Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Yondr: Disables phones at concerts, movies, etc.

NBJ - Everything Else

Old 12-17-2017, 05:14 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Yondr: Disables phones at concerts, movies, etc.

https://www.overyondr.com/

I heard an interview with the creator of this device that will disable phones. They focused on the concert application. If this happens ( and some bands are using it), there will be no concert videos, photos, selfies, Snapchat, real time set list updates, etc...

On the other hand, people will actually pay attention to the show instead of their phones.

Thoughts?

I think I would actually be okay with it. The phone can be very distracting during a show. My only real concern is finding friends easily if you’re in different sections or if you miss an actual emergency text or call.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:50 AM
Something for the Posts

While it's certainly pleasurable to think of not having to visually wind your way through a forest of arms holding phones at concerts, what if a bomb went off or someone became ill or a babysitter needed to get through?

If there's money in the budget for furnishing and managing anti-phone pouches, there's money in the budget for ensuring that phones are placed on silent and vibrate, or ejecting phone photographers/texters who ignore signage prohibiting it during the performance.

Foo Fighters Generate Concert Photo Controversy

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 12-24-2017 at 06:38 AM..
Old 12-24-2017, 06:56 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
National Public Radio:...As Beyonce herself told fans at a recent show, "Y'all gotta put the camera phones down for one second and actually enjoy this moment." Adele, too: "Yeah, I want to tell that lady as well, can you stop filming me with a video camera? Because I'm really here in real life — you can enjoy it in real life."

...Yondr has found fans of its own in (other) artists like Alicia Keys, and comedians like Dave Chappelle, Louis C.K. and Hannibal Buress...
Hannibal Buress? That name rings a bell...

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...
Old 02-04-2018, 12:27 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Jack White is banning phones at all shows on his upcoming tour. He wants the audience to experience the show through their own senses and not their screens.
Old 02-06-2018, 04:08 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

Well it wasn't that long ago that I went to concerts and the babysitter couldn't get in touch with me. I would be fine with EVERYONE not having internet access - not just me but the VIPs too.

I use a different device and I do record concerts. There is no bright screen involved and nothing held up over my head. No one near me has any idea that I am recording (or that my husband is recording). I don't take pictures, nor do I take video - that takes me out of the moment.

I would be fine with a disabled phone since I always shut my phone off when I am recording in any case, the phone searching for a network causes interference in the recording.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Something for the Posts

MetalInjection.net: Fans planning to attend...(a Tool) gig at The Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland, Ohio, got this...email from the venue before the show:
“We respectfully request that you please watch and listen to the show, not your phone. You will be ejected from the show without the opportunity to return and without a refund if you violate this simple request and elect to take photos during the performance. In the event of a personal emergency, phone use may occur on the concourse away from the performance area.”