Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Katie Melua

Other Bands

Old 12-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Default Katie Melua

Any fans of this woman here?

I used to hate The Closest Thing To Crazy and Nine Million Bicycles, those being the only songs of hers I had heart I immediatly dismissed her.

But lately I've been loving (sexy) female singer-songwriters (Marion Raven, Gabriella Cilmi) and decided to give Katie Melua a chance anyway. So I listened to her two latter albums Piece By Piece and Pictures and I was shocked to find songs on there that I loved, just kept repeating them and I still am.

Some songs contain some real crap lyrics but somehow it works and you can forgive her/her writing partner.

She has a lovely calm voice and it works as primary music to listen to and also as background music.

I just got her Greatest Hits for Christmas and I've discovered some cool songs from her debut and also watched the DVD that came with it which is a live concert - she made me laugh during that concert and that's the quickest way to my heart, being a funny female. ANYWAY, she puts on a nice show.

Oh and she's very beautiful. As in the I-just-wanna-hug-you-forever beautiful. Such a pretty woman.

Anyway so yeah, any fans?

Old 12-28-2008, 10:02 PM
These Days

Send a message via MSN to mo_rizwan

I saw her perform Nine Million Bicycles at the 2006 World Music Awards in London's Earl's Court (the day after Bon Jovi got inducted in the UK Music Hall of Fame).

Never really got into her music, but my God she looks so $exy in the flesh
Old 12-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I've come to like Nine Million Bicycles but Crazy remains hated.

Mo - I love your way of thinking. 'Cept for the not liking her music bit.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:10 PM
These Days

Send a message via MSN to mo_rizwan

Just telling it how it is my friend
Old 12-29-2008, 12:26 AM
Something for the Posts

i like what ive heard and been meaning to get her compilation pack thingy she just brought out but havent got round to it. I dismissed her originally but have some more stuff and am beginning to like her.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Blaze of Posting

I love Katie Melua (not so much Pictures though) but Piece by Piece must be one of my favorite albums of the 00s. She's a goddess, has one of the most subtle and calm voices I have ever heard. Her cover of Just Like Heaven must be the song I have listened to most in my entire life, maybe even more than to Wanted Dead Or Alive. I also freakin' love her cover of I Think It's Going To Rain Today from her debut. And in general, her jazzy-bluesy-acoustic pop is mind-blowing. The best music style that has been commercially popular this decade. And she's much much better than Marion Raven who in my opinion has an average voice at best. Maybe Norah Jones and Joss Stone are more talented musicians, but Katie Melua just got that extra something that makes her stand out.

Unfortunately, I got her first 2 albums as presents from my ex-girlfriend and now I can't help but have some memories come back each time I hear her beautiful voice, so I've been sort of avoiding her in more recent days. Won't be long though....

Good topic!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Dry County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsausage II View Post
I just got her Greatest Hits for Christmas and I've discovered some cool songs from her debut and also watched the DVD that came with it which is a live concert
I believe that concert is filmed here, in the Rotterdam Ahoy in The Netherlands.
I am not a fan but don't mind to listen to here songs when played on the background.

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker
Old 05-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Her live album 'Live At The 02 Arena' comes out tommorow (in the UK at least, dunno about the rest of the world).

But because I'm so damn frickin' awesome I got my copy today

Haven't listened to it yet though, I just wanted to brag. I shall listen to it tonight after I've watched an episode of Angel and I'll let you all know how it is in the morning...then I'll let you all know how the Katie Melua CD is too.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:48 PM
It's my post

Not enraptured by her lyrics, sorry.

The voice and he music is good though, she split with her guitarist (Justin Sandercoe, www.justinguitar.com) recently, hope it stays as good.

Work, work, work for the workin' man!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

Just saw an advert for her new album today. I totally forgot about that - shall pick it up tommorow!

Looked at the tracklist though. Some crackin' titles!

And my God. She truly is just one of the most gorgeous women in the entire world and all it's history.

She's playing in Glasgow on my birthday. Can I go all the way just for Katie Melua though? I mean, I travel that distance for Bruce Springsteen, not some girl. But it IS my birthday. But should a guy spend his 19th birthday sitting down at a Katie Melua gig? Hmm.