Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

iHeart Radio Awards, Icon Award, March 11,2018

General BJ Discussion

Old 03-12-2018, 04:09 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryCounty View Post
I'm not one who likes to stat any unnecessary discussion that won't lead anywhere regarding Jon's vocals, but I simply thought it was well put that I also really loves both BB and THINFS with all my heart and it breaks my heart to see the band I love sound like this in a public forum like this. I owe this band so much, and they mean so much to me that it's just tough to see this. Especially in a show like this were the band is supposed to win people over and show the world they are still going strong - instead they show the opposite.

I am honestly happy for you people who can enjoy this, I really wish I could :]
This is precisely why I always maintained that they should do as little high profile performances like this one. They have a strong brand name and should make conscious decisions to preserve it. General public seeing Jon's current state of voice is doing the no favors commercially..

Old 03-12-2018, 05:11 AM
Something for the Posts

In a word...underwhelming.

It's My Life wasn't bad, just...one-dimensional. Bad Medicine wasn't bad, just...disastrous. Two songs in, and he's already out of gas? He didn't even seem to have a complete command of the lyrics.

I think complete vocal rest is his only chance -- no more gigs until Rock Hall, cancel the remaining 2018 dates, and devote the rest of the year to getting back to guitar rock basics new material (preferably with Richie).

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 03-12-2018 at 07:17 PM..
Old 03-12-2018, 05:29 AM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

1. "Because We Can" Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, Billy Falcon 4:00
4. "Pictures of You" Bon Jovi, Sambora, Shanks 3:58
8. "Army of One" Bon Jovi, Sambora, Desmond Child 4:35
9. "Thick as Thieves" Bon Jovi, Sambora, Shanks 4:58

Why are people so insistent that if he starts writing with Richie again the machine is magically fixed. People are trashing RSO, people are trashing THINFS, and no one was crazy about WAN. Neither of them are in a place where they're putting out gold and putting them together won't do much of anything.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:51 AM
Just posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
I thought he pulled off IML for the most part... Sure he dodged a few notes but it wasn't horrible... Bad Name was the usual... No different then it was on Colbert...

It wasn't great but I wasn't cringing either...

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk
Worst live version of It's My Life I've ever heard. I can't even begin to guess what key he was trying to sing in.

Bad Name on Colbert was actually very good and gave me hope. It was unlistenable last night. Band sounded fine. Jon was a trainwreck.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:10 AM
Dry County

Please, tell me this is a nightmare. Jon simply can't sound this bad...

That version of IML was downright horrendous. Bad Name wasn't much better.

Just call it a day after this tour, guys. JBJ is done.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:30 AM
Next 100 Posts

In general yes, It was awful. Still better than last year at least he's not off tempo throughout the entire songs....still wondering why he's cupping that mic even when speaking
Old 03-12-2018, 09:00 AM
These Days

How dare you guys bash Jon only 10 days after his birthday? I'm really upset.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:03 AM
Jovi Fan

For what it's worth, the tour starts in a few days, Jon might just be taking it easy on his vocals so he's ready for the first show.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:29 AM
Blame it on the love of posting

oh my gawd I was cringing the whole time. IML was atrocious. Why oh why Jon's mic is not lowered? Surely he's aware he has those other FIVE guys to cover his ass?? Phil did a great job, I don't care how you feel about the guy, I'm the first to admit that I won't pay to see this lineup, but you have to admit the band is lucky to have him. He's delivering his parts the way a band this fvcking huge deserves in a high profile event.

rosa you are nuts if you think we hate the band and want them to fail. I don't think I've ever addressed your comments because honestly you have to be trolling most of the time. You can't be serious. Like others have said we not only want the band to have longevity as long as they can deliver to their standards, we also don't want them to ruin their fvcking legacy by under-performing especially in front of so many people, people who have working ears, people who are not going to salivate over Jon's ass because they don't care about how he sounds (he's sooooo hot!!!1!!). BJ should be wiping the floor with the other performers and sadly it is the other way round. Do you really think this is what we secretly want??

These days what's left of me ain't no Prince Charming

We know Jon, we know
Old 03-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Something for the Posts

Pretty much agree with the majority here...band sounds great, It's My Life was terrible for Jon. I can see why those that aren't aware of his current vocal situation may think he was ill.

Bad Name was fine by today's standards, obviously it's a song that he feels safe doing, it was much better than it's my life for sure.