, though at the time he was definately no marriage material. Today, he is married to actress Heather Locklear. They are the parents of a baby girl named Eva. Richie and Cher really haven't kept in touch over the years, but have said "Hi, how are you?" in passing at awaes shows, including the MTV Awards.

Cher said about Richie: "He was cool, he was a good lover and I loved him. But the press said shit things about us and they showed Richie as the one who talked bad things about me. And i wanted Richie to prove it and to sort this problem out in the public but he didn´t...so I had to go. I need someone who´s strong and who can handle the press well and who defend me..."

and 3 pix I never saw before

it says "Cher, 45, with the lover Richie Sambora. "She spends too much time in front of the mirror", he said a year later."

I had a great fun cos it's all new to me

if this topic was started previously can some good person, who knows, tell me on which one from 200some pages is it, please?

thx in advance

faris

powiesilam sobie BrYana...

Old 09-02-2004, 04:13 PM
This Post Feels Right

oh my god - she was only 45 and he was 32???

Back then I was under the impression she was at least 60 and he was 25! Oh my......
I miss the fire that was once in your eyes
Well come on and say something now
Old 09-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Where do people keep getting that Richie wrote We All Sleep Alone for Cher? Jon, Richie, and Desmond Child wrote We All Sleep Alone in one of their writing sessions before they ever worked with Cher. Desmond, professional songwriter, was also consulted in the writing process for that Cher record and HE brought the song in. HE brought in Bon Jovi. Cher even has said she was hesitant about working with a "metal" band and was only willing to give them a shot because she had met Jon when he was at the Power Station and remembered him as a nice kid (Or translated becaue Bon Jovi was the hottest thing in the world at the time and it certainly wouldn't hurt her record sales).

Richie and Cher didn't even meet until the band went in to record the song and he and Jon produced that song and Bang Bang for her. The song is much older than Richie and Cher's relationship which did not start until the middle of the New Jersey tour after Jon and Richie had been approached about another song they wrote which she recorded: Does Anybody Ever Really Fall In Love Anymore.

Becky
Old 09-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Jovi Freak

Cool pics, never saw them too!
And cher was 45 .. :O she looks older
I''m sorry :P hehehe...
Old 09-04-2004, 05:38 AM
Breakout

This is one of most importants songs from Richie in my oipinion.

Believe
Old 09-04-2004, 06:05 AM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior

Believe
important songs? Richie has 'important' songs?
I miss the fire that was once in your eyes
Well come on and say something now
Old 09-04-2004, 05:44 PM
Runaway

Send a message via MSN to Bon Jovi belgium

"She spends too much time in front of the mirror"
hehe good one richie
Old 09-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Rocket Queen
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Mousebounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkywho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior

Believe
important songs? Richie has 'important' songs?
LMFAO!!!! That is news to me also.

Old 09-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Jovi Addict

Send a message via AIM to hatchett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky
Where do people keep getting that Richie wrote We All Sleep Alone for Cher? Jon, Richie, and Desmond Child wrote We All Sleep Alone in one of their writing sessions before they ever worked with Cher. Desmond, professional songwriter, was also consulted in the writing process for that Cher record and HE brought the song in. HE brought in Bon Jovi. Cher even has said she was hesitant about working with a "metal" band and was only willing to give them a shot because she had met Jon when he was at the Power Station and remembered him as a nice kid (Or translated becaue Bon Jovi was the hottest thing in the world at the time and it certainly wouldn't hurt her record sales).

Richie and Cher didn't even meet until the band went in to record the song and he and Jon produced that song and Bang Bang for her. The song is much older than Richie and Cher's relationship which did not start until the middle of the New Jersey tour after Jon and Richie had been approached about another song they wrote which she recorded: Does Anybody Ever Really Fall In Love Anymore.

Becky
On the San Diego 91 bootleg before he starts the song he says ... "This is a song ... I wrote for a friend of mine .....". I guess he meant that loosely.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:40 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchett
On the San Diego 91 bootleg before he starts the song he says ... "This is a song ... I wrote for a friend of mine .....". I guess he meant that loosely.
Yes, VERY loosely.

Becky