Default New Years Eve

Has anybody actually seen it yet?
Whats It Like?
How was jons acting/singing

Gunner

Old 12-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Unsurprisingly it's been hammered by the critics. Surely even the dumbest most hard core Bon Jovi fan wouldn't put themselves through this...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/new_years_eve_2011/
Old 12-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticos_stick View Post
Unsurprisingly it's been hammered by the critics. Surely even the dumbest most hard core Bon Jovi fan wouldn't put themselves through this...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/new_years_eve_2011/
I'm a fan of Jon, Deniro and a few others of the cast from the movie. I won't however be spending a cent to watch it, it's just something that I choose not to support and doesn't interest me in the slightest. The only reason I can see so many stars getting involved in these kinds of movies is a guaranteed box office face time and an easy paycheck...
Old 12-12-2011, 01:19 AM
Keep the Faith

God, I can't wait. Ever since Pucked and Cry Wolf I've just been dying to see Jon act again. Oscar winning stuff those films, made me laugh, cry, burp and poop all at the same time. And for him to be in a film with Zac Effron and Sarah Jessica Parker... To. Die. For. I mean, it's cum in my pants time, it really is.

In unrelated news sarcasm detectors worldwide have exploded - scientists are blaming an unexplained astronomical leap in sarcasm levels around the time of this post.

Milton Keynes 1 (HAND), Manchester & Bristol (LH), Dublin 2 (2011), Dublin 2 (THINFS)
Old 12-12-2011, 01:23 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I saw it today and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I want to see it again. I don't know why some of you are putting so much stock in what critics say about films. If you listened to what critics said about music, you'd never have bought a Bon Jovi CD.

Jon's acting was good, but he's playing a rock star and he sings in the film so it's hard to separate him from Jon Bon Jovi, especially when you hear his voice. It's not like when he played Jamie in Row Your Boat and you saw the character and not the rock star. If you're a Bon Jovi fan, you'd know Jensen is definitely not Jon because he has a bus not a plane and he uttered words that would never come out of Jon's mouth: (spoiler): "I'm canceling the tour." But for me, Robert DeNiro and Halle Berry are also so famous that it's just as difficult to see "Mr. Harris" and "Amy" instead of Robert DeNiro and Halle Berry. Jon sounds really good, especially on Have a Little Faith in Me. His and Lea Michelle's voices blend beautifully together and I like the way that duet was done in the film. I won't spoil that. I think the Jensen part was written specifically with Jon in mind because Jensen is from New Jersey and it's his last name that's famous.

I would have enjoyed the film even if Jon hadn't been in it, but his being in it made it even better. I've already posted on Facebook to see if anyone wants to go with me to see it next weekend. I plan to see it again.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:52 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I saw it today and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I want to see it again. I don't know why some of you are putting so much stock in what critics say about films. If you listened to what critics said about music, you'd never have bought a Bon Jovi CD.

Jon's acting was good, but he's playing a rock star and he sings in the film so it's hard to separate him from Jon Bon Jovi, especially when you hear his voice. It's not like when he played Jamie in Row Your Boat and you saw the character and not the rock star. If you're a Bon Jovi fan, you'd know Jensen is definitely not Jon because he has a bus not a plane and he uttered words that would never come out of Jon's mouth: (spoiler): "I'm canceling the tour." But for me, Robert DeNiro and Halle Berry are also so famous that it's just as difficult to see "Mr. Harris" and "Amy" instead of Robert DeNiro and Halle Berry. Jon sounds really good, especially on Have a Little Faith in Me. His and Lea Michelle's voices blend beautifully together and I like the way that duet was done in the film. I won't spoil that. I think the Jensen part was written specifically with Jon in mind because Jensen is from New Jersey and it's his last name that's famous.

I would have enjoyed the film even if Jon hadn't been in it, but his being in it made it even better. I've already posted on Facebook to see if anyone wants to go with me to see it next weekend. I plan to see it again.
just to clarify, do you want to go see it again?
24.06.2011 - LCCC, MANCHESTER
25.06.2011 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
16.10.2012 - RICHIE - SHEPHERD'S BUSH, LONDON
0̶8̶.̶0̶6̶.̶2̶0̶1̶3̶ ̶-̶ ̶E̶T̶I̶H̶A̶D̶ ̶S̶T̶A̶D̶I̶U̶M̶,̶ ̶M̶A̶N̶C̶H̶E̶S̶T̶E̶R̶
05.07.2013 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
Old 12-12-2011, 02:03 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK View Post
just to clarify, do you want to go see it again?
I think she does y'know. If she's lucky they might be showing Spy Kids 4 before hand.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:25 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticos_stick View Post
I think she does y'know. If she's lucky they might be showing Spy Kids 4 before hand.
Is that the one with the new 4D IMAX Smell-o-vision?

wish i could go.
24.06.2011 - LCCC, MANCHESTER
25.06.2011 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
16.10.2012 - RICHIE - SHEPHERD'S BUSH, LONDON
0̶8̶.̶0̶6̶.̶2̶0̶1̶3̶ ̶-̶ ̶E̶T̶I̶H̶A̶D̶ ̶S̶T̶A̶D̶I̶U̶M̶,̶ ̶M̶A̶N̶C̶H̶E̶S̶T̶E̶R̶
05.07.2013 - HYDE PARK, LONDON
Old 12-12-2011, 03:29 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Bootleg footage of Have a Little Faith in Me:
Old 12-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Price of posting

Send a message via ICQ to Sambo-Chris Send a message via MSN to Sambo-Chris

I watched it on WEdnesday and liked it. Sure, Jon never will become an actor even if he plays more or less himself but the movie was very funny.