Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Your most embarrassing album(s)

Other Bands

Old 02-17-2011, 01:19 AM
Born to be my Baby

Default Your most embarrassing album(s)

Do you have the coolest record collection ever? Or do you have one or two albums in your collection which are quite shameful?

I reckon I have done alright, My first album was "Slippery When Wet" which I got just before my seventh birthday, so I didn't go through a Debbie Gibson or Tiffany stage during my childhood...it was rock music from the get go. In saying that, there are a lot of people who poke fun at some things in my collection, mainly all the hair metal bands that I love, but I am not ashamed. I also own every Insane Clown Posse album, which may be embarrassing to most, but I kinda like them.

I think my most embarrassing album I own would be Milli Vanilli's The Remix album...however, I did just buy it for a laugh, honest...and also Roxx Gang - Thing's You've Never Done Before. Even for a hair metal album, the lyrical content is deplorable.

Honourable mention also goes to "Lost Highway"

So, be honest and spill the beans...tell me the most embarrassing album(s) in your collection....

Old 02-17-2011, 02:05 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

At my age probably half my CD collection is embarrassing LOL.

However pretty much everything on my shelf (as opposed to everything on my computer - which is quite different) was at some point a favorite of mine.

I have a lot of old folk stuff - I was a huge folk fan back in the 60's. Kingston Trio, Joan Baez, Judy Collins, The Byrds, The Mamas and Papas, The Everly Brothers, Simon and Garfunkel - I could go on but you get the picture. Do I play this stuff all the time - nope. Do I still enjoy it when I do - yup.

Then there are all the pop-rock groups like The Dave Clark Five (which Jon loves to steal from) the Rascals (Jon also loves to steal from them) all the Beatles albums which I still love, The Beach Boys etc.

I have an old Bell, Book and Candle CD that is pretty bad,

I guess the stuff in my collection would be considered the most embarrassing would be the big selection of classical music and opera. And I still love that too.

You don't want to even know how many Springsteen bootlegs I have - and I probably have more Led Zeppelin than anything else. Not the slightest bit embarrassing if you ask me.

I really like music.

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:20 AM
Something for the Posts

Um, probably Bon Jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
I have a lot of old folk stuff - I was a huge folk fan back in the 60's. Kingston Trio, Joan Baez, Judy Collins, The Byrds, The Mamas and Papas, The Everly Brothers, Simon and Garfunkel - I could go on but you get the picture. Do I play this stuff all the time - nope. Do I still enjoy it when I do - yup.
In terms of beautiful, shimmering, hooky power-pop with incredible lyrics, insanely gorgeous harmonies and absolutely unfuckwithable 12-string guitar work, has anyone measured up to the following opening trio of songs;

1# "Mr. Tambourine Man" (Bob Dylan) – 2:29
2# "I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better" (Gene Clark) – 2:32
3# "Spanish Harlem Incident" (Bob Dylan) – 1:57

?

Nope! McGuinn's voice makes me all tingly as well. Really can't beat the early Byrds records for perfect guitar pop. Pity everyone left and they became so godawful and overrated as a live band. The vocals on the late period live albums sound like four dying cows hickin' it up (and don't even get me started on that bullshit country rock on the records after Dr Byrds...). When the vocals were McGuinn/Clark/Crosby, though...wowee zowee!
Old 02-17-2011, 03:33 AM
Jovitalk Award Winner
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kathleen Send a message via MSN to Kathleen

I downloaded a recent live show of McGuinn's from dime. He guested on a 2009 show with Bruce so I knew he was still out there singing live somewhere LOL. His voice is not the same but that jangly pop guitar still sounded as gorgeous as ever.

And I followed Crosby by listening to CSN and then CNSY and I still go to their shows. Maybe it was the early influence but I can still listen to beautiful harmonies and folk music without any problem. That's where I learned to love Neil Young too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
Um, probably Bon Jovi

In terms of beautiful, shimmering, hooky power-pop with incredible lyrics, insanely gorgeous harmonies and absolutely unfuckwithable 12-string guitar work, has anyone measured up to the following opening trio of songs;

1# "Mr. Tambourine Man" (Bob Dylan) – 2:29
2# "I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better" (Gene Clark) – 2:32
3# "Spanish Harlem Incident" (Bob Dylan) – 1:57

?

Nope! McGuinn's voice makes me all tingly as well. Really can't beat the early Byrds records for perfect guitar pop. Pity everyone left and they became so godawful and overrated as a live band. The vocals on the late period live albums sound like four dying cows hickin' it up (and don't even get me started on that bullshit country rock on the records after Dr Byrds...). When the vocals were McGuinn/Clark/Crosby, though...wowee zowee!

You write your truth and I'll write mine.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:55 AM
Blaze of Posting

LOL!!!! I have a few from before I got into Rock that I like to keep under wraps as people say. I think I have The Sign by Ace of Base somewhere and Puff Daddy and the Family's No Way Out is there as well. I should be embarrased by the very first Power Rangers soundtrack but somehow I think that's kinda Kick ass
Old 02-17-2011, 05:01 AM
Jovi FANatic

I won't admit it in real life, but since it's a message board...

Best regards,
the Sexx
Old 02-17-2011, 05:19 AM
Born to be my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion View Post
I won't admit it in real life, but since it's a message board...

Best regards,
the Sexx
Mate, don't worry...this is a safe place...we won't tell anyone (or so you would hope)
Old 02-17-2011, 06:23 AM
Something for the Posts

St Anger.
TLFR (but I bought it used just for the bonus DVD I swear!).
Old 02-17-2011, 07:26 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

Paris Hilton - Paris
Miley Cyrus - Breakout
Hannah Montana meets Miley Cyrus - Best of Both Worlds live
Ricky Martin - Life
Taylor Swift - Speechless
Enrique Iglesias - Life
Justin Bieber - My World
Justin Bieber - My World 2.0
Justin Bieber - My World Acoustic
Hillary Duff - Dignity
Lindsay Lohan - Speak
Ke$ha - Animal
Brittany Spears - Circus
Brittany Spears - Blackout
50 Cent - Massacre

Wow, Its great to get that off my chest.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:50 AM
Blaze of Posting

I'm not really embarrassed by anything I have. Granted, some stuff I have isn't nearly as good as other stuff, but I don't bother buying/downloading stuff I don't like on some level.