Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

richie sambora update ?

General BJ Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-09-2011, 04:13 AM
TheseDaysEra's Avatar
TheseDaysEra TheseDaysEra is offline
Senior Member
Blame it on the love of posting
 
Join Date: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 1,230
Default richie sambora update ?

hey guys,

any update on Richie's condition/improvement ?
__________________
Tonight you've got the right to let your hair down

Lisbon 2008; Lisbon 2011
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 05-09-2011, 12:48 PM
heart&dagger's Avatar
heart&dagger heart&dagger is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Addict
 
Join Date: 27 Oct 2009
Location: That Ol' Duvol Motel
Gender: female
Posts: 456
Default

I've not heard of any updates, although, I'm sure that there are some fans, here, that are more *in the know* than I am.

Of course, I do hope that he is making progress, even if it is just baby steps every day.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-09-2011, 04:20 PM
luceknight's Avatar
luceknight luceknight is offline
Senior Member
Dry County
 
Join Date: 20 Aug 2009
Location: Brasil
Gender: female
Posts: 1,842
Default

no updates...as far as I know.
Besides Jon telling us he's not doing well...
but that he'll be better soon.
__________________
Broken hearts can't call the cops, it's the perfect crime.


Concerts I will always keep in my mind and heart:

Iron Maiden - Recife, Brasil, March 31 2009
Bon Jovi - Morumbi Stadium, São Paulo, Brasil -October 6 2010
Iron Maiden - Recife, Brasil, April 3 2011
Paul McCartney - Recife, Brasil, April 21 and 22 2012
Iron Maiden - Fortaleza, Brasil, March 23 2016
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Sambo-Chris's Avatar
Sambo-Chris Sambo-Chris is offline
Moderator
Price of posting
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,042
Send a message via ICQ to Sambo-Chris Send a message via MSN to Sambo-Chris
Default

Only update from yesterday is a tweet from PhilX where he was asked if he will be in Europe and he answered "that's not confirmed".
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Rdkopper's Avatar
Rdkopper Rdkopper is offline
Senior Member
The Distance
 
Join Date: 04 Oct 2008
Gender: male
Posts: 8,311
Default

Whitney Houston just checked herself into rehab too. What is it with these celebrities? They have the world by the balls and they are all f-ed up.

It's such a double standard with them too b/c we are expected to feel for them but if it is any other everyday person, they'd be considered an outcast to society.

With that said, I do wish the best for Richie and hope he does make a full recovery.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-09-2011, 07:50 PM
RSROCKS's Avatar
RSROCKS RSROCKS is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Freak
 
Join Date: 18 Jan 2006
Gender: female
Posts: 3,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Whitney Houston just checked herself into rehab too. What is it with these celebrities? They have the world by the balls and they are all f-ed up.
Sex, drugs and rock and roll. It's a lifestyle they're almost expected to have and they have the money to live it.

I don't envy celebrities at all. I wouldn't wanna live my life in a fishbowl like they do despite the choice they have to either be famous and make dough or carry on being a nobody and poor in LA.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-09-2011, 08:53 PM
bounce442's Avatar
bounce442 bounce442 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 21 Apr 2010
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Age: 40
Gender: male
Posts: 1,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSROCKS View Post
Sex, drugs and rock and roll. It's a lifestyle they're almost expected to have and they have the money to live it.

I don't envy celebrities at all. I wouldn't wanna live my life in a fishbowl like they do despite the choice they have to either be famous and make dough or carry on being a nobody and poor in LA.
There are two types of celebrity. There are the Jon Bon Jovis and the Richie Samboras. There are the types that use the celebrity status to make the world a better place and the type that use it to destroy themselves.
__________________

I drove all night down streets that wouldn't bend
But somehow they drove me back here once again...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Bill23 Bill23 is offline
Senior Member
Wanted Dead or Alive
 
Join Date: 08 May 2011
Location: Mpls., MN
Gender: male
Posts: 385
Default

I just love how one of the Richie articles/reports stated that Bon Jovi are in the midst of a "grueling tour" LOL. Haven't they been taking weeks/months off at a time? Private jets, luxury hotels etc... It just made me laugh I guess.

Joking aside-Good luck to Richie in his battle with the bottle or whatever demons he's fighting.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:07 PM
RSROCKS's Avatar
RSROCKS RSROCKS is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Freak
 
Join Date: 18 Jan 2006
Gender: female
Posts: 3,655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounce442 View Post
There are two types of celebrity. There are the Jon Bon Jovis and the Richie Samboras. There are the types that use the celebrity status to make the world a better place and the type that use it to destroy themselves.
You're an idiot if you think that's what Richie Sambora does with all of his money. He's got his humanitarian projects and things he supports but he doesn't get the publicity Jon does nor does he like working constantly outside the band to get the publicity Jon does through the work with his Soul foundation.

Last edited by RSROCKS; 05-09-2011 at 09:11 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-09-2011, 09:39 PM
bounce442's Avatar
bounce442 bounce442 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi FANatic
 
Join Date: 21 Apr 2010
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Age: 40
Gender: male
Posts: 1,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSROCKS View Post
You're an idiot if you think that's what Richie Sambora does with all of his money. He's got his humanitarian projects and things he supports but he doesn't get the publicity Jon does nor does he like working constantly outside the band to get the publicity Jon does through the work with his Soul foundation.
You're an idiot if you think I said that is "all Richie does with his money".

I am pretty sure we all know Richie has done his share of goodwill. There is a lot more to being a celebrity than money.
__________________

I drove all night down streets that wouldn't bend
But somehow they drove me back here once again...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.