http://www.timeout.com/chicago/Detai..._good_name.xml

Old 07-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Jovi Freak

Future politician? Shit!
Old 07-20-2006, 08:06 PM
Price of posting

^ I think he was joking.

Thanks for posting the article.
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3
Old 07-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Jovi FANatic

I definitely think he was joking about the politician thing. Jon is way too private a person to submit himself to that kind of scrutiny. Plus he gets more "done" now as a private citizen philanthropist than he would as a politician.

cute article though. Somehow I can just envision Jon running around the house trying to hide from his little ones just so he can talk on the phone, lol.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Tokyo Road

Any chance someone could copy and paste it? It won't let me open the link ....

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Troublemaker
The Distance

wont work 4 me either
Old 07-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Jovi Fan

There you go:

He gives rock a good name

Locked in a closet while his kids pee on the floor, Jon Bon Jovi chats about his philanthropic rock & roll lifestyle.

By Amy Carr

Go ahead, call Jon Bon Jovi a has-been ’80s rocker. With the year he’s having, you can call him David Lee Roth and he won’t give a damn.

His latest album, Have a Nice Day, hit No. 2 on Billboard’s Hot 100, and his recent duet with Sugarland’s Jennifer Nettles (“Who Says You Can’t Go Home”) made Bon Jovi the first rock band to ever score a No. 1 country hit. He’s filling stadiums across the country, and brings his tour to Soldier Field Friday 21. The 44-year-old singer/actor did a guest stint on The West Wing this past season and plans to start filming a movie with Queen Latifah in January. Bon Jovi’s also been busy earning a reputation as a generous philanthropist. Using the profits from his arena football team, the Philadelphia Soul, he and Habitat for Humanity continue to build homes and playgrounds for inner-city families in Philly. Next month, he’ll visit New Orleans to give 22 families the keys to the new homes built with a $1 million donation he made to the one person he saw getting things done post-Katrina: Oprah. When he called us from his New Jersey home earlier this month, Bon Jovi sounded less like a superstar and more like a harried dad trying to get four kids (ages 13, 11, 4 and 2) out of his hair long enough to talk to a reporter.

advertisement
Jon Bon Jovi. How are ya?
I’m a little hectic today. The kids throw the god-darn diaper off, and then they run around and they say they want to watch Barney, and they pee on the floor. I’m locking myself in a closet as we’re talking.

Yeah, I know the feeling. So, you come through Chicago a lot. Ever think of giving up that whole Jersey thing and moving to the Heartland?
Chicago is a great city. The restaurants are great. I like to sit outside because, much like New York City, people are dying to take those clothes off and strut around the streets and sit outside and people-watch. The bars are great, and you’re sports crazy.

You’re a little sports crazy yourself. You had to buy yourself a team?
I am a little sports crazy. But your Chicago Rush won the championship. How great is that? I love football so much that when the NFL season was done I would get sad. A friend of mine told me about the AFL and when I realized its affordability, accessibility and all the good things it does in the community, it moved me. If anything, it was a guide to my philanthropy. I could give back to the community under the guise of football, and it didn’t seem like a carpetbagger rock star flying into this town for one show a year and then splitting.

Why did you give Oprah a million bucks?
Because I knew Oprah is someone you don’t mess with. When the system was initially broken and the mayor was going loony about the federal government not being able to handle this [Katrina] situation, I knew who to go to. I said, Here’s a million dollars, let’s go make a difference. Houses are built and people are moving in next month.

How did the country song happen?
It’s a mainstream Bon Jovi song, so it’s no different than “Blood on Blood” or “Just Older.” But when we wrote it, we knew that the opportunity was there. I accidentally stumbled upon Keith Urban in a hotel one day and said, “Why don’t you come down and play a little, sing a little, ’cause I got a great idea.” It was a great experiment, never to be released. I went to the record company and said, “I have a great idea, not with this guy, but do you have someone else?” They said we have a new girl nobody knows of, Jennifer Nettles, in a band called Sugarland. The girl knocked it out of the park.

You’ve been heavily linked to the Democratic party. Which was more fun: campaigning for John Kerry or (The West Wing’s) Matt Santos?
[Laughs] Matt, because I found out I was on the winning side! It’s been tough. I am Al Gore’s No. 1 fan. I just adore the man.

Are you going to run for office?
That’s a very hard job. Jokingly, someone once asked Clinton and I whose job was better. I said mine—because I get to keep the house and the plane! Just being a concerned citizen and philanthropist sounds like a good idea to me.

Does anything come between you and your leather pants?
[Laughs] I can’t answer that on the grounds that I might incriminate myself, and as a future politician I shouldn’t be doing that.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Tokyo Road

Thanks, seems a bit too much of an "Everything but the music" interview for my liking

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Troublemaker
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus
Thanks, seems a bit too much of an "Everything but the music" interview for my liking
yeh i agree

thanx for the link