Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read

Bon Jovi Ticket Sales

Tour Discussion

Old 01-19-2018, 06:48 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda
Default Bon Jovi Ticket Sales

I am very genuinely surprised at how poorly ticket sales are doing. Now I understand it's only the first day of official sales, but for example - Look at the Little Rock Arkansas map. Only about 10% of the arena is sold!

But another question - the price points for seats at MSG have been fluctuating up and down over the last couple hours. At one point the same seat might be up to $50 more or less - and this isn't resale tickets - they're standard admission tickets. I bought floor tickets for night 1 during the presale for $169, but now floor tickets behind it are $199, but then an hour later they're $179 (which is still $10 over what I paid). I don't get it. That's the same with the $69 tickets. At one point they were 69, but then they went as high as $89. What gives?

Edit: now the floor tickets are $225?!

I'm trying to buy the cheapest tickets possible for night 2, but the $20 and $36 tickets aren't to be seen as well.

Last edited by Panda; 01-19-2018 at 06:52 PM..

Old 01-19-2018, 07:37 PM
Blaze of Posting

Can't seem to get tickets to Orlando. Don't know if ticketmaster is being a bitch. Also the inconsistent pricing is weird.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:11 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I don’t think I would use Little Rock as a point of reference. It’s one of the smallest markets they are playing. There are probably more people in Orlando than there are in Arkansas!
Old 01-19-2018, 09:22 PM
Jovi Geek

The promoter will have Ticketmaster release tickets in dribs and drabs at all price points. What muddies it up is there are "resale" tickets that will show up now so be careful to avoid those but that's why you see the various price points for the same section. If you can see a seating chart the "pink" dots are the resale.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:40 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I keep getting messages from an app saying they have reserved “the best” tickets for me and when I look at the charts, those best seats suck compared to what I got in fan club presale.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:21 PM
The Distance

Very odd system is this common for tickets in the USA? I mean I’m in Chicago next week and I wonder if this is happening for NBA and NHL as well?
Old 01-19-2018, 10:23 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa View Post
The promoter will have Ticketmaster release tickets in dribs and drabs at all price points. What muddies it up is there are "resale" tickets that will show up now so be careful to avoid those but that's why you see the various price points for the same section. If you can see a seating chart the "pink" dots are the resale.
There's way too many resale tickets for the first day. Weird that there's gonna be people sitting next to you that will have paid up to $100 more to basically have the same vantage point.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:04 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda

It's not even the resale tickets I'm talking about. I see the red resale buttons. I know what they are.

A general admission, non resale ticket on the floor at MSG is going for $225. For a general admission, non resale ticket earlier, that is even closer on the floor, I paid $169. and I've seen every price point over the last few hours inbetween. What gives?
Old 01-19-2018, 11:38 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
It's not even the resale tickets I'm talking about. I see the red resale buttons. I know what they are.

A general admission, non resale ticket on the floor at MSG is going for $225. For a general admission, non resale ticket earlier, that is even closer on the floor, I paid $169. and I've seen every price point over the last few hours inbetween. What gives?

I was wondering thst myself. Paid $151 on amway for the floor. Now tickets on that section I see are $365!! Non resale... weird...
Old 01-20-2018, 12:16 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via AIM to Adam D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
I was wondering thst myself. Paid $151 on amway for the floor. Now tickets on that section I see are $365!! Non resale... weird...
What floor section? I passed on the floor because I could only get sections way back.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Slippery When Wet
The Circle
Crush
Have A Nice Day
Lost Highway
What About Now
Bounce
7800 Fahrenheit
Bon Jovi

"Each song played was just another example of how ingenious these guys are at writing choruses that make you feel like there’s a big game tomorrow, that you’re the underdog, and that you’re going to win."